Home

Game Length Discussion

This is a discussion on Game Length Discussion within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Game Length Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise
I personally don't think your going to see a huge difference in stats. Ive played 7 min games online with 15 sec run off and put up similar numbers to what I do in the league. Guys like myself, AC, Va, Lb, Tomb, etc who r scoring 40+ ever game and having 500+ yds of Offense are still going to get that. Big plays are such a huge part of this yrs game that until that issue gets resolved your going to have crazy stats.
+1. Agree with this 100%.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #10
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

I don't think the time should be shortened. The stats for some games are crazy but that is a two fold problem. For one thing the locomotion needs some tweeking for the defense. This has nothing to do with the amount of game time and is like putting a band-aid on a patient with a fractured hip. Sure it may cover up the symptom but it will not fix the problem. Not to mention the fact that some of you guys hardly run the ball.(this inflates stats as well) Plus some of you(myself included) suck at some aspects of defense. So with that being said the game clock should remain as is.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #11
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

I like Well Well's idea of waiting to see if the patch actually fixes the problems on defense. If it doesn't, then we reduce the game clock from 10 to 8 or 7 minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
I like Well Well's idea of waiting to see if the patch actually fixes the problems on defense. If it doesn't, then we reduce the game clock from 10 to 8 or 7 minutes.
I think this makes the most sense.

I would want the game time reduced to 8 minutes just to shorten the amount of time it takes to play the games.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #13
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I personally don't think your going to see a huge difference in stats. Ive played 7 min games online with 15 sec run off and put up similar numbers to what I do in the league. Guys like myself, AC, Va, Lb, Tomb, etc who r scoring 40+ ever game and having 500+ yds of Offense are still going to get that. Big plays are such a huge part of this yrs game that until that issue gets resolved your going to have crazy stats.
-1...limiting the time in game limits the amount of "big plays" that could potentially happen...if your having 6 or 7 "big plays" a game then cut 3 minutes off each game and now you've potentially cut the "big plays" in half...it's simple logic...it's not a guarantee nothing is but it's logical
Old 09-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #14
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

I like the game lengths as is. If you are tired of giving up big plays then get better at defense. I also like the fact that the time that I spend playing gives me a chance to hang with all my "online" buddies. I don't want to limit that.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #15
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

Your reasoning is logical, but not what I've experienced. I personally just don't see us seeing the results that some think they'll see. This would just be a band-aid fix, it doesn't address the real problem imho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #16
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

Quote:
Your reasoning is logical, but not what I've experienced. I personally just don't see us seeing the results that some think they'll see. This would just be a band-aid fix, it doesn't address the real problem imho
I agree. I played a random the other day and I lit that dude up for over 50 points, so yeah shortening the game time isn't high on my list of things to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »