Home
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #17
Rookie

jmoney112287's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Sim Style

A general note to everyone in the league. There is a rules section on the forum front. Please make sure you read over the rules, and try to follow them to the best of your ability. Everyone understands that there may be a game or two per season where you possibly break a rule by accident. That is not a big deal. It is a big deal when you repeatedly break multiple rules, and ruin the gameplay experience for everyone else, which will not be tolerated.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #18
Rookie

chillaxation's Arena

OVR: 0
Zero replies to my question about Oregon... I'm not so sure about where this is headed. This is likely the beginning of the end IMO. I am stunned you kicked him from the dynasty. I would understand letting jmoney play the CPU, but geez. Guess I'm not commish though.

I mean, jmoney you just said he broke multiple rules and ruined the gameplay experience for everyone else. I only was able to note 1 specific rule you accused him of breaking, the "same play over and over" rule. Was there more? Also, count me out of "everyone", because I was previously happy with all aspects of my gameplay experience.

This doesn't feel like an honest gameplay discussion. From an unbiased observer, it sounds like one person is mad. What a letdown.

Last edited by chillaxation; 10-19-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #19
Rookie

jmoney112287's Arena

He is obviously cheesing with his SS. There's no way that 73 overall player can put up those numbers without some "assistance", and that is ruining everyone's chances of post-season defensive awards. That is not playing in a realistic fashion. See the rules.

He is leaving his starting players in blowouts and scoring TD's with his starters with less than a minute to play in 40+ pt wins. The rules also state that in the 4th quarter with a lead of 3+ scores, that you must put in backups. It's one thing if you finish out a series that splits the 3rd and fourth quarter, but this is pretty much an every game thing. I can provide specific examples of him doing this on multiple occasions if you'd really like?

He also runs plays that continually cause a glitchy defense, making it virtually impossible to cover a player. Specifically, he ran the same 4-wide formation over and over, and he would slip the RB out in the flat who was uncoverable based on the cpu defense not properly shifting, regardless of coverage.

As a side note, the whole thing about me stacking 8 in the box is a little odd considering I ran a 4-3 with 2-deep safeties basically every play, so maybe he really doesn't understand what he is doing when it comes to football...

What do you want to know about Oregon? I'm specifically talking about someone breaking rules that are clearly laid out, that everyone should have read before signing up. If you want to run an offense like Oregon's, go for it. You can be up-tempo, you can run the option every play if you'd like, that's just dandy. He literally ran the EXACT same pass play over and over, with the exact same RB motion to create the opening. Not variations on a formation, but the EXACT same thing. If you want to go for 2, that's your prerogative, just don't be doing it with a huge lead. There's no cheesing in that, it's a high-risk, high-reward scenario.

That's at least 3 rules broken several times each, and all of them are pretty blatant.

For the record, I didn't even play the game this week, and it was simmed by the commish at my request. I don't really give a **** about losing (I have unfortunately lost many a game in my dynasty careers over multiple years of playing the game), but I do care about people that can't follow a simple set of rules to prevent unfair play. You can feel free to argue about his user-user play style all you want, but even if you take that out of the equation, he has still broken 2 other rules against the cpu over and over again, and there is a clear record of all of this if you look at game recaps. I'm not going to argue back and forth over this. Read the rules, and if you don't like them, don't play.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #20
Rookie

chillaxation's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney112287
He is obviously cheesing with his SS. There's no way that 73 overall player can put up those numbers without some "assistance", and that is ruining everyone's chances of post-season defensive awards. That is not playing in a realistic fashion. See the rules.

He is leaving his starting players in blowouts and scoring TD's with his starters with less than a minute to play in 40+ pt wins. The rules also state that in the 4th quarter with a lead of 3+ scores, that you must put in backups. It's one thing if you finish out a series that splits the 3rd and fourth quarter, but this is pretty much an every game thing. I can provide specific examples of him doing this on multiple occasions if you'd really like?

He also runs plays that continually cause a glitchy defense, making it virtually impossible to cover a player. Specifically, he ran the same 4-wide formation over and over, and he would slip the RB out in the flat who was uncoverable based on the cpu defense not properly shifting, regardless of coverage.

As a side note, the whole thing about me stacking 8 in the box is a little odd considering I ran a 4-3 with 2-deep safeties basically every play, so maybe he really doesn't understand what he is doing when it comes to football...

What do you want to know about Oregon? I'm specifically talking about someone breaking rules that are clearly laid out, that everyone should have read before signing up. If you want to run an offense like Oregon's, go for it. You can be up-tempo, you can run the option every play if you'd like, that's just dandy. He literally ran the EXACT same pass play over and over, with the exact same RB motion to create the opening. Not variations on a formation, but the EXACT same thing. If you want to go for 2, that's your prerogative, just don't be doing it with a huge lead. There's no cheesing in that, it's a high-risk, high-reward scenario.

That's at least 3 rules broken several times each, and all of them are pretty blatant.

For the record, I didn't even play the game this week, and it was simmed by the commish at my request. I don't really give a **** about losing (I have unfortunately lost many a game in my dynasty careers over multiple years of playing the game), but I do care about people that can't follow a simple set of rules to prevent unfair play. You can feel free to argue about his user-user play style all you want, but even if you take that out of the equation, he has still broken 2 other rules against the cpu over and over again, and there is a clear record of all of this if you look at game recaps. I'm not going to argue back and forth over this. Read the rules, and if you don't like them, don't play.
Fair response. Didnt mean to argue back and forth, thought I was just discussing the situation. I guess my thought was that his User v cpu stats have been visible all season, but didnt become a problem until this game when you played him.

I guess I should pay closer attention to the rules, as I've accidentally broken that 4th quarter up by 3 scores rule too.

I get the bigger point though, and respect the answer on an Oregon style offense vs what Rubix did. I just raised it to show grey area with respect to sim style / traditional football and to Be clear on how its defined. But i recognize that if it's the exact same pass play with the same motion several times in the same series, that should be different and against the rules.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney112287

Lol, come on man? Uncoverable and glitchy? Do you know how ridiculous you sound? It's football, any play can be stopped.

And I don't run the same play over and over, on almost every first down I try and run up the middle or run a toss. When that doesn't work, I go back to that play because it's obvious you aren't covering the flat. I mean what do you want me to do?

Ahh that makes sense you were in 2-man under, when I'm in the Power formations it would put one of your DBs in the box since there's only 1 WR split out.

I posted how my defense works. Someone else try it, you'd be amazed how well the system works. Nickel Strong Under Smoke is the best defensive play in the book.

If you want to recruit for it you have to get DE Pass Rushers, DT Run Stopper, LB's Balanced, and DB Coverage. You also have to take your fastest player (based on ACC and SPD) and put him in that slot position, and try to recruit all defensive backs with 90+ in speed and acceleration. Sean Thomas is a 94 in ACC and 90 in SPD, that's why he gets to the QB so fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillaxation
I get the bigger point though, and respect the answer on an Oregon style offense vs what Rubix did. I just raised it to show grey area with respect to sim style / traditional football and to Be clear on how its defined. But i recognize that if it's the exact same pass play with the same motion several times in the same series, that should be different and against the rules.
I ran the same play against you multiple times and you pretty much shut it down that I couldn't run it anymore.

Wonder why he couldn't figure out how to stop it...
Old 10-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm probably guilty of the 4th Q subbing, but to be honest I never even checked the stats until this all came up a little while ago and I had no idea I was breaking the rules. I'll go back and read them again and make sure I'm on point. I was surprised about the sack numbers on my team and I just run a few different blitzes from 3-4, Nickel, and Nickel 1-5-5 and I don't manually move any player or control any player to get through to the QB. All my sacks just come from standard heat and sometimes the CPU picks it up and sometimes it doesn't. I do get a fair amount of coverage sacks though with my DEs and that surprised me.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #24
Rookie

Here is the infamous play.

WARNING: If you read this and add this play to your playbook it might get you booted from the dynasty. Read further at your own risk.

It's under Pistol: Spread Flex - Y Corner

As you can see, the RB goes in motion into the flat, the outside WR runs a slant, and the inside WR runs an out post route. If the opponent is in Man Coverage then the 2 WRs will pull both DBs with them and the LB will be caught out of position and the RB will be wide open in the flat.

If they go into a zone like Cover 2 or Cover 3 and leave a guy in the flat, most likely the slant route will be open.

This play doesn't really work too well against the CPU though because it adapts (unlike some players) pretty quickly and starts leaving a guy in the flat.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Rags To Riches »