Home

ACQB Draft Details and Logistics

This is a discussion on ACQB Draft Details and Logistics within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #41
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: ACQB Draft Details and Logistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
I actually have answers for all your questions but by no means am I saying scrap what your doing but here are my answers.

Yes I also had traded picks last year and I ran those without a hitch. In fact I was ahead of both you and the chiefs in making contact with you guys during the draft to make sure you guys got who you wanted

The only important people that have to be at the draft are the traded draft pick owners. Those are the guys that HAVE to be there.

As of right no on the traded draft picks sheet, there are 20 teams that have to be there. 11 AFC and 9 NFC. Those 20 are the only people who we would have to cater the time to so they can make it. The other 12 can either make it or not.

This is where the draft commish needs to be ready to pause the draft so after every pick the player can be entered into the sheet for each team. Last year it was rushed through not allowing time to get things correctly. This way after every pick is recorded we can then un-pause the draft and move on. This should give ample time to not mess it up.

With every pick made, there needs to be a pause so a person can record who was picked and by what team and in what round. When he is done the draft can proceed.

I would only suggest us doing the first or 1st and 2nd round picks. That way if an AI draft board picks a player out of place we can easily spot it pause the draft and make adjustments for those 1st and 2nd round picks.

I think the speed of the draft and people not filling out their board with all the possible top players was the cause of that. Also most guys wanted to get themselves players to fill out their roster than just drafting the best possible player on the board.

Catcatch, thanks for this. I think you did answer a lot of those, and you addressed it in a very thoughtful manner. The only remaining concern I would have about doing a system this way would be what would happen if there was a mistake, or not everyone could show? It's a really messy situation when a traded pick gets messed up, where you can't help one person without neutering another. Having 20/20 of the people who traded away draft picks attend the draft still seems like a lofty goal. Unfortunately, it would be essential under this model. Also, I think the bad draft board logic wouldn't be fixable in the moment as Troj has not tools to undo picks.

Last edited by teambayern; 02-16-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #42
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I don't like Prince... but I like Dave Chapelle acting like Prince!

"Game...blouses"
LOL it is the first thing I think of anytime I hear Prince now. I must go purify myself in the waters of lake Minatanka.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 04-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #43
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

all rookies contracts have been done except:

Chargers fs Derrick oliver
Bears cb Keevin cole
Packers qb James murphy
Browns de Matt riley
Jaguars ss Martavius carlson
Broncos te Allan brown
Broncos mlb Ty bouie

need short/long request on these

Last edited by TWOSILK; 04-10-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #44
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

add titans cb Dennis henderson to this list
Old 04-10-2010, 12:35 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Short for Brown, please.

And thanks for the great work! It's a huge help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #46
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Short for Brown, please.

And thanks for the great work! It's a huge help.
1 and no problem trojan, it is the least that I can do
Old 04-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #47
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

ok guys, this list has been up for almost 3 weeks and only one person has responded, any rookie not given a contract will be released after week 16 is completed. this takes all of 45 seconds to complete, so anyone not in compliance with this, will lose their players, no exceptions at all. so guys just take the 45 seconds to indicate long or short, and this is a done deal.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #48
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
ok guys, this list has been up for almost 3 weeks and only one person has responded, any rookie not given a contract will be released after week 16 is completed. this takes all of 45 seconds to complete, so anyone not in compliance with this, will lose their players, no exceptions at all. so guys just take the 45 seconds to indicate long or short, and this is a done deal.
Ok bear with me..... As far as I can tell all my rookies have a contract. I took over the Jets after week 1 and everyone on my cap sheet has a contract(TM helped me with this). Am I good to go or am I missing something?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »