Home

Draft Winners and Losers by Jools Kiper Jr.

This is a discussion on Draft Winners and Losers by Jools Kiper Jr. within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Draft Winners and Losers by Jools Kiper Jr.

Today we will look back at the draft and asses the winners and losers. These teams either filled holes and addressed needs, added star contributors, or they pooped the bed and set their franchise back another season.

1. St Louis Rams
The method to the madness of the Rams GM finally came to fruition with this draft. The Rams defense is completely rebuilt into a bonafied 3-4 thanks to 6 first round picks in the last 2 seasons, including the number 1 overall in both drafts. Ben Gray and Andre Hudson come into a vastly improved defense and will make immediate impacts. They were also able to add depth to their already good offensive line later in the draft.

2. Carolina Panthers

The "snake man" did it again, trading all his draft picks for the number 1 pick only to turn it into the 4th overall and the 18th overall. A winning team that keeps adding winning pieces, the Panthers got their man at number 4 in Abdul Ross. He and Ben Gray were 1a and 1b in my opinion, and he was able to add a big defensive lineman with Clancy at number 18. Homerun draft again for Bayern.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tampa got the best CB in the draft in Jameel Hale, and the best strong side safety, revamping a secondary that's gonna need it in the Fun and Gun division of the ACQB. They also got solid additions in Teryain Cain HB and DT Robert Brunetti. Can't hate on this draft at all.

4. Baltimore Ravens
Anytime you win 13 games you should not be improving your team via the draft. That's unfair. But that's exactly what the Ravens did in this draft, by getting Maka Liv to add to that gruesome front 7. Good luck running the ball on them this season with Castillo Ngata and Liv up front with those linebackers roaming behind them. Glad they are not on my schedule...

5. Cleveland Browns
The Browns had a million picks in this draft and put them all to good use. They got so many players it's impossible to name them all, but they did get their QB in Kolby Fitch who was the second best QB in the draft, the best LOLB in the draft in Julian Wright and the best RT in the draft in Angelo Legree. Now if they can only start winning....

The Losers

1. Arizona Cardinals
Miss a draft and suffer the consequences was the message sent loud and clearly this season, as the Cardinals selected a punter and a kicker in the first 2 rounds. I don't give a damn what they drafted in the latter rounds, that is an EPIC fail.

2. Oakland Raiders
WTF?????
The Raiders took Tristan Riley with the second overall pick. Great pick. But the rest of the draft was a pure head scratch-er for me. A running back in the first round for a team that had the league leader in rushing yards last season? A reach on a 3rd round MLB in the first round? No significant defensive help for a team that was near the bottom in damn near every statistical category last season? Enjoy your new toys, cause their stats will be the only thing you have to look forward to this season.

3. Those teams did so bad I'm not even gonna add any more teams.
I'm disgusted right now. I'm leaving....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Draft Winners and Losers by Jools Kiper Jr.

The second best rookie Qb plays for Houston. Remember the name Ben Wade....
Old 05-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
The second best rookie Qb plays for Houston. Remember the name Ben Wade....
Well he doesn't play at all so he isn't the 2nd or 3rd or 4th best QB.

Great write up!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

LMAO
Old 05-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
Well he doesn't play at all so he isn't the 2nd or 3rd or 4th best QB.

Great write up!
You mean he doesn't play yet. Even still according to my scouting he was the best qb available in the entire draft. He won't start right away but over time should be a very good qb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
You mean he doesn't play yet. Even still according to my scouting he was the best qb available in the entire draft. He won't start right away but over time should be a very good qb.
Ben Wade
99 THP (Throw Power)
65 THA (Throw Accuracy)
70 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
75 TAM (Throw Accuracy Medium)
94 TAD (Throw Accuracy Deep)
58 TOR (Throw on the Run)
82 PAC (Play Action)

Kolby Fitch
93 THP (Throw Power)
91 THA (Throw Accuracy)
80 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
81 TAM (Throw Accuracy Medium)
80 TAD (Throw Accuracy Deep)
77 TOR (Throw on the Run)
79 PAC (Play Action)
Who did your scouting a 12 year old? Fitch is clearly better than Wade. Wade is probably not even an A potential. I know Fitch is cause I asked Sparkii yesterday. So fire whatever agency you used to scout your players cause they have no idea what they are talking about.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

Short and medium accuracy are easy to improve. Potential means nothing, unless you have a f or d, then they are likely to not improve or very little. Obviously I evaluated him and I liked what I saw.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:19 PM   #8
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Short and medium accuracy are easy to improve. Potential means nothing, unless you have a f or d, then they are likely to not improve or very little. Obviously I evaluated him and I liked what I saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »