Home

Old 02-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #33
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Draft Logistics

CK, i hear what you're saying and I appreciate your wanting to keep the league running smoothly. I'm still concerned though about the feasibility and cost/benefit of making this happen on Sunday.

For one, we have to input the hundreds of the rookies into the sheet, which depending on the vote, we might not get until Sunday at 5PM. We also have to construct a sheet of draft picks during this time as well. I also think at least a day of scouting and trade time is best too. The draft might only take 2 days IRL, but they have a team of professional scouts that work full-time for 364 days to get ready for that event. Plus, they're all in the same room at the same time. We don't have either of these advantages. And time to trade up or down is also pretty authentic.

I sincerely doubt that we'll be blazing through these pre-draft picks anyways, so i don't think there will be a significant difference between starting Monday/Tuesday vs. Sunday. I fully expect that one of the many working-folks among us will hold that system up considerably at one point or another, and that's just an unfortunate reality.

I have to be honest that I didn't anticipate that we'd want to get back to Week 1 so quickly. I've already said my piece about that in other threads, so I won't go into it here. Knowing that for next year, we should just make sure that the FA happens before the weekend, so that Sunday is free for the draft. If people could do a Wed or Thursday night, we could knock it out then, but Sunday is the unanimous choice from our owners, so we'll have to plan better for 2012.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 55

Bayern I didn't realize the data entry part, so I completely understand we need time to do that. I just wanted to get the ball rolling at a time where most people would be around. Our league is more active in everything than everyone, so maybe the draft will fly by beyond my expectations.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 02-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #35
Pro

WildcatFan09's Arena

OVR: 11

So, there is going to be a one-week delay between FA and the draft. Is this correct?

If so, we need to do some type of recreational tournament or something, just for fun. We can play with our teams, but with the real life rosters, and see how it goes. For me, it wouldn't be so great, but it would be fun, nonetheless. Of course, not everyone has to participate.

This is just an idea to counter the lay-off (if there is one).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #36
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatFan09
So, there is going to be a one-week delay between FA and the draft. Is this correct?

If so, we need to do some type of recreational tournament or something, just for fun. We can play with our teams, but with the real life rosters, and see how it goes. For me, it wouldn't be so great, but it would be fun, nonetheless. Of course, not everyone has to participate.

It's my understanding we'll be able to draft all throughout next week, but the draft will be finished sunday (march 7) no matter what.

My Video Game Streams
Old 02-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatFan09

I like this.

How does this sound:

A voluntary tourney for anyone interested. We use a random number generator to draw teams (1-32... go alphabetically). No team can be drawn twice, so if the number generates the same number, we'll just re-do that roll.

From there we just play a tournament for the fun of it.... 7 minutes accelerated clock. Short and sweet.

Any interest?

Old 02-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #38
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I like this.

How does this sound:

A voluntary tourney for anyone interested. We use a random number generator to draw teams (1-32... go alphabetically). No team can be drawn twice, so if the number generates the same number, we'll just re-do that roll.

From there we just play a tournament for the fun of it.... 7 minutes accelerated clock. Short and sweet.

Any interest?
+1
Old 02-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #39
MVP

I posted another thread. Please post interest there from hereon out so we can keep this thread on topic for draft stuff.

I'm pumped for the draft too lol!

Old 02-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #40
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Why don't we just do the draft like we did last season? Everyone should know how it goes now.

Its real nice, but seems like a ton of work to get all those rooks into the sheet.

Im cool with whatever, but am totally down to just do a live draft Sunday night and get the season rolling next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »