Home

Old 12-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Season 3 Week 13

Week 13 is up. Next advance is Saturday at 6:00pm EST. We'll always advance early if everyone is ready.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Season 3 Week 13

This was another classic game for North Texas. North Texas was looking to get back over 500 and to become bowl eligible.

Arkansas State jumped to an early 14-0 lead, then McNulty fumbles the ball away to give Arksansas St. the ball 1st and goal at the 10 to end the 1st. I was thinking this game was getting way out of hand early in this one. Sedberry picks off the pass and returns it 100 yards for a TD, to make it a 14-7 game. Hillard leads State back to setup a 9yd TD run by Graham. McNulty tried to force a pass and got picked off. Defense holds them to a fg. Ark State 24 NT 7. Freshman RB Smith fumbles the ball on the next possession and holds them to a missed 49 yard fg. Next play, McNulty was picked off again for trying to get a score before half. North Texas was having a terrible 2nd quarter. The defense holds Arksansas State to a punt. McNulty gets a second shot at the 2 minute drill, he leads them down the field to find TE Jones in the endzone with 14 seconds left.

Halftime
Arkansas State 24 NT 14

North Texas opens the half with the ball, hoping to get a TD to make this game close again. McNulty leads them back find Harper and ultimately running in 14 yards for a TD. Arkansas State gets their rushing game going again and settles for a 33 yard fg. Ark State only up by 6 now, NT now has a shot. McNulty gets a few passes complete, but has to punt. Now in the 4th, Fred Jackson busts one 29 yards for a TD, 2 pt conversion
failed. Fred Warner returns the kickoff 94 yards to bring them back within 5. North Texas defense forces them to punt with 3:36 left in the 4th. McNulty finds Harper, then Smith for 5 and a 15 yard faceback on the D. Finds Lancaster for 5, incomplete on 3rd, finds Scrapps on 4th and 10 play with 54 seconds left.

Incomplete to Jones on 1st and 2nd down, 3rd down sacked for 8 yard loss. I call Timeout to settle the guys down. On 4th down, McNulty finds the true freshmen Allen for 20 yard completion at the half yard line. 18 seconds left, Dan Smith finds the endzone to give NT a 1pt lead. Now on the 2pt play, McNulty finds Harper to give NT a 3pt lead with 16 seconds left in the game. North Texas decides to do a normal kick vs squib kick. Beathard throws incomplete pass, then they do a 18 yard draw play, that setups a incomplete Hail Mary pass.

North Texas comes from behind and upsets Arkansas State 36 - 33

McNulty 19/32 229 1 TD 2 picks.
Arkansas State had 290 yards rushing.

Arkansas State had more total yards 454 to 263 and had a +3 turnover advantage.
Player of the game CB/KR Warner 183 KR yards and a 93 yard TD return.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Old 12-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Season 3 Week 13

Nice win man. I love the write ups, I just can't remember all the play by play once I'm done with my game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Rags To Riches »