Home

ACQB Transition Itinerary

This is a discussion on ACQB Transition Itinerary within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2010, 10:59 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: ACQB Transition Itinerary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
I see where you are going with this and to me it just seems like a penalty system.( a losers tax if you will). Some guys (myself included) actually like the players on the team and care about having fun first and winning if we can second. There is already stiff competition in this league and owners are forced to bring their A-game or go home with the L. Not to mention there are things that users can do in Madden that you would seldom see on Sundays yet in madden you are rewarded(fumbles,ints,pro-tak 5 man tackle breaking). We are making the best with what we have IMO. Why upset the Applecart at this point?
Well I think the thing is some people are already going to be upset (maybe not upset but defintiely not satisfied) because they do not have their team. All I am trying to create is a system where everybody at least has a shot to play with their team once, before Madden 12. The thing is, there is no easy way to do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 11:07 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 55

Lb, interesting idea. We'll definitely have to deep discussing that and maybe see where the theory takes us.

Another idea I had: people "play off" for a team they want. Let's say 4 people want the Cowboys: they run a mini tournament using probably DAL v DAL for every game. Winner gets the team. Again, though, that's a very competitive way to look at it and like Andro pointed out, the rich could get richer doing this also.

Keep the ideas coming! We have a long time to figure this out, so nobody needs to panic.. we'll come up with something good in the next few months

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 05-31-2010, 11:10 AM   #27
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Well I think the thing is some people are already going to be upset (maybe not upset but defintiely not satisfied) because they do not have their team. All I am trying to create is a system where everybody at least has a shot to play with their team once, before Madden 12. The thing is, there is no easy way to do this.

It might not be easy but it is simple. It can be followed in one step.

Owners that want to keep their teams can and should. Owners that don't have to find a participating owner in the Voluntary Team Selection System.(just made that up VTS for short)

done and done. Next
Old 05-31-2010, 11:26 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Another idea I had: people "play off" for a team they want. Let's say 4 people want the Cowboys: they run a mini tournament using probably DAL v DAL for every game. Winner gets the team.
We did this ^ in our league, worked out okay. If you lose atleast you had a 50-50 chance to get your team.

But I like call them first!

As far as LB's idea it definitely adds a deeper level, but I don't know if it'd be fair to guys who may not be as good, and are playing just to play with their home city/state team, and just want to atleast be competitive. NC rep over here.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #29
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23

Guys, I'm liking some of the ideas I'm seeing thrown out and I'll add mine to the mix, how about if guys are going to have new teams, you just have a team draft? Basically all the guys in the league are selected at a random order and we just have a team draft. Then, guys want a certain team they could work out something with the owner of the team they have.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:41 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I really don't like the idea of having coach contract lengths, expectations, and firings.

We weren't even able to get 32 teams to meet the very minimal demands of a cap sheet (take a look at what a mess some of them are still) or the draft. There's no way we could get folks to keep up with and be on board with *another* off-season/extra-curricular task/requirement.

I also just don't like the idea of getting fired as an owner; it doesn't sound fun. I get that it's "realistic" in some sense (though some of the winningest teams are known for not firing coaches, like PIT and IND), but the league is already hyper-competitive and I'm not sure we need to do anything more to juice that up. I have all the competitiveness I need in my gaming life just trying to get a win in this league.

Just my .02.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:46 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 55

At the very least we'll get a month into NCAA to try out what Lbz is saying and see how people react to it.

Another thing I'm looking at is an easier/better way to do offseason spreadsheets. Maybe I need to go in and hand craft a user friendly sheet that has macros where we don't even have to enter any multipliers, only essential data as to not confuse our owners (OVR, age, contract length). It may be really hard to do, though. For example, how would you prevent a program from changing the multiplier on contact length when it should stay the same as the years pass on.

We can also eventually discuss the ratios and how they create/hinder competitive balance. The salary cap is another point of discussion.

I'm looking forward to a few weeks off to hash this stuff out.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 11:58 AM   #32
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
casey the spreadsheet is fine, the honest answer while not popular, but needs to be said: owner participation, the owners that are on point have no problem at all, maybe there should bebsome rules in place about doing certain things, like sheet upkeep, forum activity, or something. that is what we need to look at

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »