Home

BackBreaker Impressions

This is a discussion on BackBreaker Impressions within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 09:01 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: BackBreaker Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Get your skills UP!
I didn't have a problem with this drill, I just said it reminded me of 1 on 1 that we used to do at practice in real life.

Kick meter = 2k8. I like that.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #18
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I didn't have a problem with this drill, I just said it reminded me of 1 on 1 that we used to do at practice in real life.

Kick meter = 2k8. I like that.
I was just messing with yah.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #19
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

For those that can play it, is it a really cool tech demo or is it sim football? Could you imagine playing this more than a couple weeks?
Old 05-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #20
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

The fundamentals of this game are extremely well done. Heck the fundamentals of this game are better than maddens. No suction blocking, the speed, the fluidity. My lone complaint is getting off the the bomb deep ball pass. The controls for the lob pass seem a bit clunky. Not sure if it was me or the demo controls.

Other than that the game plays awesome. I only wish I had the option of moving my head to scan the field while running and throwing the ball opposite of what they gave us. There were times I wanted to turn my head to look one way but the camera wanted me to focus on another area. This is an issue I wish there could be a fix for but nonetheless it gets the job done. For example I wanted to look at the pass rush to see what was happening. It forces you to look down field the whole time at your receivers. I would like an option the be able to turn my head and look around when running or throwing not just look at what is ahead of me.

One area I am totally hyped about are the real pileups. The pileups look amazing, not to mention being blindsided and sacked as the qb really makes you feel like your right in the pocket.

Also it feels to be at 40 frames per second, not 60 which is ok but not great. Not that I feel the graphics are sub par cause they are not. In fact the stadium looks huge like your in a Coliseum.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Positives

1) Players feel like they have weight to them so no twitching.
2) You can choose your position on the kick off, pre-kick off. Pretty nice. Then you can switch players as well.
3) 2k8 kick meter
4) Defensively there are some good fire zones in here
5) OL Pass blocking shows OL working together to block the inside gaps - PIG protection.
6) Defenders can be pushing an OL and grab the QB simultaneously.
7) Defenses do some shifting before the snap, showing blitz, coverage, overload, shifting secondary shells ect.
8) DE's seem to run a natural arc.
9) Double team pass blocking even with the HB helping out on edge defenders. Damn shame in their first try and they are not even American football developers. They got this on their damn first try. Someone else has been here, ehhh nevermind.
10) OL does a great job of combo in the pass game and pushing guys past the QB at times.

I'll do more when I come back from the gym. From an X's and O's stand point right now with respect to offensive and defensive line play, OL pass blocking schemes, this game is already better than Madden in these areas And that my friends is something someone should be hanging their heads over.

Last edited by LBzrule; 05-21-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #22
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

You guys are actually making me want to play this game, after I wrote it off months ago. Intriguing...
Old 05-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #23
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Man this sounds great! I cant wait to try it out for myself after my game with silk tonight.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

The only thing is the game feels a little sluggish to me and the passing I'll have to get used to because right now I'm not comfortable with it at all.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »