Home

The Don's Picks: Week 8

This is a discussion on The Don's Picks: Week 8 within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 14
The Don's Picks: Week 8

Greetings my little Bambinos and welcome back. Ahh, you have missed the Don have you..? Well the Don has missed his Bambinos as well. Well, enough with the mushy stuff, lets get down to business here shall we?

VS.
Ok....this one right here is not going to be the blow out people think it may be. I think LBz is still going to come out the better team, but they have been trying some new things on offense so we have to see if they have all the kinks worked out, or will they go with what they know that led them to the Superbowl last season. Boxboy and those Niners have a shot here. However, unless he plays to his fullest potential, the Ravens walk out of San Fran with a "W".

Winner:

VS

Yes.....yes.....I can smell your hatred and it stinks. It smells like beef and cheese. Yes, I said it, I am going with the Iggles to upset the Saints on their home turf. No, its not that I dont think DJDigg has the talent to win this, but after losing Drew Brees to make those great throws, and the Iggles coming off of a close loss to the Dolphins and then a great win over the 6-0 Cardinals...we think the "Boys from South Street" will have enough to win this. It is not talent the Eagles lack, it is confidence...and with the win against the Cards....he should have plenty of that going into week 8.

Winner:

VS

*smh* This here should be short and sweet. If the Bills come in to town respecting their opponent, then they will leave with a W in convincing fashion. Now....if they come in here trying to disrespect the Browns and take them lightly, they Bills will find themselves at 6-2 and asking themselves "WTF happened??" Sparkii thats who! I think Sparkii plays with a lot of heart, but he wont have the pieces to beat the Bills. So, Bills get er done and dont come out looking like

Winner:

VS.

The G-Men will have to go down to Miami and flex some of that NY muscle that my great city is known for. However, the Dolphins are on a baby winning streak and seem to have the team moving in the right direction. Record means nothing, and any team can win on any given night. With that being said, I think Miami will come in with a serious attitude, not take the G-Men lightly, and get the win at home in front of all of the Miami fans and refugees.

Winner:

VS.
Well....seems as if Twosilk has a plan for those Bucs that the league has not figured out. That would be all fine and dandy, IF Twosilk were getting results. So far Stewart has put up less than stellar numbers. I say its time to think strategy for the future because it seems like those Pirates ship is sunk! I gotta go with the Dirty Birds to take care of Business in the Georgia Dome.

Winner:

VS

*puts fork down and wipes mouth* Man thats some good lasagna. But back to business. We are desperately waiting for those Bengals to get a hard game to test that powerful defense that it seems he has. Well....guess we will all still have to wait my little bambinos cause he won't be getting that tough team this week. In this battle of the big cats, only one will come out on top...and it wont be the Jags.

Winner:

VS.

Green Bay....Cheese Heads....Lambeau Field.....History....Tradition....blah blah blah...all of that wont mean a flying fat rat's a** fart when the Panthers come to town. Now with Bayern's team running off what seems like Enzyte for men (now with 20% more testosterone)....seems like the Black Cats from Carolina are gonna come in here and wreck the buffet. So....I think Bayern and his team will leave Wisconsin with a look kinda like....well.....this.....

Winner:

VS.

The Cardinals are coming off a tough loss to the Eagles. The Cowboys are coming off a tough loss to the Dolphins. So...what does that mean, that means that one of these two teams will redeem themselves. I must admit, this is one the harder games to pic. If the cowboys dont establish some sort of running game, I think Doc's cards has an extraordinary secondary to pick of passes and disturb the passing game. Marion Barber we held to under 20 yards when the cowboys played the Dolphins. If he has another day like that...it's gonna be a wrap for the cowboys. So though, I think the Cowboys will fight hard, and fight well...I think the Cards make just ONE more big play than the Boys to win.

Winner:

VS.

Let's face it, the Vikings will have to play like a team possessed for the rest of the season to even SNIFF the playoffs. I think they have the talent, and after their loss to the Raiders, I would say this would be their redemption game.....IF.....it wasn't against Weeman and the Lions. Weeman finds a way to win the ones even when it looks like he wont. You have to respect that and it seems as if the Vikings have not been able to hold him down. Hey...anything is possible but I have to go with the Lions here? Why? Cause I am convinced that Weeman is really....

Winner:

VS.

Ohhhhhhh this one right here will be for some good bragging rights in the division. I believe at one point, the Seahawks said they would win their division this year....and I believe the Rams took that to heart. I think there is only one other team the Rams want to see more than the Seahawks (ummm..that would be the Cardinals), but I think with Jooler's revamped defense and with the Road Warriors on offense, the Rams will be tough to beat and I am going with them.

Winner:

VS.
Chicago has seemingly became a one dimensional team. Hey, what can I say, I only go off what I hear. I hear if there is no Forte to the outside, then the Bears are lost on what to do on offense. Now, that the Chargers have a new owner with the Shiz, it looks like he has not taken that winning Mojo over to the West coast that he has with the Titans. I dont think shiz has had long enough to gel with his new squad and I believe that Paniro will figure out some other options besides Mr. Forte.

Winner:

AND NOW...THE PEPE LE PEW GAME OF THE WEEK!

VS.

God who cares? Colts....Texans.....ugghhh....To save some brain cells here....I am going with the Colts. Sheesh.

Winner:

VS.

Well well well...looking at the way these two teams have been playing, this will be the battle of the F**** running Backs. McFadden vs. Johnson. I mean....have you seen how many time the Broncos have ran the ball? You would think it was the Got D*** Preakness out there the way they run Chris Johnson. Come on now Broncos, at least ACT like you have receivers . With all that being said, I do congratulate the Raiders on their win...but I hope they enjoyed it, cause they wont be getting their second one this week.

Winner:

VS.

The Patriots were doing well but seemed to have hit a small snag. Their coach is never around to comment because of his hectic work schedule. However, let me tell you who is around...Basilisk and those f***** Redskins. I think the Pats will give the Redskins a good challenge and test that Redskin offense and defense...only with this test, I think the Redskins will pass.

Winner:

Well...until the next time bambinos....I say....GET OUTTA HERE!!!!

"I went to games as a Knicks fan, they had Strickland, they traded him....and ever since then son, I HATED THEM!" - Nature

Last edited by Mecca_G; 03-29-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Don's Picks: Week 8

Wow, NationalChamps.net gets picked to go 16-0 this week. What a team!!!

Good writeup nonetheless.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern

ROFL
Old 03-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern

lol
Old 03-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
Pro

Dont make me change my pick Bayern...! LOL.

Dont know what to tell ya guys, I can see the pics on my comp

Edit: And I am using Firefox

"I went to games as a Knicks fan, they had Strickland, they traded him....and ever since then son, I HATED THEM!" - Nature
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 22

I just switched to Firefox to check it, still can't see the pics. Was using Google Chrome before.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:18 PM   #7
Pro

Thanks for checking well well. I will just use a different site next time because the hell if I am redoing all that. It took tooooo long. LOL.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Great work

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »