Home

DOLPHINS PLAYSTYLE!

This is a discussion on DOLPHINS PLAYSTYLE! within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: DOLPHINS PLAYSTYLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbduces
It's clear that you don't understand why you are being brought to task.

Like it has been stated, people are saying you bump the receivers when they go across the middle.
Not 1 or 2 people have said it, many people have said it.

I can understand you wanting to defend yourself, but I don't believe people are lying.

I don't really have a problem with you personally, but if it is found that you are playing "tourney style" you will be removed from the league.

Simple and plain.
Like I Have Said Before I May Have Bumped A Couple Receivers. I Have Not Bumped Everyone. Most Of His Picks Were In The Air Where Dansby Would Be No Where Near The Receiver Dont See How Many People Have Told U That If It Hasnt Happened To All The People. I Dont Remember All The Games I Have Played I Do Know I Havent Bumped Alot Of People. But I Wouldnt Want To Bump The Wr In The First Place Just Because Of The Risk Of A Pass Interference. The Bumps Are Obviously Not Intentional. I Think Most, Not All The People Who Have Said That, Are Just Agreeing To Agree Or Just To Create Conflict.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #18
Rookie

Shards's Arena

OVR: 0

I understand the basic difference of tourney style vs. sim style but I think we are splitting hairs. Is he going for it on fourth down? No. Is he running "money plays" the whole game? I don't know. We have to keep, the fact that this is never going to be anything more than madden, in perspective. If he was bumping guys, wasn't getting a penalty called on him, and no one mentioned their objection until week 12 then something isn't working right. If something seems cheap then mention it to the player and talk to an admin. This way it won't feel like a witch hunt.

While Dansby is leading the league and ready to set the single season INT record both Trent Cole and Jermaine Cunningham are on pace to break the single season sack record. Granted it isn't as much of a gap but the fact still remains. I know Dubb and AC are vets but shouldn't they be questioned if we are using the whole "record breaking year" argument? Also this is a new game and QBs are throwing an insane amount of Interceptions. As a team he only has 6 more picks than the next team. (stats used were from week 10).

I think we need to separate the two issues at this point.

1. Is he doing something with dansby that is frowned upon and if so what rule can be made to clarify this.

2. Is he playing "tourney style"? What dictates this and what should the rule read to stop this.

Just a tip to Sinister. Don't capitalize every word. I know it's a small thing but it makes everyone instantly biased against what you are saying. It's like capitalizing every other letter. I don't know why you do it but I think you would see a benefit in not doing that.

Also I would like to setup a scrimmage so I can see dansby at work. If I don't like what he does I'll let you know why. I'll be on tonight and later Wednesday.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #19
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
AC and Dubb aren't called out b/c I can pretty much guarantee they aren't controlling those dlineman. Striker is controlling Dansby. I know guys are throwing careless picks(I'm one of them), but either striker is that much better than others that control the MLB, or something's up. And after playing the likes of LB, AC, Dubb, and Truth; I find it difficult to believe he's that much better than them. That's my opinion.

Also, if it was really on the passers, others would also see crazy interception numbers. Shards, you compared team turnover numbers, but we aren't talking about teams. We're talking about individuals. I looked, and at one point, I think Dansby himself caused almost 30 turnovers. This is a league w/ Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis, Demarcus Ware, James Harrison, and Terrell Suggs. I know it's a video game, but I'm sorry, if Dansby has numbers like that, something is up. Again, just my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 10-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #20
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23

I understand your point Shards and that is duly noted. Once again, no one complained to me, I heard a complaint and asked around the same as I have done for many others when the first get into the league (as I once did for you (Shards) months ago) I never even intended for this to get as crazy as it has gotten as I talked to this guy outside of the forums and he decided to bring it here. I never control Cole and after playing AC yesterday, I can say that he did not control Cunningham either. The thing with the bumping WR's is the fact that madden doesnt call PI there unless you tackle a guy and it's a known tournament tactic to do that with a MLB. I'm not playing a scrim to see this as experience tells me that the game will be played as straight as possible and the following week Dansby will have 5-6 INT's again. I assure you there is no witch hunt in effect I'm just making sure there is no funny business the same as I would with anyone else.
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 10-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #21
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

I was going to keep mum on the issue with Miami, but since its become an open forum...

There's a difference between chucking(RB button) a player, which is legal within 5 yards, and running into or strafing into a offensive player that either makes him come to a complete stop or has him running in place(tron jogging).

The Redskins owner literally just played him a day or two ago and just stated that there was "bumping here and there". Well, bumping here and there at least twice a game will give you the upper hand in getting INTs.

Does there really need to be a rule for things like this? It should be pretty clear if your not chucking a player within 5 yards or hitting "Y" button to go for the INT/make a play on the ball, you shouldn't be touching an offensive player.

Period.

A lot of this could be nipped in the bud if both parties were communicating with one another during games like the rule states. A lot of issues can be solved with common sense as well...

I could care less what the end result of this thread leads to, and don't really see what good a scrimmage does at this point in the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #22

dubbduces's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simile000

^^^ This is what everything after the first couple of posts was doing here. Sinister knows to be more careful with his defensive tactics. It was brought to the forums but at least there is a clear understanding to watch that ish. Now can we get back to some more important matters? Like...who will hit 50 ints first TwoSilk or BlackDiamond?

If you dont have anything to say on the matter that is relevant, why even post?

Madden 15- Saints
Old 10-19-2011, 12:39 AM   #23
Rookie

Shards's Arena

OVR: 0

I hope both Dubb and AC know that my comment was not a knock on you guys. Just an example and those seemed most comparable. I haven't played this guy but every debate deserves two sides or everything succumbs to the group think theory. Even though it may not be a witch hunt I'm sure it seems like one on his side.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:39 AM   #24

dubbduces's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shards
I hope both Dubb and AC know that my comment was not a knock on you guys. Just an example and those seemed most comparable. I haven't played this guy but every debate deserves two sides or everything succumbs to the group think theory. Even though it may not be a witch hunt I'm sure it seems like one on his side.

I know it wasn't a knock, you were just looking at every side of the argument and there is nothing wrong with that.

Madden 15- Saints

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »