Home

ACQB Season 2 Pro Bowl/Awards Race

This is a discussion on ACQB Season 2 Pro Bowl/Awards Race within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #33
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: ACQB Season 2 Pro Bowl/Awards Race

Slaton, Slaton, Slaton !!!!!and Bump!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #34
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

calvin johnson will lead the nfc in catches by the end of the year, and before bayern gives gamble all the credit for shutting down C.J. he should give that credit to his dline C.J was open just didnt have time to get him the ball
Old 01-02-2010, 09:31 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 55

Yeah Freeman along with CJ is a nice nucleus of athletes to work with.

I wonder what the league leaders will look like this year, especially on the defensive side. It looks more and more like we'll see less sacks, in my opinion.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #36
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Yeah Freeman along with CJ is a nice nucleus of athletes to work with.

I wonder what the league leaders will look like this year, especially on the defensive side. It looks more and more like we'll see less sacks, in my opinion.
Definitely. It is very easy to get the ball away in this game. That's not to say that pressure can't break a play up. But to get a sack, you need to catch a user not paying attention, rather than just getting your hands on the QB. Case in point is my Dline, and specifically my DE Brown. As Twosilk said, my dline does a good job of getting to the QB on a lot of plays, but Brown gets almost no sacks (i think he has 1) because the ball gets thrown away. I wish there was a stat for DE caused INT's though, because that would be high. Gamble's INT, and at least one of the INT's against the Browns were caused by Brown hitting people as they threw.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
Definitely. It is very easy to get the ball away in this game. That's not to say that pressure can't break a play up. But to get a sack, you need to catch a user not paying attention, rather than just getting your hands on the QB. Case in point is my Dline, and specifically my DE Brown. As Twosilk said, my dline does a good job of getting to the QB on a lot of plays, but Brown gets almost no sacks (i think he has 1) because the ball gets thrown away. I wish there was a stat for DE caused INT's though, because that would be high. Gamble's INT, and at least one of the INT's against the Browns were caused by Brown hitting people as they threw.
This is an area I hope they tune a bit for next year. I really like that getting hit forces lower trajectories post patch 2, and therefore more incomplete passes, but I'd really love to see more fumbles when players try to throw it away at the last millisecond while getting drilled.

I would say that Porter would easily have had 15 sacks last season if the animation were even a smidge less friendly to QBs.

That said, there's still a serious disincentive to throw under extreme duress because it leads to hanging passes and picks. MIA had a ton of those last year. Gamble is also the perfect CB to benefit--he's rangy and has excellent ball skills.

Your DE Brown is going to have a great year, and will only get better in years to come. I remember him absolutely owning my LT and playing with great speed. I think he could get to double digits; I just don't want to help him reach that goal this week .
Old 01-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 55

You guys have no idea how many times I've thrown INT's to nearby pass rushers because I try to throw the ball while being hit. It's almost worse than taking a sack for me. That's how the majority of my turnovers occur.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 34

What Id love to see is for throws to be effected by the chaos in the pocket.

you see this perfectly in APF. The Pass Rush Bonus attribute, causes the QB to lose composure as the pass rusher gets closer to him.

Sometimes the sack is gravy..Pressure needs to effect the stability of the Qb, more so then just having the user throw the ball in that "hit as you throw animation" up for grabs.

there needs to be more variable outcomes.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
This is an area I hope they tune a bit for next year. I really like that getting hit forces lower trajectories post patch 2, and therefore more incomplete passes, but I'd really love to see more fumbles when players try to throw it away at the last millisecond while getting drilled.
This stuff drives me crazy.

Typical EA in that they put in a feature that was needed (being able to throw while being hit) but end up overdoing it to the point that it becomes a detriment to the game.

My sack total would be probably be triple what it is if it wasn't so easy to chuck the ball into the turf at the last second with no penalty or chance of a fumble.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »