Home

Are we done as a league?

This is a discussion on Are we done as a league? within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Are we done as a league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
You guys should come back to APF 2K8.

Hex editing has changed the game and made it a lot better.

Madden 11 is garbage, and I think that's reflected in how quickly interest in this year's league fizzled out.
hex editing is the reason that i wont play that game, not going to play with someone who took the time out to make all of their players gold, or a bunch of 99 speed players running all over the field. Madden 11 was a better game than APF was by far, but this league just never recovered from some issues, and there were some great games that are taking peoples attention from madden, like nba 2k11, call of duty, wrestlemania, and fifa, so I dont think that going back to APF solves nothing, just think this league as we knew it will never exist again. this was not a madden problem, but a personnel problem.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Ding ding ding. Whether a game is fun or not certainly has lots to do with the way the game itself is built, but it also has a lot to do with the people you're playing the game with.

The chemistry that defined the league in its first years is gone. "ACQB" might endure as a name for a league that people play Madden in, but the spirit of the thing is long gone.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Playing randoms sucks in any game.

League play in APF 2K8 has gotten a ton better with the addition of hex editing. The league I'm in now is rolling with 26 NFL teams.

We use the editing to give extra abilities for defenders, and it has made the normally offense-heavy game of APF 2K8 much better.

You guys should give it a shot again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Don't you guys still have like 20 owners?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 02-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

We'll it seems like were done as a league. Do people wanna finish the season, or should we just end-it as is?
Old 02-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 9

I for one, am done. It has been a ton of fun to play in the ACQB. I can honestly say that this was one of the deepest leagues I've played in from off-season stuff, FA, trades, the cap etc. Had a blast playing against pretty much everyone here. And I even got to use my Cowboys for a few seasons. I wish everyone well. To all the comishes, whether I always agreed with every decision you guys made or not, the comish job is a thankless one. Getting 32 different grown men to meet deadlines, play games, manage cap space AND get along is a rough job. I appreciate everything you guys did behind the scenes so that we could play football 2-3 times a week and get sim, quality Madden games.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 44

The decision to finish the league is not mine but if that is what the majority of the league decides then it is what it is. The rivalry game between the Packers and Vikings never did happen but maybe it was for the best. I know the guys from Old Timers that are in this league are still playing madden hard and on a consistent basis. All active team owners that would like to continue playing are more then welcome to stop by our forum and/or contact Oliver44. I met a lot of cool guys and great personalities, thanks again ACQB!

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Follow me on twitter@UFL2012
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 9

I think guys have lost it, sorry to see that, but thanks for letting me in, we at old Timers love this game no matter what so we are still going strong

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »