Home

Pardon The Interruption

This is a discussion on Pardon The Interruption within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Pardon The Interruption

///////PARDON\\\\\\\
///////THE\\\\\\\
///////INTERRUPTION\\\\\\\

Mike Wilbon: Pardon the Interruption but I'm Mike Wilbon, Tony...we've got Pro Bowlers going at it, the fast, athletic, "Just Win Baby Win" Oakland Raider players made out of paper mache', the league being taken over by young players...Have we seen it all?

Tony Kornheiser
: I'm Tony Kornheiser and has Buffalo found a running game??

MW: Uh...I don't think so.

TK: Then no we haven't seen it all.

MW: But look at their running backs!

TK: Yeah I'm looking...and CJ Spiller looks like a muscular version of that "Who You Finna Try" guy and Fred Jackson looks like he abuses his indentured servants on Thursdays and Saturdays.

MW: Haha that's messed up! I actually like Fred Jackson because he runs and plays hard when he gets his touches.

TK: Yeah and that's the same thing his indentured servants have been complaining about...but Welcome to PTI boys and girls in Today's episode we talk Roddy White vs. Charles Woodson, FORL3F vs. The League, and Oakland vs. the SFL Cover Curse...but first we begin with the #1 pick. Mike...in your mind who do you think will get the #1 pick...and who do you think NEEDS the #1 pick?

MW: Cleveland....and that's it.

TK: And that's it?

MW: Yeah that's it. They are stuck in a division with Baltimore, who recently face palmed YOUR Texans, Cincinnati, who is a surprising 4-2 with the help of that defense of theirs, Pittsburgh who...is Pittsburgh.

TK: But Pittsburgh hasn't played well at all!

MW: But they are Pittsburgh! You don't think they'll turn this record around to atleast contend for a wild card?

TK: No! Their defense looks old, Bathroom Ben forgot to wash his hands, and the running game is non-existent. Let me tell you who is going to get that #1 pick and that's the Jaguars.

MW: No way!

TK: Yes way! Look at their schedule. They play vs. the Ravens, At the Texans, bye week, At the Colts, At the Browns, vs. the Texans again, then the Chargers on Monday Night, Buccaneers, Falcons, Titans, and Colts again honestly I only see them beating the Browns and the Buccaneers and MAYBE the Chargers. That's only 3 wins!

MW: No Jacksonville can beat the Colts, the Browns, AND the Texans...heck they can beat the Buccaneers too!

TK: But will they is the question! But the team that NEEDS the #1 pick...*thinks*...I guess it really is the Browns. Actually I think they are a couple of #1 picks away from even being relevant in that division.

MW: See finally we can agree on something. Next topic...Tony i'm going to name off teams and you're going to tell me if they are Contenders or Pretenders starting with the AFC.

TK: Alright shoot!

MW: Baltimore Ravens.

TK: Contenders. They beat the Titans, man handled the Jets, and destroyed MY Texans. They have to be contenders.

MW: Miami Dolphins...

TK: Contenders. But if Karlos Dansby goes down at anytime during the season for an extended period of time...

MW: Yeah then this team could be in trouble. He single handily holds that defense together.

TK: I agree with that.

MW: How about the Oakland Raiders?

TK: I'm on the fence with this one...not just because the string of injuries but because of who they have played. They are in a weak division...they've played the Broncos, who isn't necessarily much of a threat, the Buffalo Bills who are one dimensional, the Jets who are slumping, almost lost to a struggling Patriots team, beat the Texans, Browns, and Chiefs but no real signature wins.

MW: What more signature do you need then an injury riddled team STILL busting teams upside the head in the black hole?

TK: I don't know but when they go IN TO Miami and beat the Dolphins single handily THEN I'll be impressed. So until then I'll say undecided.

MW: That's going to be a good game.

TK: That it will be. But if the team keeps hanging around Greg Oden and Yao Ming then they may not even have a full roster to send to Miami to play the dolphins.

MW: Haha once the injury bug leaves town then the league will REALLY need to watch out. How about the Tennessee Titans?

TK: Ok the team nobody saw coming...Hmm...I'm going to say pretender.

MW: What?!?

TK: You heard me! Pretender! Look at their schedule. They played the Jags who have how many wins Wilbon?

MW: Zero.

TK: Ok and they lost to a good Ravens team like they were supposed to.

MW: But did you see that game?? That game could have easily gone the other way.

TK: But did it? No it didn't. They barely scrapped by a Broncos team who YOU don't think is any good. They beat the Browns who have how many wins Wilbon?

MW: Zero...

TK: Ok and they massacred a Steelers team who JUST got their first win against another sorry team in the Jags see Wilbon the Titans haven't played ANYBODY. They've just showed up to the stadium and got forfeit wins. Tell you what if they beat the Texans and Colts....and THEN Beat the Panthers in Carolina and YOUR Falcons IN Atlanta in that GA Dome where Matty Ice is the Frozen Throne King....THEN I'll MAYBE consider this a Contender.

MW: I don't see the Titans beating both Carolina AND Atlanta in both of their homes.

TK: Of course not. At best they'll get one of those wins. But not both.

MW: But I will say this though I think the Titans are going to surprise a lot of people come playoff time...But now moving over to the NFC we'll start off with the New York Giants.

TK: The Giants I'm going to say undecided but I'm more on the pretender side. I still think Philadelphia comes out of this division on top with Dallas grabbing the Wild Card spot thus putting the Giants at #3.

MW: So you have no faith in one half of the glory brothers?

TK: No I don't. He is no Tom Brady, He is not Drew Brees...and he's most definitely NOT his older brother.

MW: But they both have a ring apiece!

TK: But who has the hall of fame numbers?? Exactly.

MW: The Giants are going to win that division and Philly is going to get the Wild Card. Just you watch....How about the Green Bay Packers?

TK: Believe it or not despite the league hating Coach Forl3f...I say Contender. Possible NFC representative in the Super Bowl.

MW: Wow!

TK: They have put up 230 points...on a 4 game streak, 3 of those wins from ForL3f. This is the team he grew up rooting for so he knows the ins and outs of the team. Clay Matthews is playing like Clay Matthews, Aaron Rodgers is finding Jennings and Finley with ease and that running game is getting better. After they beat Atlanta you just kind of have to believe in this team.

MW: And what about the jarring back and forth between Roddy White and Charles Woodson?

TK: Let me ask you this. How many rings does Charles Woodson have?

MW: 1

TK: How many does Roddy White have?

MW: 0

TK: Case closed! Next team!

MW: Fair enough. MY boys...the Atlanta Falcons?

TK: Contenders. Their offense is way to explosive to NOT be in the play offs and make a deep run at it. Julio Jones, in my opinion, is Offensive rookie of the year with quarterback Jake Locker and running back Mark Ingram coming in at 2a. and 2b. When you have to account for EVERY SINGLE PLAYER on the offensive side of the ball?? That's going to cause headaches.

MW: But last week you was just saying how Atlanta is unworthy after starting 1-1 and barely getting by to a 3-1 record?

TK: They are unworthy. But that doesn't deny them their greatness. Just makes me sleep better at night.

MW: Hahaha ok last team then we're out of here...the Seattle Seahawks?

TK: Ok first and foremost this has got to arguably the most talkative division I've ever seen in years.

MW: I'll second that.

TK: And the talent isn't even that great with any of those 4 teams.

MW: I'll second that one too.

TK: So I'll say this....I say ALL 4 of the teams in the NFC West are pretenders. One of them will get in the playoffs by default and then be one and done. Seattle has no quaterback, Arizona only has Fitzgerald an--

MW: Wait wait wait wait wait ok you're done talking. Arizona is a GREAT team. They have great coaching and Fitzgerald is only a piece of what they do so great. They hold teams in check on the defensive side of the ball and win games. That's what great teams do. That's what the Packers did last year and that's what the Saints did before that, and the Steelers did before them. This is now a passing league. You have to have that one great receiver and great complements to go with him. Fitzgerald has Early Doucet, Stephen Williams, who had a MONSTER game the other day...but you were probably asleep for that huh?

TK: No I saw that game and I admit I was impressed...but only a smidget.

MW: You're a h a t e r. Plain and simple. This team is going to knock out a team in the playoffs. Might even be my Falcons depending on the seeding.

TK: Well Arizona maybe could but I don't think another team in this division can. San Fran can't stop teams from scoring on them and St. Louis who did a whole lot of talking before the beginning of the season has been hush hush of late.

MW: That's because Coach TwoSilk still hasn't removed his foot from his mouth.

TK: Ahhh out of time we'll try to do better the next time. I'm Tony Kornheiser.

MW: And I'm Mike Wilbon join us same time tomorrow knuckle heads. You can catch PTI anytime on SFL360 and SFL Live Radio Talk Show. Let's go back to Bristol!

TK: Goodnight Canada!

Last edited by Simile000; 10-01-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
Rookie

vaughn99's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Pardon The Interruption

Great job - I know that was a lot of work! A little less Cleveland-bashing would be nice, but hey, we're an easy target!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughn99
Great job - I know that was a lot of work! A little less Cleveland-bashing would be nice, but hey, we're an easy target!
Hahaha it's all out of fun. I have allegiance to no one when I do my write ups. Hopefully nobody feels disrespected by this. Thanks for reading though sir.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18
Good read. Not sure how the Cards only have Fitzgerald when we won back to back games without him. Kolb is the NFC starting pro bowl qb and put up 440 yards 5 Tds 0 ints last week with all 60's rated wrs. Outside of Jake Locker no QB is playing better than him. But we know we have a lot to prove this season
Old 10-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
Good read. Not sure how the Cards only have Fitzgerald when we won back to back games without him. Kolb is the NFC starting pro bowl qb and put up 440 yards 5 Tds 0 ints last week with all 60's rated wrs. Outside of Jake Locker no QB is playing better than him. But we know we have a lot to prove this season
Lol true story. Tony Kornheiser was the one hating on you. Mike Wilbon had your back. That's kind of how some teams in the league feel about you. Your team isn't the "sexy pick" (pause) but you have a great team so your team is severely slept on. My little way of giving you your due credit my good sir
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
MVP

d11king's Arena

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm mad!

Nice post man, I was gonna post this on my team page, just about the Vikings. I'll find something else lol.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
Banned

jd102's Arena

OVR: 6

great post bro i can tell u put lots of thot into it... it also gives me a couple ideas for my tem page
Old 10-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm mad!

Nice post man, I was gonna post this on my team page, just about the Vikings. I'll find something else lol.
Yeah bro I got the idea from you in our other league. Thought I'd bring it over here since this league has more dedicated members.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »