Home

Old 01-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 28
Fumble bug

Hey guys,

I wanted to bring this up because it happened in my game against Silk last week and my game against Don Bellegachi this week. What happens is the offensive team fumbles the ball and then they get it back and then they are awarded a first down. In my game against Silk this happened on 2nd and 18. He would have had 3rd and 20. The game gave him a first down and he ended up scoring on the drive. This happened in my game against Don, except this time, I had the ball. Instead of just playing through I decided to take a knee twice to make it 3rd and 14, as this is what it would have been had the game been able to get the fumble right.

I am proposing a rule, that when this happens, the offense needs to do the honorable thing and make the down and distance correct. Either take a knee or just run backwards and go down in the right place. We are here to play real football, not to take advantage of the ****ty Madden bugs. Admins, please let me know what you think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: Fumble bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Hey guys,

I wanted to bring this up because it happened in my game against Silk last week and my game against Don Bellegachi this week. What happens is the offensive team fumbles the ball and then they get it back and then they are awarded a first down. In my game against Silk this happened on 2nd and 18. He would have had 3rd and 20. The game gave him a first down and he ended up scoring on the drive. This happened in my game against Don, except this time, I had the ball. Instead of just playing through I decided to take a knee twice to make it 3rd and 14, as this is what it would have been had the game been able to get the fumble right.

I am proposing a rule, that when this happens, the offense needs to do the honorable thing and make the down and distance correct. Either take a knee or just run backwards and go down in the right place. We are here to play real football, not to take advantage of the ****ty Madden bugs. Admins, please let me know what you think.
I applaud you for doing the honorable thing in our game.

"I went to games as a Knicks fan, they had Strickland, they traded him....and ever since then son, I HATED THEM!" - Nature
Old 01-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
Banned

No problem man. I wish that had happened in my other game.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:48 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 44

I thought everybody would do the same thing... Am I wrong here? This happened to me once before in a big game that had playoff implications and I could've been a cheese ball and left it as is but then it would have been unfair and frustrating for my opponent. Let's all use common sense here fellas'.

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Follow me on twitter@UFL2012
Old 01-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixzero
I thought everybody would do the same thing... Am I wrong here? This happened to me once before in a big game that had playoff implications and I could've been a cheese ball and left it as is but then it would have been unfair and frustrating for my opponent. Let's all use common sense here fellas'.
Unfortunately six, not everyone does the same thing, i.e. my game against the Cardinals. I even paused the game to send him a message and he just ignored it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Unfortunately six, not everyone does the same thing, i.e. my game against the Cardinals. I even paused the game to send him a message and he just ignored it.
I am tired of you taking shots at me, that is the third time you have brought that up, if you say that play cost you the game, then i am sorry, i mean if that is a rule, then we should also never take roughing the passer penalties, but i bet no one wants to turn those down and they are utter bs, so I will apologize for not doing whatever in the hell you thought that i should have done, but to be real with you, there was no rule in place, and you caught a bad break, but that play( the second of the game) did not cost you the game, so quit acting like it did.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
I am tired of you taking shots at me, that is the third time you have brought that up, if you say that play cost you the game, then i am sorry, i mean if that is a rule, then we should also never take roughing the passer penalties, but i bet no one wants to turn those down and they are utter bs, so I will apologize for not doing whatever in the hell you thought that i should have done, but to be real with you, there was no rule in place, and you caught a bad break, but that play( the second of the game) did not cost you the game, so quit acting like it did.
Silk, did you read my post game write up? I gave you props for winning the game. That play didn't cost me the game, nor did I ever say it did. I also wasn't trying to take shots at you. That being said, I don't think a rule should be in place for someone to know what to do in that case, don't you think? When it happened in my other game, I was the beneficiary, and it wasn't a hard decision for me. Like I said in my post game write up, you played a better game and you deserved to win, so don't make it sound like I didn't pay you any respect in regards to the outcome of the game.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:00 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 44

After reading the 1st post again Taz is simply proposing a rule. I don't think he was taking shots at your at all since he mentioned it happened in another game as well.

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Follow me on twitter@UFL2012

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »