Home

Week 12 Game of the Week

This is a discussion on Week 12 Game of the Week within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Week 12 Game of the Week

My game of the week for Week 12 is the 8-2 Atlanta Falcons versus the 7-3 Minnesota Vikings. There are 8 teams in the playoff hunt for the NFC (Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, Vikings, Falcons, Bucs, Cardinals and Seahawks), so this game could be the game that prevents one team from making the post season and allowing another to stay in the hunt for a championship.

On one side, you have Truth and the high scoring Atlanta Falcons. This team is the most talented team on the offensive of the ball in the league who are lead by signal caller Matt Ryan; he's having a good season with over 3000 yards and 21 passing TD's. Atlanta's receiving corp is second to none, with Julio the Great and the Roddy "The Button" White on the outside along with Tony Gonzalez at TE. Michael Turner is a very good back but has since his numbers decline because of Truth's emphasis towards the passing game. I can't forget about the Falcons defense who have 43 sacks so far and are 6th in Passing Yards allowed. The weaknesses I see in the Falcons is the 20 INT's Matt Ryan has thrown; if you catch him on a bad day, they may not be able to recover. Another weakness is the lack of turnovers forced and they're average in terms of rushing yards allowed.

On the other side, the Vikings led by d11king are playing above expectations. The clear and undisputed leader of the Vikings is workhorse RB Adrian Peterson who is leading the league in rushing yards with 1,165 and is tied for second for TD's with 13 on the ground. AP is fast, powerful and almost unstoppable; teams are really gonna have to focus on him to slow down the Vikings attack. When AP isn't getting the ball, rookie QB Christian Ponder has been solid for the Vikings and has really gotten in sync with Percy Harvin, Kyle Rudolph and Visanthe Shiancoe. The Vikings defense is overall a solid run stuffing unit by allowing only 769 yards so far. However, the pass defense has a lot of room for improvement by allowing over 2000 yards in the air.

How will this thing shake out? The Vikings can control the game and the clock by giving it to Adrian Peterson a whole lot and he'll have a big day (over 100 yards and at least 1 TD). The success on the ground will set up some good situations for Ponder to make some plays, but at the end of the day, I see Ponder making one poor pass which will hurt the Vikes. Atlanta won't need to run the ball, because Matt Ryan will dissect the Vikings weak secondary as long as he stays upright (pause). I see Atlanta winning because their offense has too many weapons to be stopped and the defense will get the crucial stops needed to win.

Final score:

Minnesota 21
Atlanta 31

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
Banned

jd102's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Week 12 Game of the Week

i saw yours right atfer i got done postin mines i like yours better though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »