Home

League Vote: Re-Start with Opening Day Rosters

This is a discussion on League Vote: Re-Start with Opening Day Rosters within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should we Restart with Opening Day Rosters?
Yes 14 60.87%
No 9 39.13%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2010, 07:34 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: League Vote: Re-Start with Opening Day Rosters

I accidentally voted yes when I meant to vote no. :P

Honestly, I'm more concerned over the issues currently within the game. I couldn't care less about updated rosters, and I do not know if the patch would provide any legitimate fixes to these issues. I say continue on and hope for the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 8

I commend you guys for trying to establish a vote, but it seems a bit counter-intuitive to force a 2/3's option to pass. Last I checked to establish a majority you just need more than the other portion. Four/three, with four being the majority would be the winning party as simple as that. It's seems this vote is heavily tilted in the favor of one groups opinion, but if it's truely a community vote it should be whatever option receives the most support.

As its set up right now the option to keep moving forward is a 2-1 favorite. There's no way anyone could consider that fair. This is just an outsiders perspective but I just don't see a true vote here. It seems more like a pasifier to set up "Well we put it to a vote and it lost." But if you really want to be able to say that it needs to be even for both options. Simple majority should win.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 28

I voted no since we are already going and most of us are building teams anyway. I'm not against it completely by any means, but I say we just keep going.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #28
Pro

WildcatFan09's Arena

OVR: 11

I vote no.

I think I could benefit from a restart because of my injuries, but restarting at this point is taking a step backwards, in my opinion. I'm having a blast, so far, don't want to interrupt that.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

LOL I know ya'll don't want to restart now.

Ravens WR Unit in real life

Boldin Button
Dmase and now
the Houshmenzada Button And to think I had him on my team in our Madden 10 Online Franchise.

Mark Clayton will be released.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

I also suggest 8 min quarters. 10 minutes IMO is too long
Old 09-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'm a fan of 10 mins. Takes an hour, maybe a little less, all depending on how much teams run the ball.

I like having close to the proper number of plays per game.

The fetishization of the opening day roster is misleading for the simple fact that give our salary structure, team builds that exist in real life are impossible in the OF. Many teams with top-end talent will have to let some of that talent go for our cap purposes, and there's a moderately high built-in chance that guys will walk and test the market.

"Current" rosters would only remain relatively stable for year one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm a fan of 10 mins. Takes an hour, maybe a little less, all depending on how much teams run the ball.

I like having close to the proper number of plays per game.

The fetishization of the opening day roster is misleading for the simple fact that give our salary structure, team builds that exist in real life are impossible in the OF. Many teams with top-end talent will have to let some of that talent go for our cap purposes, and there's a moderately high built-in chance that guys will walk and test the market.

"Current" rosters would only remain relatively stable for year one.
With that statement being true it would seem the salary structure isn't the best fit. I mean if you can't support a real NFL teams roster what's the point of the salary cap. That doesn't make any sense.

Even if a player walked would a team even have the resources to re-sign players when a real NFL team would. It just seems like a lot of what's been going on/happening around here is just rushed, and just wasn't thought out very well. The arguement about momentum and losing owners by waiting is BS, a OLF is ten years if you've got owners who can't wait two weeks (then, and restart now) then you can't expect them to play through ten seasons. Owneres in this league have put up with a lot of BS, and drama on these very forums, but many are suggesting they'd leave over a restart I think not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »