Home

Old 11-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #17
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2025 Rules changes

I remember that game all to well. My team was up 21-7 and it looks like I was going to score again. I was so complacent that game and relaxed. Next thing I know you scored the 17 to take the lead and I couldn't recover. Let's not forget that most of that game my team was met with cover 2 man press.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #18
Rookie

Ground's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdb12
I remember that game all to well. My team was up 21-7 and it looks like I was going to score again. I was so complacent that game and relaxed. Next thing I know you scored the 17 to take the lead and I couldn't recover. Let's not forget that most of that game my team was met with cover 2 man press.
Dude.....show me a video where any team in NCAA or NFL uses a 4-2-5 with press coverage every play every down for the whole game. If you produce a video that shows exactly what your defense did on every play every down the whole game then I will personally apologize to you. I play a simple default 4-3 defense and probably played a lot of cover two man coverage. I DO NOT press coverage every play. I was calling 4-3 normal 2 man coverage and would guess when u were going to run and select to stop the run......thats it....teams actually do that, in fact they do all the time. Auburn and South Carolina have the 4-2-5 in their defense but they do not use it all the time, and they do not use the same play like you did pressing the line over, and over, and over, and over, and over......I would be fine with you using a 4-2-5 playbook that's no big deal, its how you used it that is unrealistic and certainly not simulation.
NBA: Los Angles Lakers

Last edited by Ground; 11-02-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #19
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
It was my 2nd user game and as I said I sent the team name in a pm message to you.

Stats were: Passing 35/41 433YDS 4TD 1INT
Rushing 15 84YDS 1TD

The defense he was running was used to stop the run but it was not a traditional defense. I simply just passed around it but it was used every down of every play same thing. There is no team in NCAA or NFL that runs a defense like that. So either though I was able to pass around it, it is still not sim by definition.
From what I noticed, in today's game between us and in the previous games we've played in past seasons, he does run a 4-2-5 that can sometimes appear to morph into a 4-3 by the way he blitzes. It is designed to keep the run in check at the line and provide an extra body in coverage. It is somewhat unconventional, but it is run in teams like TCU, about 90% of the MAC, etc. It might not be run in the NFL to the best of my knowledge, but the 4-2-5 is seen in the college ranks.

In fact, due to the depth I will have at linebacker next season, I have considered switching to this type of defense myself.

But I never thought of this as against sim rules. I thought just about the only rule for sim style defense was don't "nano blitz" (when you send all of your linebackers to one side of the field and they consistently get to the QB immediately after the snap)...

Mind providing a definition of sim style for defense, seeing as how apparently none of us know what it is now?

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #20
Rookie

Ground's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
From what I noticed, in today's game between us and in the previous games we've played in past seasons, he does run a 4-2-5 that can sometimes appear to morph into a 4-3 by the way he blitzes. It is designed to keep the run in check at the line and provide an extra body in coverage. It is somewhat unconventional, but it is run in teams like TCU, about 90% of the MAC, etc. It might not be run in the NFL to the best of my knowledge, but the 4-2-5 is seen in the college ranks.

In fact, due to the depth I will have at linebacker next season, I have considered switching to this type of defense myself.

But I never thought of this as against sim rules. I thought just about the only rule for sim style defense was don't "nano blitz" (when you send all of your linebackers to one side of the field and they consistently get to the QB immediately after the snap)...

Mind providing a definition of sim style for defense, seeing as how apparently none of us know what it is now?
I am completely fine with him using a 4-2-5 defense that is not the argument. As stated in my above post it is how he used it that IS NOT simulation.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11

Yep I was just about to say that TCU runs a 4-2-5 as well and are very good at it too.

Also, if you want evidence of an aggressive 4-2-5 just watch TCU play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #22
Rookie

Ground's Arena

It is very similar to the video below. I would like to know what team does this every play every down the whole game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Uy1hluXo4
Old 11-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #23
Rookie

Ground's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaosDTX
Yep I was just about to say that TCU runs a 4-2-5 as well and are very good at it too.

Also, if you want evidence of an aggressive 4-2-5 just watch TCU play

AND I REPEAT: I am completely fine with him using a 4-2-5 defense that is not the argument. As stated in my above post it is how he used it that IS NOT simulation.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #24
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
Dude.....show me a video where any team in NCAA or NFL uses a 4-2-5 with press coverage every play every down for the whole game. If you produce a video that shows exactly what your defense did on every play every down the whole game then I will personally apologize to you. I play a simple default 4-3 defense and probably played a lot of cover two man coverage. I DO NOT press coverage every play. I was calling 4-3 normal 2 man coverage and would guess when u were going to run and select to stop the run......thats it....teams actually do that, in fact they do all the time. Auburn and South Carolina have the 4-2-5 in their defense but they do not use it all the time, and they do not use the same play like you did pressing the line over, and over, and over, and over, and over......I would be fine with you using a 4-2-5 playbook that's no big deal, its how you used it that is unrealistic and certainly not simulation.
Bro, 4-2-5 is the staple of Auburn, South Carolina, and TCU. Gus (Auburn's head coach) even did an article on ESPN of how to recruit for it. It is a defensive play book in NCAA. I probably have one of the most confusing defenses out of all the users but it is definitely sim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Rags To Riches »