Home

Changes for season 2??

This is a discussion on Changes for season 2?? within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Changes for season 2??

As you all know this is a league for the players, so with that being said, we can use this thread as a sounding boards, for ANY possible changes you would like to see, this could be gameplay, salary cap, FA any changes you would like to see to the league that would keep this league as the premier XBOX 360 out here. No pointing fingers, lets not make this negative please, no accusing no calling out playstyles, but if there is a playstyle you are not happy about just call out the playstyle not the user.

Thanks again from the admin team for a great first season!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Changes for season 2??

This young guy's career is almost Jamarcus Russell like right now...
also...

If he stay away from her and bathrooms.. and work on his TD/INT ratio...
and finally...

Apparently just works for the opposing 31 teams.. with 58 picks.. this year..
Old 11-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Cap is too high, guys with stacked teams should have to make tough decisions resigning/cutting players. Half the league has 10 million or more in free cap space, that's a problem. Cap should be like 116 million

Last edited by TheKingOfVa; 11-02-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
Cap is too high, guys with stacked teams should have to make tough decisions resigning/cutting players.
was thinking the same thing there are teams with over 40 million dollars in space i think we will have to revamp the cap a little especially with the contracts that XFN is letting you resign your stars for
Old 11-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth1566

This young guy's career is almost Jamarcus Russell like right now...
also...

If he stay away from her and bathrooms.. and work on his TD/INT ratio...
and finally...

Apparently just works for the opposing 31 teams.. with 58 picks.. this year..
and this helps in what way????????????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
was thinking the same thing there are teams with over 40 million dollars in space i think we will have to revamp the cap a little especially with the contracts that XFN is letting you resign your stars for
Yeah stars getting dirt cheap contracts. Look at Arian Fosters (92 rated) contract, something needs to be done about that. No way does a star RB in his prime resign for 3.9 million per year, fresh off a 2,000 yard season. Compare that to Adrian Peterson getting over 10 million per season.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
Yeah stars getting dirt cheap contracts. Look at Arian Fosters (92 rated) contract, something needs to be done about that. No way does a star RB in his prime resign for 3.9 million per year, fresh off a 2,000 yard season. Compare that to Adrian Peterson getting over 10 million per season.
Yeah I was curious to see the kind of contract Arian would have compared to AP and CJ, cause I know in real life, he'd be a holdout until he was in the area.

I was surprised when I looked at Percy Harvin's contract on XFN, and he's only making like 700k, and for him to play the way I've been using him, he may not be a Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson type WR and may not get that kind of money, but I'm not gonna cheat the league and try to sign him to a 3 mill. a year contract cause he's worth more than that. If Calvin/Roddy White/A.Johnson were in the 10 mill., I think it'd only be right for me to sign Percy to a like 7-8 mill. but yes stars are getting hoe'd on here. So it is my personal opinion that the salary cap be revamped, (although I have like 300k free space haha) its only fair.

Bears 23mil. free space
Colts 22mil. free space
Eagles 18mil. free space
Jets 16mil. free space
Patriots 30mil. free space

It's hard to believe that these teams would have that much free space, I'm not a salary cap expert, but I know when I play an offline dynasty, the only teams with that much space would've been teams like Broncos, Browns, Jaguars, Rams, like the bottom feeder teams, because they just don't have that group of talent on their team. That's what I believe, like I said, I'm no expert, but I think that the salary cap system should be revamped, or at least some kind of system where players such as Arian Foster for example, (92 rated, in prime of career, young age) who come off seasons like the one he just had, 2000+ rushing yards, 15 TD's, must sign in a certain area or something?? idk, cause like I said, if this was real-life, players would hold out until they get the deal they want, (Darrelle Revis, Chris Johnson, Osi Umeniyora, etc.) we don't have to deal with that aspect because emotions and ego's aren't apart of Madden haha, but seriously, Jake Locker, my vote for Rookie of the Year is coming off an MVP type season, and can bet he will play that way until his contract expires, it would be sooooo unfair for the Titans to resign him at 2mill-3mill a year. Maybe some kind of system.

And I wish the kicking difficulty could be boosted, I feel like no one's ever missed a FG cause we'll always get 95%+ kick power and 90%+ kick accuracy.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #8
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
Yeah I was curious to see the kind of contract Arian would have compared to AP and CJ, cause I know in real life, he'd be a holdout until he was in the area.

I was surprised when I looked at Percy Harvin's contract on XFN, and he's only making like 700k, and for him to play the way I've been using him, he may not be a Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson type WR and may not get that kind of money, but I'm not gonna cheat the league and try to sign him to a 3 mill. a year contract cause he's worth more than that. If Calvin/Roddy White/A.Johnson were in the 10 mill., I think it'd only be right for me to sign Percy to a like 7-8 mill. but yes stars are getting hoe'd on here. So it is my personal opinion that the salary cap be revamped, (although I have like 300k free space haha) its only fair.

Bears 23mil. free space
Colts 22mil. free space
Eagles 18mil. free space
Jets 16mil. free space
Patriots 30mil. free space

It's hard to believe that these teams would have that much free space, I'm not a salary cap expert, but I know when I play an offline dynasty, the only teams with that much space would've been teams like Broncos, Browns, Jaguars, Rams, like the bottom feeder teams, because they just don't have that group of talent on their team. That's what I believe, like I said, I'm no expert, but I think that the salary cap system should be revamped, or at least some kind of system where players such as Arian Foster for example, (92 rated, in prime of career, young age) who come off seasons like the one he just had, 2000+ rushing yards, 15 TD's, must sign in a certain area or something?? idk, cause like I said, if this was real-life, players would hold out until they get the deal they want, (Darrelle Revis, Chris Johnson, Osi Umeniyora, etc.) we don't have to deal with that aspect because emotions and ego's aren't apart of Madden haha, but seriously, Jake Locker, my vote for Rookie of the Year is coming off an MVP type season, and can bet he will play that way until his contract expires, it would be sooooo unfair for the Titans to resign him at 2mill-3mill a year. Maybe some kind of system.

And I wish the kicking difficulty could be boosted, I feel like no one's ever missed a FG cause we'll always get 95%+ kick power and 90%+ kick accuracy.
as far as the salary goes we could impose a performance cap penalty based on the players performance or we could lower the cap where 2 million would seem like a lot but the issue is some of the current contracts are soooooooo backloaded that we could be hurting teams, I will get with the admin team and work this out but this structure would have to change, i mean those teams you listed are that low and still have to cut 7 or more players so they could be as low as 40 million under the cap, but here is where the real problem lies, with this much money the free agent pool will look like the has been club of america, and for the league to be great you should be forced to have to make that decision on should i cut the older guy or stick with him and let go the future superstar, this way you can really keep everybody and that makes the league get stale. so this will be addressed ASAP!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »