Home

ACQB M10 Franchise Game Discussion/Ish-Talking Thread

This is a discussion on ACQB M10 Franchise Game Discussion/Ish-Talking Thread within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
ACQB M10 Franchise Game Discussion/Ish-Talking Thread

Please post notices of pre-season and post-game blogs here. The OF site is unreliable at present, but once it stabilizes, I would like to have franchise blogs posted there as regularly as time allows.

Please use this thread as well for all related season talk. This may include discussions of team fortunes, season stats and standings, punk *** owners you want to threaten with a loss, etc.

Last edited by RogueHominid; 12-14-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: ACQB M10 Franchise Game Discussion/Ish-Talking Thread

Beat the CPU Niners 17-14. they played better than I thought they would.

Warner: 17-24 or so with 215, 2 tds, 2 picks.

Fitz: 5 grabs 60 yards
Boldin: 5 grabs 65 yards
Wells: 14 for like 60 yards.

Dockett, DE: 2 sacks.

Crabtree had like 65 yards on me and Gore had like 45 yards rushing, they really didn't have much time to establish a run game on me.

Next up, PAPPY and the Colts. Oh boy.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't blog, as I run my company I'm too busy taking free lunches and beers to have that type of dedication.....okay I'm lazy.

I'll do a brief rundown here.

New Browns owner Biff Chan has laid out the following guidelines for 2009 to Coach Mangini. We at the plain dealer were able to bribe Mangini to show us these with a cheese sandwich and a film of starting tackle at Harvard.

1) We'd like to win 4 games this year. We would like to field a competitive team.

2) A split with the Bengals at minimum. If you can't get me one here, you better see if the Belechek tree extends down to High School football.

3) 1 out of 4 from the Ravens or Steelers. This one is pie in the sky, but I'm putting it out there.

4) This is a make or break season for the QB position. Make a choice and stand by him. If it doesn't pan out we're going to either trade for or acquire a real starter for '10.

5) Start scouting replacement for Jamal Lewis. I want a big back via draft or Free agency in '10. I love Lewis but that tank has to be getting low. 235 or above, we play big boy ball in this city.

6) Shaun Rogers ain't going anywhere. Learn to love him.

7) Edwards is replaceable.

8) Focus on forcing teams to be you through the air. I just spent a ****ton of money to get Chris Mcalister of waivers. Don't thank me, use it.

9) We must use the draft to build our brand of football. If a team offers picks for any player, consult me before you respond.

10) Have fun, 4 wins isn't unachievable. I have faith in you to shine my product up or I would not have asked that putz lerner to sign you before I bought him out.

-

Biff Chan
Old 08-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Bob Sanders popped the **** out of Jones-Drew and made him fumble in the second quarter. Unfortunately, we didn't get the ball AND Bob got a broken collarbone. He's out for 7 weeks. After this happened my team was mentally ****ed up and got burned for a deep TD. Peyton huddled the troops together and told them that we had to win it for Bob and that's just what we did.

Overall we played a very solid game. My only real mistake was trying to test Mathis (the killer) and throwing an interception. My defense more than made up for it though by getting 4 picks of their own. One which was housed by Hayden. We only got one sack on the day. Danny's line did a good job of keeping his QB's clean for the most part.

Final Score:
Colts 35
Jaguars 10

Old 08-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 55

I saw that Sanders injury. It'll be interesting who can persevere through injuries and stay healthy. Will you bench your starters with a big lead?

I also noticed so far that the rushing numbers are fairly low and the passing yard stats are fairly high. There's also a healthy amount of forced fumbles. I remember scouring APF's stats searching for 1 or 2 FF's in a SEASON!

I put a good hour of practice with the Steeler playbook today and YOW there are some NASTY plays in that book! I'm very excited to start putting a hurtin' on you punks

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Just played against Paniro777

I was worried about his rb's (he had like 160 rushing yds for the game) & he hit Steve Smith for a 50 yd td for the first score.

I got to the redzone 3 times, but only came away with fgs.

Anyway, he was up 21-9 @ halftime.

I scored a td on my first drive of the 3rd & kept it close going into the 4th.

Long story short, I picked Jake off 5 times & won in OT 30-24

The winning td:

">

EA Sports: Madden NFL 10 Video Highlight

Philadelphia Eagles
Old 08-20-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

It's awesome that injuries and roster depth are already coming into play.

One of the things Madden does really well this year is how it handles injuries.

It's like my friend Biff said, when you make a hit in this game that feels like it should have been an injury, a lot of times the game pops up a few seconds later and shows that it was in fact an injury.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Just won a nail biter 35-32 vs Bills (CPU) Lynch is a beast for the Bills just kept breaking tackles he had a run of 70yd for a TD he totaled 124yds Owens only got 2 passes though. Of course Tom Terrific had a good gm 17-25 for 236 yds. (Its funny how I hate Brady in real life but love him in the gm ) I need to decide on a RB and stay with him Taylor had 40 yds on 16 carries 2 TD's and Maroney had 20 yds on 9 carries. Moss had 5 recs. for 89 yds. Welker 5 rec. for 55yd. I love Watson TE in the middle of the field 4 rec for 63 yds. I need to tighten up my Defense scoring points shouldnt be a problem but the Bills should not score 32 pts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »