Home

Old 11-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #9
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2025 Rules changes

I would like to know what user in this league plays the defense you are referring to Ground. I have not seen it. And truthfully this discussion was put in place for the new users. The rules are clearly defined and again I have not witnessed any of this in user games. Most of this is from user vs cpu games. Again this is a sim league.

I think User games are fine and scheduling is good too.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #10
Rookie

Ground's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdb12
I would like to know what user in this league plays the defense you are referring to Ground. I have not seen it. And truthfully this discussion was put in place for the new users. The rules are clearly defined and again I have not witnessed any of this in user games. Most of this is from user vs cpu games. Again this is a sim league.

I think User games are fine and scheduling is good too.
I can not remember what specific user that it was, but what I will do is make note of it if/when I see it again. Trust that I have more to do with my time then to make up situations about a football game. I apologize if this topic was only for new users, I never and still don't see where that was posted. I understand that rules are clearly defined I just figured that this would be a good opportunity to bring about a couple of things that I have seen and that clearly do not define sim. I don't understand why I feel like I am being attacked here for bringing up these situations in a topic posted about rule changes? The only answers that I have received is that no one should be running those defenses and your answer of simply, "were sim." I guess it is what it is and I apologize for voicing my opinions and concerns in a topic titled "rule changes" in a forum of a online dynasty that I am apart of.
NBA: Los Angles Lakers
Old 11-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #11
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
I can not remember what specific user that it was, but what I will do is make note of it if/when I see it again. Trust that I have more to do with my time then to make up situations about a football game. I apologize if this topic was only for new users, I never and still don't see where that was posted. I understand that rules are clearly defined I just figured that this would be a good opportunity to bring about a couple of things that I have seen and that clearly do not define sim. I don't understand why I feel like I am being attacked here for bringing up these situations in a topic posted about rule changes? The only answers that I have received is that no one should be running those defenses and your answer of simply, "were sim." I guess it is what it is and I apologize for voicing my opinions and concerns in a topic titled "rule changes" in a forum of a online dynasty that I am apart of.
I'm not sure why you feel like you are being attacked either. I just wanted to know where you saw that defense because I haven't seen it. I know this thread was created after we had a score of almost close to 100 points with the starting QB having 9 tds. That is not realistic. Plus we have had a lot of high scoring games this year. My assumption was that the commish was tryng to remind us (mainly the new users) that this is a sim league. Offering suggestions on how to not let the game get out of hand against thr CPU. And you asked what type of leauge this was and I replied that this was a sim league and that has never been questioned.

Last edited by scdb12; 11-02-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #12
Rookie

Ground's Arena

Quote:
I'm not sure why you feel like you are being attacked either. I just wanted to know where you saw that defense because I haven't seen it. I know this thread was created after we had a score of almost close to 100 points with the starting QB having 9 tds. That is not realistic. Plus we have had a lot of high scoring games this year. My assumption was that the commish was tryng to remind us (mainly the new users) that this is a sim league.

But when you come to a post and make an accusation about a user playing the type of defense you described im letting you know I haven't seen it and would like to know who, because this league has always been sim.
The first team that I played this year in a online user game where my QB torched him for like 500 yards passing simply because he was playing that defense and I just passed around it. Let me hop on the ncaa football website and look just sec.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #13
Rookie

Ground's Arena

Sent team name in pm.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #14
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

Quote:
The first team that I played this year in a online user game where my QB torched him for like 500 yards passing simply because he was playing that defense and I just passed around it. Let me hop on the ncaa football website and look just sec.
Well I think your first game was against me......and I don't play 1-5-5 defense, or play press coverage every down. My defense is no where near that.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #15
Rookie

Ground's Arena

Quote:
Well I think your first game was against me......and I don't play 1-5-5 defense, or play press coverage every down. My defense is no where near that.
It was my 2nd user game and as I said I sent the team name in a pm message to you.

Stats were: Passing 35/41 433YDS 4TD 1INT
Rushing 15 84YDS 1TD

The defense he was running was used to stop the run but it was not a traditional defense. I simply just passed around it but it was used every down of every play same thing. There is no team in NCAA or NFL that runs a defense like that. So either though I was able to pass around it, it is still not sim by definition.

Last edited by Ground; 11-02-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #16
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

Quote:
It was my 2nd user game and as I said I sent the team name in a pm message to you.

Stats were: Passing 35/41 433YDS 4TD 1INT
Rushing 15 84YDS 1TD

The defense he was running was used to stop the run but it was not a traditional defense. I simply just passed around it but it was used every down of every play same thing. There is no team in NCAA or NFL that runs a defense like that. So either though I was able to pass around it, it is still not sim by definition.
My team is Tx State and I just looked closer and I was your second game. My team plays a 4-2-5 defense and there are plenty of teams most notably Auburn and South Carolina who use it. You QB passed all over my D. It is an aggressive defense who is suspectible to the big play but it makes you one dimensional.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Rags To Riches »