Home

ACQB gameplay discussion

This is a discussion on ACQB gameplay discussion within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #33
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: ACQB gameplay discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
What's the best way to deal with WR bunch formations? Boxboy was slicing and diceing my defense with them?
OLB blitz or Hook zone. Thats what I do anyways with Cushing. You can also Use the Safety and try to guess
Old 05-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #34
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

I was just messing with you Andro. I'm still kinda shocked by the Garrard Play. I mean I know he's capable of that kinda stuff, and I had it set up nicely, but you had me dead to rights and Garrard pulled one out of his you know what.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:27 PM   #35
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, I like WR bunch. They are great at busting up zones. I can usually find a safe option in there somewhere. I am usually just looking to take what is given to me so it is tough defense. I usually go short so if you stack the box I tend to get uncomfortable with the reads which lead to hesitation which is where you can get the sacks and turnovers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #36
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise
I was just messing with you Andro. I'm still kinda shocked by the Garrard Play. I mean I know he's capable of that kinda stuff, and I had it set up nicely, but you had me dead to rights and Garrard pulled one out of his you know what.
I'll have the hitstick ready next time. Damn that Garrard. That play was a real gamechanger.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
D-end users= I have voiced my concern about this style of play, but instead of complaining about it, can someone tell me the best way to counter this, is it slide protection? and I mean on passing downs, I know that running is the best course of action, but nto a option on 3rd and 10.
Not only that, but keeping in a TE (or TE Delay release) and a HB in to block pretty much negate that and usually you're able to find an open receiver.

If someone else suggested this sorry for the repeat.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:47 PM   #38
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
Not only that, but keeping in a TE (or TE Delay release) and a HB in to block pretty much negate that and usually you're able to find an open receiver.

If someone else suggested this sorry for the repeat.
thanks 4 the tips, they are appreciated.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:01 PM   #39
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

As someone who used the DE from time to time, I personally don't use it because I can always beat my man, I use it to create pressure for the DT's. Normally if I beat the RT, I may not get to the QB, but my other rushers will get to him because a lineman will try and pick me up. To me, the easiest way to combat that is either slide protection, or don't drop back that far. It may open you up the pressure up the middle, but it makes it harder for the DE to come around and get you. Just my 2 cents
Old 05-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #40
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Not an expert but last season I was 2nd in least amount of sacks given up (dolphins finished ahead of me by like 2 less sacks). The easiest and the best way to avoid sacks is to find a pass play that gives you an immediate target in 3 seconds. The best way to do that is with pre-snap reads so you can tell if its a zone or man. By making your reads quicker and only staying in the pocket for less than 3 seconds you can avoid sacks.

However there are situations where your gonna have to bail out as well, it's good to have a bail out option as well when you do have to throw on the run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »