Home

season 3 free agency

This is a discussion on season 3 free agency within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #49
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: season 3 free agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
here is why i am against it: you say the lower teams get high draft picks, but if you take away a star from a bad team, you are just creating more holes to fill, i mean if you are one or two players away, and you take away one or two good players, then they are back to needing to fill multiple holes, and honestly madden is more about stick skills and scheming more than the highest overalls.

The thing is all the "contenders" dont even have the cap room to sign those players. All it would do was cause some roster movement between the non-playoff teams. Are "bottom feeders" really one or two players away? That's what's confusing me. I see your view point and respect it. I presented an idea just to mix up the league a little not to help my team because I don't even have the cap to sign any big name free agents.

Most of the teams would keep their players that test the market anyways. Players leave teams all the time to go to different situations or just test the market to get more money.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
actually you are correct, but forgetting the other side of that coin, the really successful teams also get hit hard by scavengers as well, and you say everybody you talked to liked it? what were their records? and did they stand to benefit from us bottom feeders losing talent?
not sure who was surveyed. I think when gauging how the league feels a large portion of its owners should be polled, imho.

And as far as real life goes.....

In real life guys like chris johnson, peppers, calvin johnson (twice lmfao), mjd, marshall (lol well ok) and many many many others, because this league has been trade happy with big players and high draft picks.

This isn't real life, and nothin we do will mirror it exactly. We have a system that takes into account testing the market. Even if we do what u say, that won't be perfect, that won't be exactly like real life either. Whats to stop someone next season from sayin again that it isn't like real life and adding more test the market rules. And before you say that won't happen, we are doing exactly that right now.

That said this doesn't affect me much because I don't really see myself falling below .500.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I respect your decisions TM, but am curious about this. You are the commish of the league, yet you aren't a dictator. You listen to ideas, consult w/ others, then come to a conclusion. But you're giving someone the ability to basically shoot down anything they don't like whether it be biased or not.

This idea wasn't just thrown together, it looks like work was put into it. I don't think it should be shot down b/c an owner feels targeted. Why not vote/poll on it? We have 3 "weeks" left of the season, I think that's enough time for people to see it and vote.
Yeah, I don't intend to send conflicting messages.

I suppose I just have competing beliefs vis-a-vis league management. On the one hand, I believe in dialogue when it comes to my exercise of power--despite the repeated assertion that I have personal vendettas or that I am Goodell 2.0.

On the other hand, I believe that when I delegate I should not micromanage so as not to undermine the authority of those to whom I dictate responsibility. I wouldn't like being micromanaged.

I suppose I assume that those I put in charge of a given area will do just what I do--work hard to find a solution that works for the greatest number of people by canvassing, polling, whatever.

I'm sure Silk is just feeling some of what I get on a regular but most of you don't: the unremitting critical response that can, at times, feel personal. In my experience, it's very hard for most people to step away from their myopic perspective and see the whole picture.

I'd just ask that as Silk collects ideas, we should all try to be measured and peaceable. Our group thrives on the exercise of better judgment.

If I have to make a final call or swing the direction, I will, but I would like to err at the moment of placing trust in those who have delegated responsibilities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #52
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

I am not in favor of Kings new idea but I am not stressed about it either. If the 2 guys I plan on resigning walk, Im not going to lose any sleep. Just figured I would add a response to the informal poll .
Old 04-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #53
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

ok for the record, i never vetoed any thing, simply gave MY opinion of it, i am not in a position to just say no, even if i hate the idea, my can you in simple english why/how this would work. is it justa dice roll, or are you guaranteed to lose someone
Old 04-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #54
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

If something like this were to pass I'd move that we b able to put a franchise tag on a player if he decides to test market instead of being restricted to using it before we find out the results of our resignings.

My Video Game Streams
Old 04-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #55
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99digi
not sure who was surveyed. I think when gauging how the league feels a large portion of its owners should be polled, imho.

And as far as real life goes.....

In real life guys like chris johnson, peppers, calvin johnson (twice lmfao), mjd, marshall (lol well ok) and many many many others, because this league has been trade happy with big players and high draft picks.

This isn't real life, and nothin we do will mirror it exactly. We have a system that takes into account testing the market. Even if we do what u say, that won't be perfect, that won't be exactly like real life either. Whats to stop someone next season from sayin again that it isn't like real life and adding more test the market rules. And before you say that won't happen, we are doing exactly that right now.

That said this doesn't affect me much because I don't really see myself falling below .500.

I never suggested this ideal to 100 percent mirror the real NFL. It was just an idea to shake things up. It was never meant to be just like real life so I'm not sure where that is coming from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #56
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

Quote:
ok for the record, i never vetoed any thing, simply gave MY opinion of it, i am not in a position to just say no, even if i hate the idea, my can you in simple english why/how this would work. is it justa dice roll, or are you guaranteed to lose someone
It's still just a dice roll. That's why I'm confused why your so upset by me just suggesting an idea. All it would be is a slight increase in the dice roll.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »