Home

season 3 free agency

This is a discussion on season 3 free agency within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #33
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: season 3 free agency

I talked to Trojan and we bounced some ideas off each other about the Test the Market. Then I talked to Don Bellagachi and we also brain stormed.

Here are my ideas to make free agency more realistic. In real life way more guys test the market than 10 percent, especially guys on losing teams or who aren't getting playing time. Here is my idea for a Tier based test the market system

The worst 4 teams test the market will be % 30
Teams under .500 test the market will be % 25
Playoff teams test the market will be % 15

Let me know how you guys feel about this. Because in the real NFL players don't resign with losing teams after suffering a few losing seasons in a row. And in the real NFL most players don't leave a good team unless its for way more money and a way bigger role.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #34
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
so let me get this straight? you wanna further punish the bad teams by making them risk losing the talent they do have? if thats the case then we should make it where any non starter on your team is a free agent since mo one likes sitting the bench where he could start somewhere else
Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 14

I like this^^^^

"I went to games as a Knicks fan, they had Strickland, they traded him....and ever since then son, I HATED THEM!" - Nature
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
I talked to Trojan and we bounced some ideas off each other about the Test the Market. Then I talked to Don Bellagachi and we also brain stormed.

Here are my ideas to make free agency more realistic. In real life way more guys test the market than 10 percent, especially guys on losing teams or who aren't getting playing time. Here is my idea for a Tier based test the market system

The worst 4 teams test the market will be % 30
Teams under .500 test the market will be % 25
Playoff teams test the market will be % 15

Let me know how you guys feel about this. Because in the real NFL players don't resign with losing teams after suffering a few losing seasons in a row. And in the real NFL most players don't leave a good team unless its for way more money and a way bigger role.
I have sent some of these ideas Silk's way.

I believe in empowering those to whom I delegate tasks and not micromanaging, so Silk will have the final say on this matter and I will support fully whatever his determination is.

I like these ideas, but since Silk will have to oversee their implementation, I will leave it to him.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #37
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
so let me get this straight? you wanna further punish the bad teams by making them risk losing the talent they do have? if thats the case then we should make it where any non starter on your team is a free agent since mo one likes sitting the bench where he could start somewhere else
The bad teams are already getting the top draft picks year after year. You also have a chance to resign them. It's not realistic for free agents not to test the market on a bad team. Look at the real NFL. Would a good player hitting their prime really not test the market on a 4-12 team? Wouldn't there be a better chance they would test the market on a 4-12 team compared to a 12-4 team? The Answer is yes on both counts.

With the current system bad teams can just keep stocking piling talent by getting all the top draft picks and retaining all their good free agents. The system doesn't work like that in the real NFL and our current system is really flawed.

Example

The Ravens went to the Super Bowl last year in our league. What's the chances that a player tests the market for his team? Most players would like to stay with a contender.

The Browns went 0-16, what are the chances all his top free agents would want to come back? More than likely they would like to test the market. He would have a chance to resign them maybe at a slightly higher price because players like to play for winning teams.

Silk can you really tell me whats wrong with the Tier system? Everyone else I have ran it by loves it.

Last edited by TheKingOfVa; 04-28-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I think there needs to be a few more nuances.

If a relatively young player is on a SB winning team or on the opposing team that makes the SB and loses but he has a very small contract, then I think that player would go for the big money no matter where it is. I think it could happen for teams that make the AFC and NFC Championships too.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #39
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
actually you are correct, but forgetting the other side of that coin, the really successful teams also get hit hard by scavengers as well, and you say everybody you talked to liked it? what were their records? and did they stand to benefit from us bottom feeders losing talent?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #40
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm currently a bottom feeder, and could really care less about this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »