Home

ACQB: Offseason Checklist

This is a discussion on ACQB: Offseason Checklist within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
ACQB: Offseason Checklist

I've created a sheet on Google Docs called "Offseason Checklist" that has all of these things listed. Once your team has taken care of them, just put an X under each category.

Offseason Checklist

1. Add any Traded Draft Picks to the google sheet. If you don't have any, this step is already complete.

2. Add any Early Terminations to the google sheet. You must do this before the draft if you want the reduced cost to go into affect next season. If you don't have any players that fall under this category, this step is already complete.

3. Re-signings and Cuts: Go to the tab labeled 2010 RFA Request and find your team. If you want to re-sign a player you simply add their name to the list and type in the words 'short' or 'long'. A short contract is 1-3 years and a long contract is 4-6. The results will be posted up by TM after he puts it through random.org.

If you choose to let any players walk, you need to go to the tab labeled 2010 Free Agent Bidding and place their name under the proper position.

*If you run out of space all you need to do is click 'Insert' and either add a row above or below your current location on the sheet*

4.Team Spreadsheet: Right now there are only a couple of things that you can adjust on your sheet.

Contract Length: Decrease the contract length of every player by one year. All players heading into free agency should have a 0 in this column.

STOP HERE. Don't do anything else right now other than what's listed above. No overall values should be affected at this point.

Remaining items of business:
(Don't worry about this right now)

1. Players that you chose to re-sign will need to have their entries adjusted according to any new changes. If you have a problem with your formula, and you don't know how to fix it, please let us know.

2. We will have our free agent bidding war. The cap is 7500 this season, so keep that in mind.

3. The NFL draft will take place. Kasey and Bayern will give us more details as we near that date.

4. Next Season Begins.

If any of this is difficult to understand just let me know. If you feel it's too early for this to be up I'll take it down. Just trying to make things a bit easier to organize.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 02-24-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: ACQB: Offseason Checklist

Can we add. Players that are under contract that we want to give a short or long term extension....Especially players that had a good year. short being 1-2 years and long being 3-4 years. We would just add that to the contract length and just increase the cost by 15% for short and 10% for long. Use Random.org for players deciding to resign or not. In this case the player wants to stay and they are being paid a premium.

Any Ideas?...That is what Manning&Brees are doing right now.

Edit: There could also be exceptions for players over a certain age so the cost doesnt go up.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

So we're doing extensions now?
Old 02-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
So we're doing extensions now?
No. Andro just brought the idea up for the first time right there. I'm apprehensive about that. I think we have enough in place to have a functioning virtual football economy. I thought the franchise tag was pushing it, and this would be in that same realm. This one could be even harder to track.

You have to take into account the balancing of salary caps and overall data management and identification when considering adding to a system like this (in my opinion).

We'll see what others say, but I'm pretty apprehensive about even more additions.

Pappy, what do you think?

EDIT: I could see contract extensions being a little too good of a choice for GM's. You could in theory sign a long term contract and pay only a little bit more to have a controlled extension of 1 or 2 years. That would give owners more certainty, and maybe something we don't want? I'd suggest a large rejection rate of the contract extension if something like that was in place... like 1/3.

Then again... I like uncertainty in contract negotiations

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 02-10-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

I'm apprehensive too. We've got enough going on as it is. I think we need to try to get everybody up to speed on the things we have in place right now. We can talk about more additions next season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I'm apprehensive too. We've got enough going on as it is. I think we need to try to get everybody up to speed on the things we have in place right now. We can talk about more additions next season.
Yeah. Keep in mind that we have probably 15-20 owners that are NOT that frequent on the boards nor are they hands on with league policies. Those guys have enough to chew on in terms of new offseason features. We have a good amount of owners doing their first offseason too. I want them to enjoy it... not suffer through confusion as if it were a job.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 02-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

I'm just throwin it out there. We wouldnt need any of this stuff If EA programmed it in.

we Might as well add it. We've added everything else. lol

Last edited by ANDROMADA 1; 02-10-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #8
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

Yeah, it's not a bad idea at all. It's just more to worry about when trying to get 32 people on the same page. If nothing else, guys can start adjusting their age and contract length right now. That will at least get us moving a little bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »