Home

Old 10-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
2025 Rules changes

I'm taking suggestions for rules changes for next season.

I'm proposing a few.
1) 3rd quarter if up 42, put the 2nd string in.
2) 4th quarter if up, I'm think of extending it to 28 to put the backups in.
3) When your 2nd string entire offense is in with a big lead such as #1 and #2, you can't run the no huddle offense. I don't want to see 100 something to 28 scores, which isn't sim football. Have fun, but keep it realistic scores.

I know 4th down has came up a few times during the season, do we want to clarify this?

I'm open to suggestions.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 06:10 AM   #2
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2025 Rules changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliam
I'm taking suggestions for rules changes for next season.

I'm proposing a few.
1) 3rd quarter if up 42, put the 2nd string in.
2) 4th quarter if up, I'm think of extending it to 28 to put the backups in.
3) When your 2nd string entire offense is in with a big lead such as #1 and #2, you can't run the no huddle offense. I don't want to see 100 something to 28 scores, which isn't sim football. Have fun, but keep it realistic scores.

I know 4th down has came up a few times during the season, do we want to clarify this?

I'm open to suggestions.
My $.02:

I also do not want to see 100-28 scores, that irked me a lot when this actually came up. I'm fine with people scoring around 70-77, because teams do actually score that much sometimes, but any more could be a problem, unless they are all defensive touchdowns.

4th down I'd like to see clarified, when I played USM in the season opener this came up.

I feel anywhere past midfield and out of your kicker's field goal range (anywhere between the 50-38 yard lines) should make you eligible for a 4th down attempt. Anywhere in your own territory, you punt.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:05 AM   #3
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
My $.02:

I also do not want to see 100-28 scores, that irked me a lot when this actually came up. I'm fine with people scoring around 70-77, because teams do actually score that much sometimes, but any more could be a problem, unless they are all defensive touchdowns.

4th down I'd like to see clarified, when I played USM in the season opener this came up.

I feel anywhere past midfield and out of your kicker's field goal range (anywhere between the 50-38 yard lines) should make you eligible for a 4th down attempt. Anywhere in your own territory, you punt.
I agree that 70-77 is a happy medium. I know for my games this season even when I tried to just run I still would score off of large runs. My second string QB, RB, and WR's could all be my first team.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
Rookie

Ground's Arena

OVR: 2

I think a lot of these questions would be solved if we clarify if this is a simulation league or not. Because then in order to answer those questions all you have to do is ask you self, "would this happen in real life?" If the answer is no....then DON'T DO IT. Very very very very few teams go for it on their half of the field on fourth down in the first quarter with no scores. No team plays a 1-5-5 defense with press coverage every down on defense, ect. ect. ect. I have seen all of these in this league in user games. So the real question is, "Is this a sim league or not?" Then you can lay out standard rules for what should and should not happen.
NBA: Los Angles Lakers

Last edited by Ground; 11-02-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
I think a lot of these questions would be solved if we clarify if this is a simulation league or not. Because then in order to answer those questions all you have to do is ask you self, "would this happen in real life?" If the answer is no....then DON'T DO IT. Very very very very few teams go for it on their half of the field on fourth down in the first quarter with no scores. No team plays a 1-5-5 defense with press coverage every down on defense, ect. ect. ect. I have seen all of these in this league in user games. So the real question is, "Is this a sim league or not?" Then you can lay out standard rules for what should and should not happen.
This is a sim league. I think most of the questions come offensively. And in essence it really just comes down to don't run up the score and put your second string in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Ground's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdb12
This is a sim league. I think most of the questions come offensively. And in essence it really just comes down to don't run up the score and put your second string in.
So you are saying that this is a sim league, but it is normal to play a 1-5-5 defense with press coverage every play every down the whole game, and to go for it on 4th down with the score 0-0 in the first quarter on your own half of the field just as long as you don't run up the score and make sure you put your 2nd string in????
Old 11-02-2014, 12:59 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

I'm saying this is a sim league and most of the discussion has been about offense and blowouts do happen. We can talk about defensive play calling as well. No one should be running press coverage or blitz every down for an entire game. I'm not going to get into a man vs zone coverage, I do mix mine up based on what the offense is trying to do on me. I know there is a 3-3-5, but where is the 1-5-5?

I've been trying to rotate the user games around as much as the game lets me, if anyone knows a way knows a better way to have all teams to line up their conference games to open up more user games I'm listening. I changed it a few seasons ago and it helped, but maybe conference games for all needs to start around week 4/5(I know the game doesn't always listen). Is 3 user games too much/too little? or does everyone want a big out of conference CPU game?

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Old 11-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Ground's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliam
I'm saying this is a sim league and most of the discussion has been about offense and blowouts do happen. We can talk about defensive play calling as well. No one should be running press coverage or blitz every down for an entire game. I'm not going to get into a man vs zone coverage, I do mix mine up based on what the offense is trying to do on me. I know there is a 3-3-5, but where is the 1-5-5?

I've been trying to rotate the user games around as much as the game lets me, if anyone knows a way knows a better way to have all teams to line up their conference games to open up more user games I'm listening. I changed it a few seasons ago and it helped, but maybe conference games for all needs to start around week 4/5(I know the game doesn't always listen). Is 3 user games too much/too little? or does everyone want a big out of conference CPU game?
1-5-5 is a nickle formation in the 3-4 multiple playbook. I understand their are posts about offense, but wouldn't be beneficial to discuss simulation on both sides of the ball and not just offense? Also I have seen nothing about 4th down. I have zero problems on user scheduling and think that it is done fantastically. In a nut shell what I am saying is if this league is sim(which I am in 100% favor of) then we need to be SIM not sim but these certain things are allowed to happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Rags To Riches »