Home

Injury Glitch (Read please)

This is a discussion on Injury Glitch (Read please) within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2010, 05:31 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Injury Glitch (Read please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbduces
The penalty is going to be declined. I'm not arguing it, and I think it's pretty wack to do that mess. Everyone will decline the penalty on the first one after a injury, if it happens after that accept away.
I'd suggest editing your first post to reflect this change.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #10
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I'd suggest editing your first post to reflect this change.

Will do........(10)
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 12-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbduces
The penalty is going to be declined. I'm not arguing it, and I think it's pretty wack to do that mess. Everyone will decline the penalty on the first one after a injury, if it happens after that accept away.
What about the same play clock shortening on the first drive of the game/half and the first play after a turnover? Those plays are subject to the same shortening of the clock for the same programming reason. Are you saying that we need to extend the grace period to injuries only and not those other cases?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Yeah it is just dumb to decline these.

I have never heard of any one complaining about the decreased clock on first drive of a possession.

This is the exact same situation.

Guys should know to expect a shortened clock in those situations. That's how it happens in the NFL.

If they didn't know about it beforehand, now they do thanks to this thread.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Yeah it is just dumb to decline these.

I have never heard of any one complaining about the decreased clock on first drive of a possession.

This is the exact same situation.

Guys should know to expect a shortened clock in those situations. That's how it happens in the NFL.

If they didn't know about it beforehand, now they do thanks to this thread.
Is Madden too sim?! Lol! Yeah I personally disagree with this rule, but it's pretty harmless either way.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 9

It cheesy and lame to accept the injury delay of game penalties. The placlock starts during the injury cutscene. So my already shortened playclock is running, even though I don't have the option to select a play. God help you if you get the cart cutscene. Even if you select your play quickly, its not uncommon to be breaking the huddle with only seconds to spare.

"This is what happens in the real NFL." - Seriously? And how may delay of game penalties do you see in the real NFL after an injury occurs? How often do you see the playclock running while the injured player is still being tended to on the field? I suppose if the player can't get up before the clock runs down, play is started anyway and they just play around him huh? Give me a break.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I think the original question wasn't whether delay of game penalties might be declined per se, it was why does the rule seem to apply only to injuries but not to other situations where the game shortens the clock, such as the first play of the half, or the first play after a turnover. That was my question anyway.

Seems like it would be consistent to say decline in all of those situations, but inconsistent to say decline in one (injury) but not in the others.

This is a good discussion, either way. Doesn't really make much difference to me so long as the rule is clear and consistent.

On that point, what does "get dealt with mean" exactly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

You say in real life coaches have time to "think about their play" during the injury as if that is exclusive to real life, but the same is also true in Madden.

Just because the play call screen isn't up doesn't mean you can't think about what play to run.

I don't think I have ever taken a delay penalty in Madden for coming out of the huddle too slow in shortened clock situations. It takes maybe 4 or 5 seconds to break the huddle and snap the ball in Madden.

If I take a delay, it's always because I got caught up making too many changes at the line of scrimmage.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-22-2010 at 11:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »