Home

Pappy's Picks: ACQB 2011 Season, Week 2

This is a discussion on Pappy's Picks: ACQB 2011 Season, Week 2 within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Pappy's Picks: ACQB 2011 Season, Week 2

Bills @ Raiders

It's hard to have very much confidence in the Buffalo Bills. They've been through three different coaches in the past two seasons, and they're coming off a 2010 campaign that was less than memorable. Cyros still hasn't played his week 1 game yet, but he will likely be 0-1 by the end of the day.

The Oakland Raiders lost a close one to the Bears last night. Mattray's record hasn't shown it, but I feel that he's a fairly decent player. He should be able to take care of the Bills and climb back to .500.

Buffalo Bills 21
Oakland Raiders 27

Saints @ Bears

The Saints were a team that could've won a lot more games last season. Their biggest issue was that their defense gave up just as many points as their offense scored. I don't know how much of an improvement Djdigg has made in the offseason, but defeating the Carolina Panthers was exactly the type of start that he needed.

The Chicago Bears didn't do very much in the draft, but Marques Colston and Rashean Mathis were two key free agent signings. Considering that the Bears made the playoffs last season, I have no reason to believe that they can't do it again.

When these two last met, Djdigg turned over the ball 10 times in a very ugly game. I don't think that he will play quite that poorly again, but I also don't see him avenging the loss. The Bears improve to 2-0.

New Orleans Saints 24
Chicago Bears 27

Titans @ Jaguars

The AFC South didn't have much to hang their hats on last year, but at least Danny kept them looking somewhat respectable. Now that he's been replaced by the Diva, the division has hit it's lowest point in ACQB history. TM managed to sneak away with a win against Catcatch in week 1, but I'm still trying to figure out the logic behind shipping out Kerney, Mathis, and MJD.

The Tennessee Titans also enter this game with a 1-0 record after defeating the Houston Texans. Eh. When those two get together it's like watching two men with no arms fighting each other. It can be very entertaining, but there's really no winner at the end of the day. Despite the Jaguars being a team of poor quality, they are better than Tennessee.

Tennessee Titans 14
Jacksonville Jaguars 28

Redskins @ Cowboys

After getting a chance to see the new and improved Washington Redskins firsthand, I feel kind of bad for the NFC East. WellWell doesn't have a chance of winning this game. He hasn't beaten Basilisk yet, and that's not going to change this season.

Washington Redskins 35
Dallas Cowboys 21

Packers @ Falcons

Mason was one of the biggest surprises in ACQB last season. Unfortunately, his dream of making the playoffs fell apart when his team fell to pieces down the stretch. With the NFC North looking as tough as ever, I think Green Bay's best days might be long behind them.

The way that the Atlanta Falcons got beat in week 1 was damn near disrespectful. I don't know what to expect from Bad Vibes after taking a loss like that, but he'll clearly have to play much better.

I don't see very much defense being played in this game, so there should be touchdowns-o-plenty. Sadly, if you're a Green Bay fan, you won't be very happy when this one is over.

Green Bay Packers 34
Atlanta Falcons 42

Vikings @ Panthers

ColdWarMachine only played for part of last season, so he still remains a bit of a mystery to ACQB. Bringing in Larry Fitzgerald and Stephen Jackson were two of the more interesting moves this postseason. I expect him to surprise a lot of teams in 2011.

The league rejoiced when TeamReptilian took an L to the New Orleans Saints. Carolina didn't lose too many games last season, so hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

I'd like to go with Minnesota here, but I still need to see more from ColdWar before I start riding with those Vikings. Slytherin House wins.

Minnesota Vikings 28
Carolina Panthers 32

Rams @ Eagles

Jooler read Bayern's book in the offseason and found away to pick up 25 first round draft picks. With that type of GM maneuvering, I was a little surprised to see him get beat up by the Arizona Cardinals like he did. Are the Rams on the downslide?

DCMC is my early candidate for comeback player of the year. Although he didn't have a great 2010 season, he's always a dangerous opponent. If he plays to his potential, he's a player that can easily win 10+ games.

I can see this one going either way, but my gut is telling me that DCMC is gonna get it done. If I'm wrong, it was probably just gas.

St. Louis Rams 23
Philadelphia Eagles 29

Cardinals @ Giants

With the acquisition of Courtland Finnegan, there is no question that Arizona has the best secondary in the league. Considering that they were on the cusp of the playoffs last season, this might be exactly what they needed to get there this time around.

The New York Giants -- man, I don't know what to say about these guys. When I saw Joe pick up DT's with his first two draft picks, I had visions of another horrible season for them. There's no way that the Cardinals lose this game. NoFNWay.

Arizona Cardinals 45
New York Giants 6

Seahawks @ 49ers

The Seattle Seahawks are the defending NFC West Champions, but last week they sure didn't look like it. The fireworks and cheers at the beginning of the game turned to the clapping of gunshots in the parking lot when it was over. The Cincinatti Pappies ran up in that ***. The gunshot victim was treated for minor injuries and sent home later that night.

The 49ers had one of the worst seasons in ACQB to date in 2010, but right now Boxboy is sitting at 1-0 and headed in the right direction. However, let's not forget that he beat an equally pathetic Cleveland Browns team by the skin of his teeth. Boxboy has to earn some real battle scars before we praise his improvement too much. He took a paw to the chest from Simba, we'll see how he does when he battles a Mufasa.

This is actually one of the more interesting matchups this week. The 49ers have nothing to lose and everything to gain, while the Seahawks must win to keep some self respect. Let's be real though, the 49ers aren't gonna win.

Seattle Seahawks 29
San Francisco 49ers 20

Steelers @ Bengals

The Pittsburgh Steelers have been a thorn in the *** of the Cincinatti Bengals throughout my time in ACQB. As much as I hate the team, I respect Creatine's game. After two seasons of running around with the likes of Brandon Jones and Andre Caldwell as starting WR's, we had to make some changes. Roy Williams, "Julio" Iglesias, Kurt Warner, and the recently acquired MJD give us options that we've never had before. It's time for the Bengals to produce.

I don't know what Creatine has done this offseason and I don't care. We know his team is going to be good. If we win this game we're in first place in the AFC North, and if we don't it's back to the drawing board. We've got the talent, we've got homefield advantage, now we just need to win. Game of the ****ing week, bitch.

Let me ask you a question. Did you come here to see the Pittsburgh Steelers? (Crowd Boos) Or did you come here to the Cincinatti Bengals? (Crowd Cheers)

Another town for the bad guys.

Pittsburgh Steelers 21
Cincinatti Bengals 28

Buccaneers @ Texans

Yo, Kia, what's up?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16
Houston Texans 31

Jets @ Ravens

Unfortunately, Phobia is no longer in the league, so LB gets to beat up on a replacement owner. Baltimore just catches all the breaks. What a trash bucket team.

New York Jets 10
Baltimore Ravens 27

Browns @ Colts

I really thought that Cleveland was going to win last week, but not even the great Adrian Peterson seems to be enough. The Indianapolis Colts don't really score a lot of points, so Sparkdog has another great opportunity this week.

On the flip side, Catcatch doesn't really lose games by many points either. He's always in it until the 4th quarter. From what I've seen from these two, I expect it to be a battle. I don't really believe that the Browns are going to win, but I'm gonna ride with them anyway. I mean, he's gotta win sometime. Right?

Cleveland Browns 23
Indianapolis Colts 20

Broncos @ Lions

It's going to be difficult for the Denver Broncos to duplicate the type of success that they had last season. The league has improved as a whole, and Wildcat will have a target on his back every time he takes the field. Oh yeah, there's also that Kansas City team who would love to take the AFC West title.

It's been a little over 7 years since the last time Weeman lost, and he doesn't appear to be slowing down. However, he has a beast of a schedule, so going undefeated again will be no easy feat. If anyone knows about having a target on their backs, it's the Detroit Lions. I doubt that they're losing too much sleep over this one. Wee wins again.

Denver Broncos 25
Detroit Lions 40

Chiefs @ Dolphins

VA and Don Bellagachi know each other well, so the winner of this one will claim some nice bragging rights. I predicted both of these teams to finish on top of their division, so a victory here could inch them a little closer to that goal. Although I feel both are quality opponents, only one of them can come out on top. I get the feeling that Miami is gonna put a lot of teams sleep this season...starting with KC.

Kansas City Chiefs 30
Miami Dolphins 34

Patriots @ Chargers

Both of these teams took tough L's in week 1, but the HOinFL made the best impression. WellWell is a tough opponent and he managed to hold him to only 10 points. It looks like defense is still alive in New England despite Grunt's departure. The Chargers are a work in progress this season, don't expect too much out of them.

New England Patriots 20
San Diego Chargers 14

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 03-10-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Pappy's Picks: ACQB 2011 Season, Week 2

I can't take your picks seriously with all those failed images.

But nice writeup...
Old 03-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

Are the images not coming up for anyone else? If so, I'll take them out.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 22

Maybe it's just me...so I fail?

And I LOL'd at the last sentence in the Eagles/Rams preview.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

When I tried it in Internet Explorer I saw all the failed images. What a trash browser. I just replaced it with words.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 03-10-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

At this point, I just wanna get a League game in

I'm fiending

Philadelphia Eagles
Old 03-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #7
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I can see the images and the Scott Hall/Razor Ramon image is priceless! 1st Class again Pappy.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 03-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm surprised my game didn't make the NY Kia Game of the Week .

Kerney, Mathis, and MJD were all 450+ points. Way too much. Kerney's replacement notched 2 sacks last week. MJD was a guy I should have kept though. Mathis, ho hum. He's a good player but too old to pay that kind of money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »