Home

season 3 free agency

This is a discussion on season 3 free agency within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #41
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: season 3 free agency

Interesting ideas here. I for one would not want to implement a new "test" market system and here are a few reasons why. If we are trying to be realistic(just like real life) we must do the following.

1. Get rid of our Salary Cap.

2. Get rid of these guaranteed contracts.

3. Everyone must use default playbooks.

If more realism is the goal then we must complete each step in the process to make this a more realistic experience(IMHO)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #42
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
actually you are correct, but forgetting the other side of that coin, the really successful teams also get hit hard by scavengers as well, and you say everybody you talked to liked it? what were their records? and did they stand to benefit from us bottom feeders losing talent?

Your right, guys with small roles do leave contenders to take on a bigger role on less successful teams. Not many star players leave a contender to go to a lesser team so it was hard for me to suggest an idea that would just effect the lower level players on contenders.

I'm confused by your last statement, are you saying only a bias person could like this idea? Going by that statement it could be bias for you to oppose the idea also.

"Bottom feeders" as you put it, already stock pile the super star draft picks. A lot of the Bottom Feeder teams actually have more talent than contenders on paper. There is no way in the world that there isn't a greater chance a player would test the market on a losing team compared to a winning one.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #43
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
it is still a punishment, hey you went 3-13 last year, and what do you get? your best player decided to go play for a e-championship somewhere else! no thanks i am vehemently against this
Old 04-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #44
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

Also forgot to say I came up with the Tier system not to help contenders but to cause roster movement between non-playoff teams. Most contenders are capped out and rather keep their core together anyways instead of shake it up. Teams that are missing the playoffs year after to year might be wise to mix it up. This system will cause non playoff teams to sign each others test the market guys or resign their own guys back. With the salary cap it prevents contenders for reaching into the pool and taking all of the "Bottom Feeders" players. That's the one thing your forgetting Twosilk.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #45
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
it is still a punishment, hey you went 3-13 last year, and what do you get? your best player decided to go play for a e-championship somewhere else! no thanks i am vehemently against this
And you also get a top 5 pick year after year after year for being a losing team. That's a superstar rookie who will be a star. The chances for a player to test the market on a losing team is way higher. But I understand it might affect you so you never had an open mind to the idea at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #46
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Only the cellar dwellers will have a problem w/ this. Why not vote/poll?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #47
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
here is why i am against it: you say the lower teams get high draft picks, but if you take away a star from a bad team, you are just creating more holes to fill, i mean if you are one or two players away, and you take away one or two good players, then they are back to needing to fill multiple holes, and honestly madden is more about stick skills and scheming more than the highest overalls.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:21 PM   #48
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I have sent some of these ideas Silk's way.

I believe in empowering those to whom I delegate tasks and not micromanaging, so Silk will have the final say on this matter and I will support fully whatever his determination is.

I like these ideas, but since Silk will have to oversee their implementation, I will leave it to him.

I respect your decisions TM, but am curious about this. You are the commish of the league, yet you aren't a dictator. You listen to ideas, consult w/ others, then come to a conclusion. But you're giving someone the ability to basically shoot down anything they don't like whether it be biased or not.

This idea wasn't just thrown together, it looks like work was put into it. I don't think it should be shot down b/c an owner feels targeted. Why not vote/poll on it? We have 3 "weeks" left of the season, I think that's enough time for people to see it and vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »