Home

Rocket League

This is a discussion on Rocket League within the Rocket League forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Rocket League
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #2273
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Rocket League

I am seriously playing with a bunch of *******s right now. Have lost like 5 games straight and gone down a division each time. One game my teammate decided to be a douche and help the other team from the beginning. You better believe when I win one that crap won't move up.

This game is so close to being put on the shelf for a long time. I'm tired of this baby bullcrap.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2017, 12:04 AM   #2274
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I am seriously playing with a bunch of *******s right now. Have lost like 5 games straight and gone down a division each time. One game my teammate decided to be a douche and help the other team from the beginning. You better believe when I win one that crap won't move up.

This game is so close to being put on the shelf for a long time. I'm tired of this baby bullcrap.

I don't know how you guys play this game with randoms at all. I'd have quit long ago if I tried.

2s or 3s depending on if both my buddy's are on. If not it's 1s and only 1s. I can't do the random idiot's.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2017, 02:05 AM   #2275
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

This game also desperately needs a new scoring system. You can be the best player on your team, and finish last. Nothing outside of the creases and scoring/assisting is rewarded, so frustrating at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 03:00 AM   #2276
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-fast
This game also desperately needs a new scoring system. You can be the best player on your team, and finish last. Nothing outside of the creases and scoring/assisting is rewarded, so frustrating at times.
I wish "saves" were re-worked a bit. If I make a block mid-field for a ball that was destined for the goal, it should still be a save. Maybe less credit my way, but either way it should still be one.

Also, there are saves on balls that are being set up for the actual shot that will be a near certain shot as well. Not counted for nothin', though!

Also, give me like 10 points for demolishing someone, please.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-08-2017, 07:32 AM   #2277
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I wish "saves" were re-worked a bit. If I make a block mid-field for a ball that was destined for the goal, it should still be a save. Maybe less credit my way, but either way it should still be one.

Also, there are saves on balls that are being set up for the actual shot that will be a near certain shot as well. Not counted for nothin', though!

Also, give me like 10 points for demolishing someone, please.
Way back when the game first released my buddy would be disappointed because he wasn't getting many points on the scoreboard. I had made the argument that they should come up with some sort of system that gives you points for just having touched the ball. Maybe more points in the offensive and defensive thirds of the field and less in the middle.

I don't know that I feel the same now. I definitely know what you guys are saying, though. Plenty of games where you have a really good game without scoring/making saves but it doesn't translate into a good score on the scoreboard, which sucks.

The only logic I've ever been able to come up with regarding demolitions not being worth points is they don't want clown's flying around the whole game trying to score points by blowing people up the entire game.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gerg04; 05-08-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:59 PM   #2278
Banned

I got promoted to Gold in Standard tonight. Does anyone know what tier that would have been last season? I'm thinking whatever was after Challenger. Rising Star?

Old 05-08-2017, 10:10 PM   #2279
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

Gold 3-Platinum 1 is about rising star right now in doubles and standard I'd say (unless I improved more than I perceive ). I'm plat 2 in those and haven't dropped and have been up to 3 a few times. I underachieved last season and was challenger elite across the board, but I feel like Im playing people close to my same skill level at this platinum 2 level. I placed in Silver 2 in Doubles, Gold 2 in Solo Standard, and Gold 3 in Standard. It didn't take too long for me to go from there to here, but there are very many high skill gold players who are stuck because its like russian roulette playing by yourself. Diamond level players I've played after going on winning streaks have all clearly been at the superstar to champion and higher skill level, hitting every single shot and doing ridiculous aerials. Solo Standard I'd say Platinum 1 is higher than Rising Star because that's where I am and every game is hard as F, unlike the other two playlists at even higher ranks. I like haven't gone up or down a tier since reaching plat1 25ish matches ago. Still see Grand Champs or Champ wheels nearly every game at these ranks.

I play 90+% of ranked solo, because my friends are terrible.

Last edited by CC; 05-08-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:47 AM   #2280
Banned

When the new season started I only got placement in Doubles and Standard. Didn't do the 10 games yet for Solo Duel and Solo Standard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Rocket League »