Home

Purp&Yellow {Vikings Official Team Page}

This is a discussion on Purp&Yellow {Vikings Official Team Page} within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which RB would you want on your team?
Ray Rice ('2011 SFL MVP) 0 0%
Arian Foster ('2011 SFL Rushing Champion) 2 16.67%
Adrian Peterson (2000+ Rush Yds. - 25 TDs) 8 66.67%
Chris Johnson (1800+ Rush Yds. 800+ Rec. Yds - 25 Total TDs) 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Purp&Yellow {Vikings Official Team Page}

Vikings Ready For 2012!

Marc Stein
Sideline Football Press
Nov. 6, 2012

2012 Schedule
Saints - (W) 38-27
@Atlanta - (L) 34-20
Detroit - (L) 26-24
@Carolina - (W) 38-17
Chicago (W) 20-14
@Detroit (W) 31-28
Bye
Philadelphia (W) 27-7
Kansas City (W) 34-27
Oakland (W) 35-14
Tampa Bay (W) 34-3
@Green Bay
@Denver
@San Diego
@Chicago
@Arizona
Green Bay

Coming off of an unexpected 11-5 finish and a NFC North Champion season, the Vikings are ready to take it to the next level, starting with the draft. When asked how he thinks this team will fare in the draft, GM d11king, "Just like everybody else wants to, hopefully pretty good."

The Minnesota Vikings have 2 million available cap space, with an aging roster, but a talented group of young players such as WR Percy Harvin, QB Christian Ponder, TE Kyle Rudolph and FS Husain Abdullah. The Vikings have all 7 draft picks, and some fans are curious as to why the team didn't trade away pieces for more picks to get younger.

"We believe that the team we have now is capable of winning a Super Bowl just the way it is. Of course every team wants to get younger talented players, but with the position we are in now, there isn't much we can do at this point. We'll see how it plays out this year, and I'll make my decision moving forward."

The Vikings (11-5) lost in the playoffs to the eventual NFC Champions Atlanta Falcons in the divisional round 38-17. They will receive their rematch in Atlanta early in the season in Week 2.

RB Adrian Peterson said, "I'm going bird hunting this year [laughs]. I want the Falcons, the Ravens, the Eagles, the Cardinals, I want to play them all. I feel this team wants to be the best, and in order to be the best, you have to beat the best."

Last year, those teams all won their division and had a combined record of 56-11, with the Ravens completing the undefeated season and winning the Super Bowl against the Falcons 31-29. The Vikings will play 3 of those teams, as they go to Atlanta in Week 2, at home against the Eagles in Week 8, and at Arizona in Week 16.

Head Coach Leslie Frazier said when asked about the schedule, "It looks pretty tough on paper, but theoretically, we have pretty much the same schedule as last year, and we finished 11-5, so I'm confident in these group of guys. They want to be better than last year, we want to get to the Super Bowl, and I'm sure they are going to play like it, but we'll see how it goes, it should be fun."

The Vikings open up their season at home against the New Orleans Saints.

================================================

Last edited by d11king; 12-11-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
MVP

d11king's Arena

Re: Purp&Yellow {Vikings Official Team Page}

Off-Season Review

Howard Bryant
Sideline Football Press
Nov. 7, 2012

In his first off-season with the Minnesota Vikings, GM and Head Coach d11king gets a grade of C+.

With the first draft pick, the Vikings selected RT Javonta Maxwell, which many believe may not even have been a Top 10 potential offensive lineman, and in the rounds where experts believe are the picks where you build your team, 2nd round pick WR Kevonne Dore and 3rd round pick, HB Trevor Lewandowski may have both been available in a later round than where they were picked.

"We obviously came into the draft with our biggest wants and needs to be OL, and in the Draft Room, in the 2nd round we figured that our OL could manage until next season until we decide what we want to do with our LG Steve Hutchinson," Head Coach d11king said.

When asked about the decision to draft a HB in the 3rd round when the roster consists of Adrian Peterson and Toby Gerheart, d11king responded, "The kid's got great catching ability along with great speed which is something we lacked coming out of the backfield, and we believe he is going to be a great addition to the team, especially on 3rd down situations, and he just adds to our weapons that we already have, so we're excited to get him out there to see what he can do."

The Vikings are also rumored to be in contention of Free Agent WR Roy Williams, which brings up the question of WR's Michael Jenkins and Benard Berrian's tenure remaining with the team. Both players still have 3 years left on their contract.

Defensively the Vikings are getting older as players seem to be losing a bit of speed, and are expected next season to have a much better draft as a source close to the team said the team is expected to make next season's draft board, "Defense-Hungry". Head Coach d11king, declined to elaborate simply stating, "We'll worry about that when the time comes."

Overall, for the first draft d11king has been apart of, his head was in the right area (pause), but he's still got a lot to learn.

"I'm sure me and the staff feel good about the draft and now it's onto free agency, and we'll learn what we can, and try to apply it next season when the draft rolls around, and hopefully you guys will come with more positive questions [laughs], but utlimately we look back and feel pretty good and we're excited to get these guys out there."

NOTE: In the Free Agency Pool, the Vikings are also rumored to be interested in QB Trent Edwards, FB Brit Miller, and K Dan Bailey.

===================================
Old 11-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
MVP

d11king's Arena

QB Christian Ponder Interview

Stuart Scott
ESPN.com
November 10, 2011

Stuart Scott: First off, what a crazy season right? Is last year, anything like you expected?

Christian Ponder: To a certain degree, yeah. [Laughs] I wasn't expecting to be the starter, but the type of season we had, to go 11-5 and win the division, is something that... that I knew we were capable of as a team to go out there and do.

SS: You were named the starter after Week 5, your team was 3-2... You complete 65% of your passes which led the league, you threw for 2300 yards, 21 TD's and 11 picks.... And you finished with a QB rating of 110.1... How'd you do it man?

CP: We have great coaches here, and Donovan [McNabb] really helped me understand the offense and how it works, so each game little by little, I guess you can say I was progressing, but really I think the hard work that I've been putting in since High School.. ya know, and the great coaching staff we have here, it all played a huge role in my success last season.

SS: And it doesn't hurt to have AP to hand the ball off to right?

CP: [Laughs] Yeah, and it doesn't hurt to have AP to hand the ball off to.

SS: Last season, in the playoffs, in Atlanta, Donovan McNabb was named the starter, you guys ended up losing 38-17... In the regular season, you guys lose 34-31 on a last minute drive. Could you have won that game, and how did you feel not being named the starter?

CP: I mean, you'd like to think so... uh you want to be able to go out there and have a chance to win a road playoff game for your team, but it didn't turn out that way. Atlanta is a really great football team, and tough to beat at home, and our coaches felt that, in that situation, because of Donovan's past success, he just may have gotten us there, and I was behind him 100% just how he was when I was the starter, but you really got to take your hat off to Atlanta for the tremendous job they did.

SS: But how'd that make you feel?

CP: Uh, it was tough. But you know like I said, I was behind the coaches and Donovan, pause, 100%.

SS: Pause what?

CP: [Laughs] It's a long story, sorry about that.

SS: [Laughs] Okay, so Jake Locker... We all know who Jake Locker is in the SFL.. Rookie just like you last season, what's your take on him?

CP: Mann... Snake's a phenomonal quarterback, I enjoyed watching him last season when I had the oppurtunity, but I think he's going to a great quarterback in the future for the Tennessee franchise...

SS: So I'm going to go ahead and read you his numbers... 4037 yards, 37 TDs, 13 INTs, 114.7 passer rating.... can you beat that?

CP: [Laughs] Ohhh we're putting people on the spot now, huh? [Laughs] Uhm, I think I can, but I don't think I will. I think as an NFL quarterback, our job is to lead our team downfield, make the right decisions, execute the gameplan, and lead our team to victory... It's a lot of things that come along with the QB position, and me personally, I feel if you're going out there, thinking about trying to reach a certain number, and that's when the mistakes happen, and ultimately you just don't want to go onto the field thinking that way.

SS: Right, right. Now, your division, put 3 teams in the playoffs. Megatron and Stafford in Detroit, Aaron Rodgers and the champs in Green Bay -----

CP: Don't sleep on Chicago now [laughs]

SS: [Laughs] Yeahhhokay, and Jay Cutler in the Windy City. Is this the best division in SFL?

CP: Well, I'll tell you it's a pretty tough division to play in, I'll leave that uh, 'best division' stuff up to you guys, I don't get caught up into all of that, [laughs]. But Detroit, they are a helluva team. SFL Super Bowl winning coach, like you said, Megatron and Stafford, but I don't play against them, [laughs] I play against the Suh's, and the Fairley's, and that tremendous defense. Green Bay, I saw Clay Matthews in college in our last seasons a little bit, and it was my first time playing him, and mannn... that kid is EVERYWHERE, and their defense plays fiesty which is always good to have, and Chicago I think may have had a down year, but I don't think this team can be taken lightly with all the weapons that they have offensively and defensively, but you know like I said, it's a very tough division to play in.

SS: Now, what are your expectations this season with the Vikings?

CP: New York in February.

SS: Super Bowl.

CP: Yes sir... I don't think there's any other way to look at it. I think each team when the season starts, all have goals to make the Super Bowl, but this team, and these group of guys, we expect to be in the Super Bowl every year, and not only be in it, but win it, so we try to go out and play like it every week, and hopefully by season's end, we're hoisting up Lombardi.

SS: I'll send you out on this. Game between you, Christian Ponder, and Jake Locker. Who wins?

CP: [Laughs] Ahhhhh.. putting me on the spot heh? Uh, Christian Ponder every time [laughs].

SS: Just like that?

CP: Yeah man, [laughs] just like that. If you ask him, I bet he'll say something like, "well where's the game at" [laughs]

SS: [Laughs] I'm going to tell him you said that.

CP: I'll tell him myself [laughs]

SS: [Laughs] Thanks for your time man, good luck this season. That's 2nd year quarterback of the Minnesota Vikings, Christian Ponder.

==================================

Last edited by d11king; 11-10-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
MVP

d11king's Arena

Marching On To 1-0

Howard Bryant
Sideline Football Press
November 11, 2011

*DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES, HIGHLIGHTS WERE NOT SAVED*
*GAME FROZE ON HIGHLIGHT SCREEN AFTER GAME*

"We just got out of there," TE Kyle Rudolph said. The Minnesota Vikings survived a passing blitz by Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints as Minnesota won 38-27.

Drew Brees threw for 443 yards on 18-43, with 3 TD's and 1 INT, seemingly dissecting the Vikings defense, and making big plays when they needed with key 3rd and long conversions, and big pass plays downfield.

"He played the way you'd expect Drew Brees to play, but we were able to outlast his performance and come away with the W. Now we just have to review the film, learn from our mistakes, and prepare for Atlanta," DE Jared Allen said. "We were able to force the key turnover to give our offense a chance late in the game to take the lead, and they did exactly that."

With less than 7 minutes to play, the Saints led 27-24 and after a Vikings 3-and-out, the Saints had the ball inside the Vikings 30 and TE Jimmy Graham was stripped of the ball on the sideline after a first down which was recovered by the Vikings. The Vikings then got some yardage and eventually, Christian Ponder and Percy Harvin would hook up for a 45 yard TD which put the Vikings up for good with 4 minutes left. Drew Brees then threw an INT on the insuing drive, and Adrian Peterson would run for a 31 yard TD with less than 2 minutes to ice the game.

Adrian Peterson picked up right where he started last season, rushing for 197 yards on 30 carries and 2 TD's. New WR's to the offense, Roy Williams would have 3 catches for 31 yards and a TD, and Devin Aromashodu would grab 3 catches for 31 yards as well. TE Kyle Rudolph had 4 catches for 58 yards and QB Christian Ponder would throw for 274 yards on 19-28, with 3 TDs and a late INT. When asked about the team's performance, Ponder replied,

"Opening day jitters? [Laughs] I'm not sure man, but this was a great New Orleans Saints team we played, and it came down to the wire. Our defense was able to step up late and AP was able to finish the game off for us."

The road gets a little tougher from here, as the Vikings next 2 games, are against the last 2 teams they faced, both of which, came in the playoffs. Minnesota travels to Atlanta in Week 2, and will get Detroit in Week 3.

NOTE: The Vikings held the Saints to 9 rushing yards total.

=================================

Last edited by d11king; 11-11-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
MVP

d11king's Arena

Feelin' The Roar

Howard Bryant
Sideline Football Press
November 15, 2011

In a battle of division rivals, and a rematch of the NFC Wild Card playoff matchup, the Detroit Lions came to Minnesota hungry, and left Minnesota satisfied, beating the Vikings 26-24.

"Defensively, we just didn't make the plays needed to ensure ourselves a victory, and offensively, we just came up short. You know, give them credit, they came here and they did their job and we're looking at 1-2 to begin the season," WR Roy Williams said.

The Lions held the Vikings to just 3 possessions in the first half, with a total of 10 plays. The Lions would end up winning the time of possession battle, which is one of Minnesota's strength with the running game.

Adrian Peterson rushed for 80 yards on 15 carries, his lowest carry total since GM d11king took over last season. Head Coach Leslie Frazier said this, of Peterson's carry total.

"Well everytime we came out in a running formation, they responded by throwing the 5-2 at us and would stuff the run, so we came out in Shotgun all game, and established a passing game, but the turnover in the first half really set us back, and we tried playing catch-up all game, and against a team like Detroit, you just can't do that."

The Lions scored a field goal on their first possession after having a 1st and Goal from the 1. On the ensuing drive, Minnesota went 3-and-out after a dropped pass from rookie HB Trevor Lewandoski that would've kept the drive alive. Detroit would get the ball back and then punt, and HB Adrian Peterson would fumble on the first play which led to a Lions TD. Minnesota offensively couldn't get it going in the first half as they went into halftime trailing 16-0.

They would finally score on a 25+ yard field goal, Detroit scored on their next 2 possessions, as the Vikings would eventually trail 23-3. After an Adrian Peterson TD, the Vikings would catch a break with 5 minutes left as Percy Harvin outplayed a Lion CB and score on a 50+ pass play. The Lions drive would stall and the Vikings got one last chance to take the lead and win the game, but Christian Ponder would force a pass to Percy Harvin on a 4th down, and the Lions never looked back. The Vikings got a chance to make the score respectable with a late passing TD.

"It's tough, it really is. You work week in and week out, to be able to win games like these and, I blew it for my team. I didn't go through my transgressions on that play, and it cost us the game. It's a tough one to let go, but I mean.... you just have to put it behind you, and we have to get ready for Carolina on Monday night. We still have 13 games left, and we have to go one at a time," QB Christian Ponder said.

The Vikings now sit at 1-2 and are off to a slow start with a tough remaining schedule.

Adrian Peterson tweeted after the game:

" we'll turn the bus around next week #purpandyellow "

=============================
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
MVP

d11king's Arena

The Minnesota Vikings wish the SFL League members, you and yours, a Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #7
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8
I just want to wish you a "ya motha.."

Sent from my Atlanta Falcon CrackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
Father of (Cypher/Super [Adopted])
SFL Super Bowl 11-Time Champion
11 Super Bowl Appearances
Old 12-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
MVP

d11king's Arena

Flying High

John Clayton
Sideline Press Football
December 1, 2011

Just to take a quote from what HB Adrian Peterson said, the Vikings went "bird hunting" this week, and came back with some Eagles.

The Vikings defeated the Philadelphia Eagles 27-7 at home this week in what appeared to be an offensive struggle for both teams.

"It was a very tough game, defensively they're a really great unit, they seemed to get pressure on the quarterback seemingly easily, they forced turnovers, but we were able to do the same with our defense, and made big plays when we needed them, and ultimately came away with the victory," Head Coach d11king said.

When asked to respond to Eagles Head Coach dubb40's comment saying the game was lucky, and they were getting things to happen that proved the theory, d11king responded:

"Maybe...and if it was luck, I'm just glad luck was on our side this week [laughs]."

Adrian Peterson who was held to less than 85 yards rushing in 3 of the previous 4 games, finished the game with 178 yards and 1 TD, including a career long 85 yard TD early in the 2nd quarter.

85-yard TD Run by HB Adrian Peterson

"That run gave us confidence. It sure as hell gave me confidence, and I knew that he was going to have a big day after he pulled that off," QB Christian Ponder said.

Still in a sophomore slump, Christian Ponder, who was known for his high completion percentage, was 9 for 23, and threw for 179 yards with 2 TD's and 2 INT's. He also threw for a career-long 83 yard TD pass to Percy Harvin in the 2nd quarter to give the Vikings the lead, and one more right before the half to TE Kyle Rudolph to put the Vikings up 21-7. The Vikings would only score on field goals the rest of the way.

83-yard TD Pass from QB Christian Ponder to WR Percy Harvin

19-yard TD Pass from QB Christian Ponder to TE Kyle Rudolph

The Eagles, coming into this week, one of the best rushing teams in the league, rushed for 53 yards against the Vikings, thus making the Vikings 2nd against the run, behind only the New England Patriots.

Desean Jackson was held to 2 catches for 20 yards and Jeremy Maclin was held to 3 catches for 30 yards. WR Danario Alexander was the only WR to "find success" catching 4 passes for 74 yards. Michael Vick also stuggled, going 20 for 38 throwing for 278 yards, 1 TD and 3 INT's and also being sacked 7 times, 3 by Jared Allen.

"We had to keep the pressure up, we didn't want him to sit back there and start campfires, and we were destined not to allow his speed receivers on the outside beat us, so we came in with a good defensive gameplan, and we excuted beyond perfection," HC d11king said.

Adrian Peterson would tweet after the game:

"went bird huntin' this week; came back with some Eagles!!! #purp&yellow"

The Vikings play the Kansas City Chiefs next week at home.

=================================

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »