Old 11-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #9
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2024 Bowl week

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaosDTX
So I have a question for you all.

I'm in another online dynasty on this website and played my fist game and scored 86 points in the game. Keep in mind it was against the CPU and they weren't very good. Anyways, one of the other guys was looking at my stats and saw that I had 39 first downs and ran over 79 plays. He then proceeded to say that I play like cheese etc.

Anyways, I put up similar stats and run pretty much the same amount of plays over here as well. I just wanted your opinion on this matter and if you feel that my style of play(hurry up offense that runs a lot of plays and scores points fairly quickly) is cheesy.

Thanks.
I have no problem with it, as long as you don't run up the score in the 4th quarter, punt on 4th down in realistic situations and plug in your second stringers when the situation fits, as indicated in the rules. I'm fine with people scoring 50, 60, even 70 points, as I do myself. For 3 of the last 4 seasons, I have been in the top 5 in offensive scoring.

Though I did have a problem when you scored 100, as that's not realistic.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3

I know you can have a high number of plays if you and the CPU will both go no huddle like mad. The key is just when you get a lead to back off the no huddle some. I am assuming you are running no huddle. I'm not seeing you with a bunches of big plays. I have gotten 30 1st downs before, it was I couldn't get a big play.

Old Dominion, I think the Defensive linemen killed your season. You have turned that program around, it will have a better D next season.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Old 11-02-2014, 10:00 PM   #11
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

N.Texas takes down the NC. GG man. UTSA had the momentum early and was unable to capitalize on their 7-0 lead. I did some film work after the game and found two big holes in my game. Number one... was that all american 57 rated TE. He caught the first TD of the game... but he missed two HUGE blocks on 3rd down where my RB could have converted into first downs. Those killed drives took away my momentum.

Number two hole I found on my D was bad coverage from an OLB. The last two user games I have gotten killed on TE fade routes. Running the film back I can see the OLB went the wrong way every time and corrected after the ball was in the air... far too late.

UGhh... In any case.. N.tx played a solid game. Entertaining with some good strategy by both players at the end.

My favorite play was a user scak I had in the first half. MLB ran free and dove into N.Tx Qb flipping him backward violently. Wish is could have been a fumble. We did have rain... but no fumbles.

GG man. until next year !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 10:04 PM   #12
Rookie

Noted from both of your responses.

This is how I've always ran my offense. I take calculated risks meaning that I'm a move the chains offense who doesn't take many chances on big plays. My offense is still pretty hard to stop but even though I don't get many big plays I still am able to rack up a bunch of yards very quickly and run a bunch of plays very quickly.

I actually timed myself to see how fast I could get a play off agonist TCU and I was able to get a play off in 10-12 seconds. Whenever I got first downs as well I was able to snap the ball off before the game clock started again.

I actually didn't mean to put up 100 points against arizona, it just kind of happened because of the flow of the game. I will though watch my scores and how much I run no huddle when I have a big lead from now on. I'm new here so I kind of had to test the boundaries on how many points you can score lol.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 3

BCS Title game has been played and it was in the rain.

1st quarter
UTSA started the game off with ball with several 15 yard passes before punting. North Texas went 3 and out, giving UTSA pretty good field position. He ran the ball down my throat before hitting Richwalski for a 13 yard TD catch. NT gets finally gets a first down before punting.
UTSA 7 NT 0

2nd quarter
UTSA punts the ball. Fields gets his biggest run of the night for 21 yards before being forced to go out of bounds. Mirvil starts to get going passing, hitting Martin for a 24 yard TD. McDowell picks off a pass and returns it to the 10 yard line. Mirvil executes a great qb option keeper stretching the defense way wide on the right side to give NT a 14-7 lead. Then there was some punts, Mirvil threw a pick, half ends.
NT 14 UTSA 7

North Texas opens the second half with 74 yard throw to Steele, who if was a little faster could have scored, but Mirvil found Hargrove a few plays later. NT 21-7. UTSA goes 3 and out. Mirvil found Martin for several big catches to setup a Ray Allen 12 TD run. NT 28-7.
UTSA gets their running game going again and settles for a 36yd fg. NT 28-10. Mirvil throws a pick that he couldn't lob high enough over the lb, to find a wide tight end.
NT 28 UTSA 10

Horne completes a pass to setup 26 yard kick by Phillips UTSA 13 NT 28 with 6:44 left. Ray Allen returns the kickoff 39 yards, finds Martin, gets a few running plays. The drive stalls out and Griffin misses a 49 yard fg with 4:27 left. CB Chases picks off a pass on 3rd down with 3:52 to pretty much ends the game.

Final NT 28 UTSA 13.

GG UTSA
I didn't think I would hold UTSA to 13. I was glad I didn't get behind a lot early, Mirvil started out 1/5 or something like that, couldn't run most of the game, thought I was going to pull him for my backup 99 sr qb.

Mirvil 11/22 236 2/2
Fields 20 rushes 52 yards
Martin 5 catches 105 yards 1 TD
Steele 2 catches 84 yards

McDowell 7/21 97 1 2
Horne 2/4 13
Scott 16 rushes 60 yards

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Old 11-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #14
Rookie

Hey I was jus wondering though if anyone wants to play a random unranked game? If you do my PSN is KhaoS27_
Old 11-03-2014, 05:05 AM   #15
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliam

Old Dominion, I think the Defensive linemen killed your season. You have turned that program around, it will have a better D next season.
Yeah when we lost Scott for the Sun Belt title and it said probable (I think) I knew he'd be out for the rest of the season. We didn't have many problems before that. I thought we could replace Hardy OK, but Scott is the one guy I can't afford to lose.

Congrats on your NC win. I still thought your team last year was better, but a win's a win nonetheless.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #16
Rookie

Hey do you guys have home field advantage and freeze the kicker on or off? If it's off would I be allowed to leave and get re-invited so I could use all of my points for recruiting? I did 10 game management and 10 for recruiting.

If I can't it's not a big deal. I was just wondering if it was okay to do that.

Last edited by KhaosDTX; 11-04-2014 at 09:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Rags To Riches »