Home

Game scheduling proposal...

This is a discussion on Game scheduling proposal... within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Game scheduling proposal...

I like the idea but until after new years I'm stuck with retail hours after that I'm good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
What was the system last year? A guy had to be in 1-2 wins/losses to able to sub and not in the same division? Didn't that work out pretty well?
That system existed only in theory. It broke down pretty quickly as the number of sim games rose. If we're to do this right, we'll have to make it more formalized.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:30 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 28

The issue with moving very slowly is that we go through all of this team management and the draft and what not, and if we don't get to play many seasons, it essentially makes the draft past round 2 irrelevant.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:42 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 44

At that pace we were able to finish all 10 seasons around 2-3 weeks prior to madden 11 release (pretty cool to see Michael Bolt and the "Randy Moss" of the rookies). I agree with those that said communication is key. There will always be an adjustment period but once everyone gets on the same page it should be smooth. Regardless of what is decided you can expect us to get our games in and keep the league moving.

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Follow me on twitter@UFL2012
Old 12-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #29
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixzero
At that pace we were able to finish all 10 seasons around 2-3 weeks prior to madden 11 release (pretty cool to see Michael Bolt and the "Randy Moss" of the rookies). I agree with those that said communication is key. There will always be an adjustment period but once everyone gets on the same page it should be smooth. Regardless of what is decided you can expect us to get our games in and keep the league moving.
Kind of a question to the league that is somewhat off topic:

Last year this lasted until June? would it last longer with more advancing, or does the affect of summer have a greater pull?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 12-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:

Last year this lasted until June? would it last longer with more advancing, or does the affect of summer have a greater pull?

I'm really hoping that we can advance quicker so that we can play more seasons.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

What's wild about this group is that we played that game literally for a full calendar year. The only reason we petered out then was because of some extracurricular stuff, but that won't be a repeated issue.

I think with more seasons our commitment to playing through will only increase. Summer is summer but most of us work and can't be traveling a ton anyway. A solid sub system can guide us through owners' trips out of town.

One thing I know for sure is that we're not going to make the mistake we've made the last two years of stopping the OF as soon as M12 drops. We're not going to start until patch #2 drops. That way we don't get a half a season wasted and get off to a bad start because of the game's flaws on release day.

Probably that commitment will also keep us playing longer.

Perhaps we can spend the next week or so developing a solid plan and communication network and maybe roll out a test run around league week 4.

In the mean time, owners with good ideas about how to do this should put them forward so we can discuss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #32
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

There is absolutely no way this is going to work unless 32 owners start getting on the boards. I see the same 10 or so consistently.... I can't see a faster paced system working with numbers like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »