Home

ACQB M11 Season Two Rules and Regulations

This is a discussion on ACQB M11 Season Two Rules and Regulations within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2010, 02:31 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 44
Re: ACQB M11 Season Two Rules and Regulations

I read the rules and have no questions. Good luck to all in season 2.

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Follow me on twitter@UFL2012
Old 12-08-2010, 03:08 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

read and check
Old 12-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yup, that's what I expect.

The quick snap throw is abusable in all sorts of ways (slants and flats passes are the most common form). For that reason, it's disallowed globally. Taking a sack is what happens in real life when the pressure gets there before the timing of the play is complete. You should know that having Baltimore .

Guys in the league generally need to accept more that sacks are part of football. This rule is gonna stay as it is and guys need to give it a big warm fuzzy hug.
I'm going to disagree on this one. If it were simply about quick snap throws then I wouldn't have an issue. However, I purposely do not allow my QB to do the auto-drop because the further you allow him to drop the worse your protection is, unless you just cheese hike and take off running backwards. This game cannot be played like 2k8, where the auto-drop back, WR routes, and the protection are synced. In Madden this just is not the case. If the programmed drop back, protection, and WR routes were synced like they were in 2k8 then I would have no problem with this at all. But to make that assumption and force this rule in Madden is a mistake in my opinion.

Let me give you one example of a guy who uses his protection well and it works well because he does not allow his QB to drop back all the way on the programmed dropped. Now he does not throw quick passes, but he does not allow his QB to drop back all the way either. Basilik. He has the best protection of anyone I've ever played and it is because he stops the QB from dropping back.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm going to disagree on this one. If it were simply about quick snap throws then I wouldn't have an issue. However, I purposely do not allow my QB to do the auto-drop because the further you allow him to drop the worse your protection is, unless you just cheese hike and take off running backwards. This game cannot be played like 2k8, where the auto-drop back, WR routes, and the protection are synced. In Madden this just is not the case. If the programmed drop back, protection, and WR routes were synced like they were in 2k8 then I would have no problem with this at all. But to make that assumption and force this rule in Madden is a mistake in my opinion.

Let me give you one example of a guy who uses his protection well and it works well because he does not allow his QB to drop back all the way on the programmed dropped. Now he does not throw quick passes, but he does not allow his QB to drop back all the way either. Basilik. He has the best protection of anyone I've ever played and it is because he stops the QB from dropping back.
I'm gonna agree with LB here. I play BB many times when I was the Giants owner. I always wondered why I couldn't any sacks. Yet when I was the Giants who arguably have 1 of the BEST OL in the game, I was constantly getting sacked. 1 of those reason is I always allowed my QB to drop back as programmed.

I think we come to a compromise here around this issue. TM & Dubbs let me know if were gonna need to talk more about this-1
Old 12-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #21
MVP

sb24's Arena

So still not allowed to go for it to win the game?

Personally I think there should be a rule about going for it with under 3 minutes left in the game. If you are having trouble stopping a guy and have a 3 point lead, a FG does nothing. This would not apply to a 10 point lead, but I really feel guys need the option to win the game. I also dont want to see Belichick style going for it from 70 yards away.

Perfect example is our game last season Jason. You said after that game you agreed about that situation. You said we could talk about it in the offseason.

I am also surprised no one else is chiming in to say it affected a game for them. Maybe I am alone in this feeling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #22
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
I'm gonna agree with LB here. I play BB many times when I was the Giants owner. I always wondered why I couldn't any sacks. Yet when I was the Giants who arguably have 1 of the BEST OL in the game, I was constantly getting sacked. 1 of those reason is I always allowed my QB to drop back as programmed.

I think we come to a compromise here around this issue. TM & Dubbs let me know if were gonna need to talk more about this-1
I think the nature of this rule was made to prevent guys quick snapping and throwing passes. I honestly believe that if a guys takes control of his QB and does not quicksnap throw, it's not a problem. But if a guy makes a quick throw and it's recorded and we see it and it becomes a league wide problem, then we re-write the rule in season. I think that's a good compromise.
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 12-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Yeah the pre-programmed dropbacks in this game are junk.

Not only are the routes off-sync with the dropbacks, but the pre-programmed dropbacks also screw up your pass protection.

One of the biggest reasons why APF 2K8 is still miles ahead of Madden.

You don't even have to move the QB in APF 2K8; just let the auto-dropback do it's thing and get the ball out at the end of the drop.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbduces
I think the nature of this rule was made to prevent guys quick snapping and throwing passes. I honestly believe that if a guys takes control of his QB and does not quick snap throw, it's not a problem. But if a guy makes a quick throw and it's recorded and we see it and it becomes a league wide problem, then we re-write the rule in season. I think that's a good compromise.
Fully agree Admin Bully. If someone quick snap throws & you feel it was an exploit, then record-it & submit it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »