Home

Off Season questions

This is a discussion on Off Season questions within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
Rookie

vaughn99's Arena

OVR: 18
Icon5 Off Season questions

Can we get a sticky with the "off season primer" like we've had in years past? I keep trying to jump from thread to thread but am getting lost. My main concerns:

1. Where (xbox / xfn) and when (Monday 9 est) will the draft take place?
2. Free Agency -- same thing. Google doc / XFN / other and when?
3. Traded picks -- will this be automatic or do we have to do the dreaded "make picks for someone else" thing?
4. Trades happening now -- obviously EA doesn't allow teams to add/trade players while the franchise is in off-season -- so should we drop players now (and risk muddying up free agency) or wait til after draft?
5. I saw next year's cap is 128m, and we get 2 free drops -- what are the penalties for other drops and the cut off for releasing players to free up money for free agency?
6. In free agency will we be able to offer lg minimum contracts if no other teams bidding -- or only what the players are demanding?
7. There used to be award and league leader "bonuses" required. Are those still in effect?

Thanks and sorry for all the annoying questions -- I'm sure I'll have more! Also, I'm sure a lot of this is posted SOMEWHERE or will be soon -- just wanted to make sure I know what to expect in the next few days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Off Season questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughn99
Can we get a sticky with the "off season primer" like we've had in years past? I keep trying to jump from thread to thread but am getting lost. My main concerns:

1. Where (xbox / xfn) and when (Monday 9 est) will the draft take place?
2. Free Agency -- same thing. Google doc / XFN / other and when?
3. Traded picks -- will this be automatic or do we have to do the dreaded "make picks for someone else" thing?
4. Trades happening now -- obviously EA doesn't allow teams to add/trade players while the franchise is in off-season -- so should we drop players now (and risk muddying up free agency) or wait til after draft?
5. I saw next year's cap is 128m, and we get 2 free drops -- what are the penalties for other drops and the cut off for releasing players to free up money for free agency?
6. In free agency will we be able to offer lg minimum contracts if no other teams bidding -- or only what the players are demanding?
7. There used to be award and league leader "bonuses" required. Are those still in effect?

Thanks and sorry for all the annoying questions -- I'm sure I'll have more! Also, I'm sure a lot of this is posted SOMEWHERE or will be soon -- just wanted to make sure I know what to expect in the next few days.

Good questions!!!!!

1. the draft will take place on XFN Monday at 9PM est
2. free agency will also take place on XFN, as far as what we can offer, I am not sure we will all find out together, I am thinking of starting a thread on here where if you want to bid less than the player will accept to allow it posted on here and if you are the only bidder i can manually change it to the league minimum but lets see how it shakes out.
3. traded picks should be automatic, I have heard that it is a pretty seemless thing, and as admins we have a lot more control on the draft, (more on this this evening)
4. all trades can be processed this afternoon, I see you have already dropped Mccoy, so just go pick up your other player and it will be ok, just remember to have him before free agency starts.
5.`the cuts have to be done before free agency starts on tuesday, as far as penalties it will tell you on XFN what the penalties, are before you cut them, and be careful they are pretty steep, if you are using your free cuts, list them on here, or PM me so that i can make the cap adjustments
6. see number 2(lol)
7. the performance bonuses have been removed, ( I wish we could bring them back) but with these real money contracts owners are getting punished enough

hope this helps, any other questions keep them coming!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »