Home

Old 08-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #25
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Idea for 11

Thats what I was getting to Silk, it's more a matter of who. Guys used to be screened before entering, now they just get in.

I will repeat it again, this is a matter of who, not the PB's themselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #26
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Andro, when Gruden was the coach of the Bucs, I hated using the their PB because there were no shotgun plays in it. Some guys just dont like the PB they're stuck w/.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #27
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Thats what I was getting to Silk, it's more a matter of who. Guys used to be screened before entering, now they just get in.

I agree with this. What set this league apart was it was 2k8 guys playing Madden. Now it seems we have plenty of Madden players. We need to get back to being strict about who we let in.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Guys used to be screened before entering, now they just get in.

This is my fault. I tried to juggle the issue of having a full league and of maintaining the consistency of character and vision that made the league what it is in the first place.

I erred on the side of keeping a full league, but I will admit that a good chunk of our recent "issues" stems from the overly hasty inclusion of new owners after the dynasty's first couple of years. Many of those invitees worked out fine and a few didn't.

It's kind of hard to go backward now. Going forward I would agree 100% that the vetting process needs to be significantly longer and that those on the cusp of tourney-style play need to be watched closely and disciplined severely if they slip out of line.

I'm sure people bristle when I call this a gentlemen's league, but that's what it is, at least in my view, and that's how I want to keep it, whatever my two cents is worth.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 8

Quit using "oh it's the playbook's fault", that is the lamest excuse I've ever heard. Let me try to understand your logic...the playbook calls the plays and I run them. Nah man, USER'S call the plays. Next thing that will happen is generic books will be scrapped, followed by certain pass/run plays.

If you got users that are abusing plays then address the users, all these plays ya'll are complaining about are in damn near every playbook. Tosses, sweeps, the pass plays are in all the PB's hot routes giv you the ability to create whatever you want. People b!tch about the tosses in M10, but the blocking was broken especially to the left where the LT, and LG pulled and not just the LG. I haven't seen this same issue in Madden 11 from the demo.

If you think stopping usere's pro-choice to select their own PB to stop tourney style plays from being run you have lost touch with reality. On the main page as soon as Madden 11 drops retail there will be posts about what works best and people will add it to their game. I bet no one completely stopped passing to the flats in the ACQB, everyone I played did it, but hey aren't the flats broken and abused by tourney players. Or guys in shotgun dropping back ten yards, or running backwards. What abou the people who run PA-RO just because it works, lets micro-manage all that stuff to since you can do any of it with any playbook. Or maybe we can all just use "Ask Madden" so we're not tempted to use tourney plays (insert sarcasm).

Aside from that if you're truly tired of facing the same user tactics, how can you legitimately blame it on the user's PB. You guys are acting like the PB makes or breaks a user's success. If you're going to allow people to cheese, which obviously many of the complaints around here suggest then you can't complain about a user's PB, because the user picks the plays. Fix the issue with people who cheese, and you fix your complaints about facing tourney tactics. But I'd be willing to bet just like in APF, any user who achieves higher levels of success will be accused of cheesing. It has, and always will be that way because some people need a reason to justify their loss as not their fault.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:04 AM   #30
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Again, I agree w/ s38s38ss38s
Old 08-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #31
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Andro, when Gruden was the coach of the Bucs, I hated using the their PB because there were no shotgun plays in it. Some guys just dont like the PB they're stuck w/.

I hear ya. thanks for explaining.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 55

Both sides bring great points. I'm thinking at the very LEAST what I'll do is require users to post the playbooks they're using and possibly stick with a playbook for the season. That way if we saw a trend we didn't like (such as everyone using NO's book) we could take further action if we felt it was necessary.

Good debate, guys. Both sides are extremely well thought-out. In terms of regulating who gets in, maybe we need to implement a "double vouch" system where we need two users to vouch for a guy. You can only vouch for a guy if you've played him... so essentially a new player would need to play two ACQB guys and they'd both need to vouch for him to get a shot.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »