Home

ACQB M11 Strategy Thread

This is a discussion on ACQB M11 Strategy Thread within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: ACQB M11 Strategy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Okay, so since I haven't heard a direct response, I'm assuming that reblitzing a DT and then reblitzing an MLB and stacking one next to the other in the A gap is okay to do and that similar things are okay to do as well.
Manually repositioning players when shifts are available is cheap. I'm in the camp that would say the only player you can manually re-position is the player you're controlling. As far as re-blitzing, as long as someone isn't relocating the player then re-blitzing then I'm okay with that because sometimes the "pre-designed" blitz angles take your rushers out of the play. But stacking the gaps manually is ddefinitely cheap, and a weak tactic IMO.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Technically, you could do what I said and only move one player, the MLB, which you could control yourself. You'd just have to reblitz them both and put the MLB up close to the outside shoulder of the DT.

I ask because I saw this on one of those Madden lab sites, and it looked like it generated monster heat. It's not technically against the rules so far as I know, so I'm going to use it. With Willis's speed, that's murder she wrote. It also sounds like the QB spy thing isn't always a free run, so that doesn't sound like automatic cheese and should be fair game as well.

There's all kinds of stuff out there on how to get around the CPU blocking AI. I'll post some of the stuff I find for others' benefit if it seems useful.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #75
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Technically, you could do what I said and only move one player, the MLB, which you could control yourself. You'd just have to reblitz them both and put the MLB up close to the outside shoulder of the DT.

I ask because I saw this on one of those Madden lab sites, and it looked like it generated monster heat. It's not technically against the rules so far as I know, so I'm going to use it. With Willis's speed, that's murder she wrote. It also sounds like the QB spy thing isn't always a free run, so that doesn't sound like automatic cheese and should be fair game as well.

There's all kinds of stuff out there on how to get around the CPU blocking AI. I'll post some of the stuff I find for others' benefit if it seems useful.
My question is why even use something like this at all? Why not just either rush the guy, spy him, or drop him into coverage. Setting a guy to spy and then manually rushing him on a blitz just sounds like a tactic to circumvent the system without even knowing/seeing the result.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
My question is why even use something like this at all? Why not just either rush the guy, spy him, or drop him into coverage. Setting a guy to spy and then manually rushing him on a blitz just sounds like a tactic to circumvent the system without even knowing/seeing the result.
Possibly, but if it doesn't circumvent it, it's not an issue. The better this gameplay is, the less we have to worry about restricting things. One advantage of blitzing a spy-er is just not having to do the manual adjustments.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 08-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Well, it's just another way to turn up the heat, which is quite necessary in this year's offensively oriented game.

From what I'm reading it does sound like you can counter some of this stuff if you know what you're doing, so it's not exactly cheap.

I'll give you an example of one that I read.

34 Under Sting Pinch Zone is a nasty blitz as it is. It gets nastier if you reblitz the NT straight down, do the same for the LILB, and then move the ILB up just a hair. If your opponent doesn't know what's coming, he's gonna be on his back in about a half a second.

However, if he's smart and picks up on it, he can toss out a quick WR screen, work a quick rollout in there and maybe get a quick dump to the flats, or something like that.

There's all kinds of those.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #78
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Okay, so since I haven't heard a direct response, I'm assuming that reblitzing a DT and then reblitzing an MLB and stacking one next to the other in the A gap is okay to do and that similar things are okay to do as well.
I would say that this is not a straight up tactic. I agree with s38 that changing blitzers angles because its drawn up poorly is fine. Manually stacking guys to exploit a gap seems cheezy to me. Like I said in a different thread, there was stuff that we needed to discuss about this game when we started. If tourney style tactics or cheese are allowed then that's fine, but then we need to come out and so and have everyone agree on what is and its allowed.

Personally, I think wr should have votes on every major issue and let the majority decide.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Well, it's just another way to turn up the heat, which is quite necessary in this year's offensively oriented game.

From what I'm reading it does sound like you can counter some of this stuff if you know what you're doing, so it's not exactly cheap.

I'll give you an example of one that I read.

34 Under Sting Pinch Zone is a nasty blitz as it is. It gets nastier if you reblitz the NT straight down, do the same for the LILB, and then move the ILB up just a hair. If your opponent doesn't know what's coming, he's gonna be on his back in about a half a second.

However, if he's smart and picks up on it, he can toss out a quick WR screen, work a quick rollout in there and maybe get a quick dump to the flats, or something like that.

There's all kinds of those.
Weren't you the guy who said last year that you didn't even go on the main page on OS because you wanted to remain ignorant to the tactics people were using on Madden 10, and now you seem to be endorsing them by your visit to MaddenLab (or whatever the name), and other sites.

To even consider using a QB Spy to blitz is the biggest slap in the face to what is supposed to be considered a SIM league, seriously. What NFL team sets an LB to spy the QB to generate pressure on the QB. It's a GLITCH, it's not supposed to work that way but people are considering using it, damn
Old 08-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #80
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

Va,

Remember in our scrim, I couldn't sack Rodgers @ all. I could hit him, but couldn't bring him down. Imagine if I had another half second of un-impeded progress? That's what the spy nano does imho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »