Home

ACQB Data Entry Checklist

This is a discussion on ACQB Data Entry Checklist within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #49
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: ACQB Data Entry Checklist

Ok so I totally forgot about this for some reason. I glanced through the file and my only question is about the cost. Will it pop up automatically? I get off work at 10 or 11 tonight so I will put in all of the ratings and what not.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 08-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm not for starting until another roster update. I got guys out of position right now and guys that are not even on my team that are on the team in real life and vice versa.

Secondly, I think that certain values for certain positions should be different. For instance, I don't think 3-4 DE's should have the same value as 4-3 DE's. 3-4 DE's are essentially DT's and that should be their value. A long snapper shouldn't have the same value as a Center.

Defiitely agree, OLF's last a good while. Why rush into something when you know they aren't done datn things for the OLF. If people are so eager to play hit up your friends list. Until then be patient, it's better to get a better final product than a rush job because you may be to anxious.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Also, how is my team in real life loaded the way it is and well under the cap, but I can't have these guys on my team in this league because I'm over the cap?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
Defiitely agree, OLF's last a good while. Why rush into something when you know they aren't done datn things for the OLF. If people are so eager to play hit up your friends list. Until then be patient, it's better to get a better final product than a rush job because you may be to anxious.
Yeah, I agree with this. We dont even have the cap stuff straight yet. I also would like to see the league start with everybody having the players thats on their squad in the real NFL. Also I would like the strategy pad to be patched so we dont have to use it.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I also agree about waiting for the next roster update.

A lot of teams right now are missing players from their roster or have key players whose ratings haven't been updated since Madden 10.

We have a full year to play Madden, so in the long haul, an extra week or two of down-time isn't that big a deal.

Plus in the meantime we still have cap sheets to finish and free agency to get going.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Also, how is my team in real life loaded the way it is and well under the cap, but I can't have these guys on my team in this league because I'm over the cap?
The reason for that is clear: this system is arbitrary with regard to real-life salaries and is based on principles that are sound theoretically but do not mirror real-life salaries precisely. It's an equal-opportunity deal in that regard; everyone is subject to the same principles.

There are several factors in real life salaries that are simply not reproducible here. Frontloading and backloading, guaranteed and un-guaranteed money--that stuff can't be worked into this system without lots of hassle.

And keep in mind: the principles that govern the contracts in the OF are really designed to get things to function properly *after* year one.

Take a guy like Revis, for example. He's in the latter portion of his first deal, which often under-values guys (Chris Johnson too). In the game he's paid like he will be under his second contract, but in the OF we have to value him as-is.

Now, next season, you will be able to draft a guy and pay him below market value for 3-4 years if he progresses nicely. This year we've scaled it to where the big money will come in that second contract phase between 26-29 or thereabouts, with younger and older players generally costing a bit less. Thus, going forward it will be possible to have young talent without paying through the nose.

But in order to get that system right for the future, we have to begin rough in the first year because everything is calibrated toward the values that will obtain in the OF, not those that obtain outside it.

Bayern was upset about BAL last year, but it just is what it is and you gotta get with it and make some tough choices. SF is in that same spot this year. IRL they're fine cap wise; in Madden I have to make some really hard calls this off-season or get really creative financially.

If you have a better idea for how to do the cap, there was a lengthy period in the off-season for bringing those forward, but nobody really did that with any precision or in a really compelling way (I argued for real dollars but didn't get that to stick).
Old 08-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

I just think some values should be different. That would solve a lot of things IMO. RT's should not have the same value as LT's. 3-4 DE's should not have the same value as 4-3 DE's. FB's should have pretty low value even though there are great FB's. They are just not valued dollar wise league wide like other positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Yes, I understand that point, and as a contributor to the scaling process, I think it's valid.

There are all sorts of gradations that I think are significant. 34 rush backers who can play deserve more money than 43 backers who are pretty good, imo. 34 ends, and run stopping 43 ends should make less than 43 rush ends. Left tackles should make less than right tackles.

The issue at hand here is clarity and ease of use. For each team we'd have to know the scheme or how a guy is using a certain player, and that gets tough to keep up with. You are super competent at cap stuff, but you know darn well that we're somehow managing to confuse people by asking them to enter four numbers and use a standardized set of position labels.

I think there's a law of diminishing returns with regard to specificity. The more realistic we make the system in terms of its finest nuances, the more complicated it gets to manage, for owners and administrators alike.

I really don't like what I'm paying Justin Smith, and I know Vernon Davis isn't making the money I'm paying him irl, but I think the system is sound so I'm going to live with it and hope one of these cap suckers retires.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »