Home

ACQB gameplay discussion

This is a discussion on ACQB gameplay discussion within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: ACQB gameplay discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
what part do you think is sarcasm?
Sorry I just put it in bold, I forgot to the 1st time around.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #58
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

ok sorry one more question, how do you defend thr deeeeepp dropback combined with a slight rollout? with the deep drop i cant seem to get any pressure, and combine that with a slight rollout, you have the makings of a looong day on defense
Old 05-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 55

I should mention that when I see a blitz, I definitely look to get the ball out fast (of course). For most pass plays, that's either a short slant, drag, or flats route of some kind. That's more of a smart decision. What throws a wrench into that strategy is either good man coverage, or a user in zone coverage jumping the hot reads.

I don't manually blitz much anymore because I like to maneuver my guys into a position to nullify quick passes, such as ones to the flats or seams.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
ok sorry one more question, how do you defend thr deeeeepp dropback combined with a slight rollout? with the deep drop i cant seem to get any pressure, and combine that with a slight rollout, you have the makings of a looong day on defense
Fan your DL. That does a great job in general against deep dropbacks. It may not visually look pretty, but it gets the job done.

You could experiment with spreading your DL, too but I haven't seen great success with that.

Another thing you can do is blitz from the outside with either an OLB or DB. If you blitz from the outside and they drop back deep, they WILL get hit. Oftentimes when a user sees an outside blitz, they naturally step up in the pocket, and if that's your goal to keep a guy contained, it does it's job regardless if you get the sack.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
personally hate the pa rollout all together, works way too well even without a running game
I can understand your point in this seeing as how PA effectiveness is based on your QB's ratings and not the actual effectiveness of the running game. But I've always thought it was one of the easiest plays to stop. 3-4 Cov2 owns this.

Seeing as how the QB will be rolling out to one side of the field all the routes will flow the way of the roll...Here's the breakdown...

Lets assume this is to the right-

Cov 2 corner takes FB in the flat
Purple zone OLB takes TE corner
Yellow zone MLB's take medium crossing route/s
Deep half SS has help for the OLB over the top

I'd suggest showing blitz, and zoning safeties to the middle as well as controlling the #2 MLB to help on the backside deep post. I've run into plenty of people who try to over-use PA-RO but this usually shuts it down. There are a few ways to stop it other than this, but this is what I usually start with. Hope this helps you out.

Also for those who have trouble with crossing routes, Cover 2 sink is a good play to use, and control a MLB, or manually rush (if you're good at it) to apply pressure.

Last edited by s38s38s; 05-26-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #62
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLLWeLL
How do you defend that then? I usually man the MLB and if I see a RB doing a flat route, I have to make a decision. Either stay and protect the middle or chase after the HB. Whichever one I choose I'm going to be screwed for leaving one part open. If it's done repeatedly I'll try and hot route my OLB to protect against the flats. I just don't have that much luck against stopping it. It's not that I am not a fan of people throwing there all-together, it's just a problem for me if it is a repeated thing throughout the game. And if it is done to me throughout a game, then I'll just go ahead and start doing it as well.
actually the best thing to do is have you heaviest hitter waiting....you know kinda bait your opp to make the throw and then boom, Hitstick!!!! Thats what I do.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #63
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Fan your DL and manually blitz with your MLB. After a few hard hits on the QB they will stop doing that.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I need to get a grip on protections. I have gotten hit incessantly since week one--I mean like 2 out of every 3 plays. I've kept backs and even TEs in, and have worked on stepping up more, but I just can't seem to hold off a rush.

Anyone know how the line adjustments work for the OL regarding which defenders a given call will/won't pick up?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »