Home

ACQB Rules Discussion

This is a discussion on ACQB Rules Discussion within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: ACQB Rules Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
this is actually really simple, you should NEVER be more than 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage when throwing a pass, and further more unless you are under pressure, there should be no real reason to roll out of the pocket. This is not too hard in my opinion, any questionable play, just save the replay, and have a cabinet member(s) look at it, and go from there.
Unless the play is a roll out via design. The Ravens have one in their shotgun formation Gun Raven Trips Z spot I believe.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #50
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Unless the play is a roll out via design. The Ravens have one in their shotgun formation Gun Raven Trips Z spot I believe.
yeah but we all know the difference between that and the "madden rollout"
Old 09-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
yeah but we all know the difference between that and the "madden rollout"
True. But one other point. If I see 6 men rushing against my 6 blockers I'm not staying in the pocket. I'm getting the hell out of dodge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #52
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
True. But one other point. If I see 6 men rushing against my 6 blockers I'm not staying in the pocket. I'm getting the hell out of dodge.
That and the designed play are ok IMO, it's the lobby rollout that everyone here has seen at some point that is wack.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 55

This is my thought on drop backs:

I don't like them myself. I can see it slipping once in awhile, it's not like we always consciously do these things.

If it is a recurring theme, I think it'd be wise to save highlights and discuss them at a case by case basis with 10 yards being the marker. Consistent dropbacks of over 10 yards should be grounds for a warning.

I like the 3 strikes and your out system myself.

The only way to handle this is case by case. Really, it's too tough of a thing to regulate 100% efficiently all the time. Many will not even report it. That being said, I could see a place for it in ACQB rules written in a similar way as I proposed above.

What's the thought on blitzes this year?

Is everyone cool with allowing 1 manual movement on defense and shifts for the rest. The reason for the 1 manual movement is sometimes guys don't line up ideally. Let's say I want my SS to roll up to the LOS on a cover 3 zone to fake an outside blitz, I should be able to manually do that.

The only amendment I'd have to that rule is something regarding out of "the box" movement. I'm inclined to leave that as unlimited. If I'm aligning DB's outside of the box to put them in a better spot to cover their man, I should be able to do that. That has nothing to do with exploiting anything in my eyes. If my SS is covering the HB in a cover 1, I want him close to the line and not 15 yards back.

Good posts guys. We're getting somewhere!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 09-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #54
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Im not so sure about the only manually moving one guy idea. Sometimes this game leaves guys uncovered and you have to manually move them or get quick snapped into a bad play.

As a matter of fact I think we are going overboard with all these these rules. The patch will address many gaming issues imo. I will say further even if I do see somebody doing something questionable, I'll probalby just let it slide and maybe, just maybe bother sending that owner a Pm.

Last edited by ANDROMADA 1; 09-05-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 55

I would like to promote Trojan's idea of "The Man Rule". I think that's a really good one that will help maintain league morale.

We have SO many good things going for us, that if we handle our personal differences in private I see no reason for this league to ever struggle at anything.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #56
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I would like to promote Trojan's idea of "The Man Rule". I think that's a really good one that will help maintain league morale.

We have SO many good things going for us, that if we handle our personal differences in private I see no reason for this league to ever struggle at anything.
I agree 1,000% with all that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »