Home

Rocket League

This is a discussion on Rocket League within the Rocket League forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Rocket League
2018 Sports Game of the Year Award Winners
Best Feature of 2018 Roundtable
Best Indie Game of 2018 Roundtable

Old 11-15-2018, 06:07 PM   #2433
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Rocket League

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I really do wonder how so many of my random teammates reach the ranks they do.

Lol I was thinking that the other day.

Even opponents. Sometimes they're TERRIBLE to the point it doesn't even make sense how they're the level they are. Then some games I get demolished an wonder how they're not higher.

Sitting at Diamond 3 in dubs, I just can't freaking break through and it's killing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2018, 10:32 PM   #2434
Pro

Rocket32's Arena

OVR: 0

Just had one of the worst random teammates ever. This guy says something like ‘you gonna gonna ball chase all game’ in the chat to me early, and I’ll admit I was sort of doing that early in the game. About at the end of the match, we are up 2-1 this guy tries to forfeit then when neither of us does, he says ‘done’ and turns on us then helps them tie it up and then win in OT. He was spamming a lot in chat all game, mainly quick chat, but not for good reason. One goal was mine, I had like 2 saves, the other goal was my other teammate’s. Meanwhile the guy who did all this really contributed nothing and had under 50 score. Unbelievable.

I’m not someone that really gets angry with games, but I was livid after what he pulled and went full rage mode on him in the chat after the game which isn’t like me to do and I haven’t done that before. Losing because a teammate makes a mistake or just losing in general is one thing but losing because a teammate decides to do something like that is another. I’ve seen jerk players like that before but this one really got to me. I don’t really get what his problem was anyway, most players only get that way or start fighting when their team is losing, not winning.

Last edited by Rocket32; 12-12-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:15 PM   #2435
Rhys Lightning!!!

PhilliesFan13's Arena

OVR: 27

I seriously can't buy a win right now. I've gone from Plat 3 Division 4 all the way down to Plat 1 Division 4 in the last 2-3 days in Doubles. I have been getting nothing but terrible teammates that I can't even believe are Platinum. Such garbage. Just when I get so close to Diamond it's ripped away.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2018, 11:56 PM   #2436
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I seriously can't buy a win right now. I've gone from Plat 3 Division 4 all the way down to Plat 1 Division 4 in the last 2-3 days in Doubles. I have been getting nothing but terrible teammates that I can't even believe are Platinum. Such garbage. Just when I get so close to Diamond it's ripped away.

Diamond/Champ is so nice especially when you get an actual pro as a teammate... Torment legit carried me. I can only dream of being able to make reads like this

https://youtu.be/bPdVYaD1u-4
Old 01-23-2019, 09:17 PM   #2437
Rhys Lightning!!!

PhilliesFan13's Arena

OVR: 27

I swear to God some people that play this game make me want to freaking scream.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:38 AM   #2438
Pro

Rocket32's Arena

OVR: 0

Was playing 3v3 with randoms earlier and the opposing team were 3 players that were teamed up and trash talking. One teammate disconnected early and the other 1 just gave up and quit immediately after that. They of course ended up destroying me 3v1 over the several minutes that were left. They also used the very annoying strategy of coming after you constantly trying to demolish you over and over.

I immediately hopped into another match and what do ya know, got matched vs the 3 of them again. For some reason early in the match they bragged about crushing me even though they had a 3v1 advantage...? Yep, big accomplishment, really something to brag about. Actually had teammates the whole time and quality help that match and we beat them in a brief OT period where I scored the winning goal. Wanted that win so bad.

I wasn’t 1st on the team but was in 2nd and only slightly behind our top player in score. Easily one of the most satisfying and best feeling wins ever for me in Rocket League.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:46 PM   #2439
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

I've started playing some 3s with randoms in hopes to rotate quicker and just become faster in general. I've pretty much been a solo and doubles player, playing 3s the least by far and very sparingly.

I've been feeling like I've hit a wall. I can finally wall- to-air dribble, thanks to training, but haven't transferred it to goals in game just yet. It's a HUGE part of what's holding me back, but I'm mostly just too slow/patient, in general. I've always been a patient player, and furthest thing from a chaser... But now it's to the point where I am just not fast enough to compete with the better player's.

I've hovered around champ 1 in doubles and have hit it a handful of times, only to drop to Diamond 3 over and over. I honestly am having a hard time figuring out how/where to get quicker! It's funny because when I play with my buddy, who is plat (prob gold 3 at best on his own), I can SEE where he's too slow and try to point it out. Then when I get to champ level or play with other friends who are better, they're pointing the same things out to me and I just can't grasp how I'm being slow! Lol. This game, love it so much, but the skill levels are so wide it's crazy.

Anyway, back to 3s with randoms, it's so hard to rank up and get away from the chasers when you're constantly matched with them....so that's my rant. 2k hours over 3 years, still love this game. It's just about time I start actually getting better

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Rocket League »