Home

Old 01-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #17
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: The Eagles Nest

Eagles win 11th in a row 48-14 over the Browns.

McCoy runs in a TD against the Browns

The Eagles continued their winning ways a home victory against the visiting Cleveland Browns.

The offense rolled up 320 rushing yards behind Shady McCoy's 179 yards and Frank Gore's 103 yards and 2 TD's. Mike Vick threw for 211 yards on 14-18 throwing and he also had 2 TD's.

The Browns Matt Schaub threw for 246 yards and a TD, but also threw 3 INT's, including 1 to the Eagles 1st rounder Cornel Patrick, which he returned for a 45 yard TD.

Fast Stats from the game:

The Eagles were 7/7 on 3rd down conversions

Shady McCoy had two 71 yard runs in the game.

The Eagles 1st rounder, Cornel Patrick, had a INT that he returned 45 yards for a TD. It was his first career INT.

2nd Year WR Jawan Sales had his 2nd game in a row with a TD, showing off the talent the Eagles envisioned when the drafted him in the 2nd round last year.

FA signing Brandon Meriweather has 2 INT's in his first 2 Eagles games.

"We really played smart in all phases of the game tonight. We played a very hot team and played better than I thought we would. I just hope we can continue to play as well as we have and have a good season. Much respect for setstr8 and the Browns, I believe his building a winning franchise over there. GG setstr8!" Coach dubb40 said after the game.

Up next:
The Eagles start a 2 game stretch of road games against CAR (0-1)

Highlights:

SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 01-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #18

dubbduces's Arena

Eagles drop first game of the season behind 14 questionable points.

The Eagles went into Carolina expecting a tough matchup and got that defensively, but on offense Carolina scored two cheap touchdowns and ended up winning by 4.

"Everyone always wants to say "My bad" and stuff when they tip toe the lines of the rules, but in reality it doesn't take the points off the board. It puts me in a bad spot as a commissioner to try and police gameplay when I'm playing because it always gets misconstrued." Said dub40 after the game.

The 14 points in question were a early quick hike and rollout pass for a TD, and an Antavio Bolton slight zig-zag TD. On both plays the Panthers were on 3rd down.

"Both plays are clearly stated in the rulebook as things that are not allowed, but I have to remember that everyone may not have a grasp of the rules."

Fast Notes from the game:

FS Brandon Meriweather had his 3rd pick in as many games.

This was the Eagles 1st rain game in the life of the franchise.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie had his first INT of the season.

Mike Vick threw his first INT this season.

Madden 15- Saints
Old 01-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #19

dubbduces's Arena

Eagles pull away from Redskins behind balanced rushing attack.

Washington- The Eagles got back on the winning side of things with a convincing victory over the Redskins, who were without their coach. LeSean McCoy and Mike Vick both paced the rushing attack with 71 yards apiece and Jamie Brooks chipped in with 5 receptions for 87 yards and a TD. On the defensive side of things, Donte Moch and Trent Cole both had 2 sacks (II) and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Brandon Meriweather both had INT's.

"We just have to take each game one at a time and continue to grind out victories, and continue to try and control all phases of the game. Our division looks to be tough and we need to win as many games as we can to ensure we make the playoffs." Coach dubb40 said after the game.

Notes from the game:

The Eagles had 4 rushers with 50 plus yards (McCoy 71, Vick 71, Gore 58, Gibbons 54)

FS Brandon Meriweather had his 4th INT in as many games.

The Eagles had their 2nd safety of the season. The first happened in the season opener against the Cowboys.

Trent Cole had his 60th sack this game, giving him an average of 20 a season.

Up next:

vs. New Orleans (1-2)

Game Highlights:

Madden 15- Saints
Old 01-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
Rookie

vaughn99's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbduces

The 14 points in question were a early quick hike and rollout pass for a TD, and an Antavio Bolton slight zig-zag TD. On both plays the Panthers were on 3rd down.

This was the Eagles 1st rain game in the life of the franchise.
I know nothing about these calls / plays, but . . .

I never know what construes a "quick hike" -- how long is the offense supposed to wait to see if the D is changing formations and then how far down is the offense supposed to let the clock run when they finally do start moving around? Such a weird thing . . .

FIRST RAIN GAME? HOLY SH!T! 80% of my home games are rain/snow.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #21

dubbduces's Arena

I messed the description up. What happened was a hike, quick rollout, without any drop back (to break the zone) td. It's all good, I just wish guys would read the rules....

Madden 15- Saints
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #22

dubbduces's Arena

Eagles turn up the pressure in the 2nd half, score 33 in the second half for a win over the Saints.

Brandon Graham celebrates after his 3rd quarter FR for TD.

PHILADELPHIA- The Eagles started off this game in a funk offensively or defensively. The Saints were moving the football at will, and the Saints defense, led by Na'Quan Watson were getting in the defensive backfield at will.

The Saints went into the locker room leading 15-6 at halftime. In the locker room at halftime, coach dubb40 preached patience and defense.

In the 2nd half, it worked. The Eagles scored 33 points after halftime behind 2 defensive TD's and played steady offense and won the game.

"We needed a win like this, the Saints were a quality opponent and really had us on the ropes for a second there, but our defense really stepped up and led us to the victory." Coach dubb40 said after the game.

Quick notes from the game:

SFL Bowl X MVP Davasia Wells returned a Drew Brees INT 37 yards for a TD. It is his 1st INT this season.

DeSean Jackson had his longest (II) reception of the year with a game breaking 62 yard TD reception.

Trent Cole and Donte Moch both have 7 sacks (II) on the season.

GG Andrew!!! Good luck on the season!

Highlights:

Madden 15- Saints
Old 01-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #23

dubbduces's Arena

Eagles defeat Cardinals 16-13 in NFC Conference Championship rematch.

DeSean Jackson putting the Eagles in FG range in OT.

PHOENIX- The Eagles continued their winning ways this season winning a defensive slugfest over the homesteading Cardinals. In a game that only featured 2 touchdowns by both teams, (Gore, Meachem) the Eagles won the turnover battle and won on a 49 yard FG by Adam Henery to win the game.

"Marvin is one of the best players I have encountered in the game and I really enjoy playing him, we were fortunate to win this game that could have went any way." Coach dubb40 said after the game.

Quick notes from the game:

Davasia Walls had 2 Int's in the game giving him 6 on the season. (5 in last 2 games)

The Eagles forced 4 turnovers in the game.

K Adam Henery kicked his 4th GW field goal of his career.

The Cardinals were dealt their 1st home loss of the season.

Highlights:

Madden 15- Saints
Old 01-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #24

dubbduces's Arena

Eagles win matchup of last 2 SFL BOWL Champions 44-17

Rookie RB Montrell Gibbons scores his 1st career TD.

BALTIMORE- The Eagles entered M&T Stadium wanting to get some momentum going early to get the crowd out of the game early. The started the game going tit-for-tat with the Ravens, going into the locker room at halftime tied up 17-17. The 2nd half started with the team taking a 3 and out and punting the football, but shortly after that, Stanford Routt hit home and forced Joe Flacco into a fumble that the Eagles Mike Patterson recovered and the Eagles never looked back. The defense forced 5 turnovers with 2 of them by Davasia Walls, who had 2 INT's on the day pushing his season total to 8. Shady McCoy had 168 yards on 14 carries and 2 TD's as the Eagles rolled on the road 44-17. "I'm honestly surprised with the final score as LB is one of the best players I have ever faced and I have no idea how the game got out of hand so quickly." Coach dubb40 said after the game.

2nd year CB Davasia Walls has 7 INT's in his last 3 games.

Rookie RB Montrell Gibbons had his 1st career rushing TD

The Ravens were held 0/9 on 3rd down.

RB LeSean McCoy had his 30th TD of this Madden cycle.

In the Eagles last 18 games (including playoffs) they are 17-1.

GG LB! Good Luck on the rest of the season!

Highlights:

Madden 15- Saints

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »