Home

Old 11-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #9
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 48 Hour Advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd102
why are people askin for so many changes to the league??? i know the league may have flaws at times but if you compare it to other leagues on madden....im happy with what i got....not being rude to anybody because everybody has their opinion but can we all just shut up and play damn
there is nothing wrong with suggestions, and that is all this was, and it was not a bad idea, this league is built on innovation and making changes to the system to improve, last year we did 8 full seasons, and it was done with 48 hour advances for the last 5 or 6 seasons, if you dont like the idea feel free to voice your displeasure as well.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
why are people askin for so many changes to the league??? i know the league may have flaws at times but if you compare it to other leagues on madden....im happy with what i got....not being rude to anybody because everybody has their opinion but can we all just shut up and play damn
i understand what you're saying, but i was really just curious.. because once that advance hits, my game gets done, and then i have to wait like 2 more days to play another, and usually on the last day like shards said, theres 5 games left and only 1 will get played or something. like as of right now, its reaching the 48 hour mark, and there are only a few games left (if xfl is right lol) so thats why i brought it up.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

What if we advanced 3 days a week?

Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday? I know a lot of people do things on weekend (including me lol) so maybe having a 48 hr advance during the week and a 72 hour one on weekends would work. Also, having set days of the week to advance would be easier to remember.

I'm all for playing more often. Like twosilk said, 5 days between games at times makes people lose interest.

We may lose a member here and there because of this, but we all know that there's at least 20 of us that are here to stay. Every league has turnover...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #12
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

OVR: 4

I like it the way it is personally. I don't know about you guys, but there are other games i like to play. I like to take a break from Madden every once in a while. Don't get me wrong, I love madden. I think its perfect on how it is, sure we have to wait sometimes, but is it really THAT big a deal? If it's always the same people holding it up, I'm sure that can be fixed with a little communication.

Didn't we move to a 48 hour advance for the playoffs? hahahaha and that was complete Chaos, or what seemed to be from my view. I couldn't imagine with an extra (x) number of people.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #13
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy22G
I like it the way it is personally. I don't know about you guys, but there are other games i like to play. I like to take a break from Madden every once in a while. Don't get me wrong, I love madden. I think its perfect on how it is, sure we have to wait sometimes, but is it really THAT big a deal? If it's always the same people holding it up, I'm sure that can be fixed with a little communication.

Didn't we move to a 48 hour advance for the playoffs? hahahaha and that was complete Chaos, or what seemed to be from my view. I couldn't imagine with an extra (x) number of people.
We moved to a 24 hr. in the playoffs, and I agree with you that was complete chaos haha. I think for me personally, since this is one of the greatest league's I've ever been apart of in any game, I just want to stay around it as much as possible, cause I play alot of ranked games just to practice my playbook, and plays, and learning my players but everyone in ranked matches is a whole lot of cheese and it's pointless in trying. I wouldn't mind if I had played alot of community games, but no ones ever online. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the 72 hour advance, but like I said, I was just curious...
Old 11-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #14
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

I understand your point about other games, but moving the advance up 24 hours only adds one extra game a week to your schedule, maybe 2 on every other week, I mean you would play a game every other day basically so one game on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and then Sunday, i mean that is not a lot of madden. and as far as the playoffs go i don't see the issue with having to play a game a day out of respect for the 20 teams that don't make the playoffs, the gaming wasn't the issue it was people not doing their off-season work.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #15
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Quote:

That's what I was thinking. If it's the same people, they should be dealt with. I'm pretty sure I could manage the advance being sped up, only b/c I did it last year. But I would also have 2-3 games simmed a season b/c between work and school, some owners and I would just have conflict w/ scheduling. I don't like it specifically this year, b/c like Rudy said, I have about 4-5 games that I'm rotating right now and will be adding another couple in the coming weeks. I'd like to spend the free time I get distributing my time to the other games I paid $60 for.

The interest isn't going anywhere. Half the teams have a team page and I'm not sure that we've dipped below 28 owners to this point. Week 1, there were no owners for NO or CAR, week 3 (which is basically a week) those teams are filled up.

This is by far the best league I've been apart of. The members that know me, know I held ACQB close to my e-heart, but SFL 2011 kills it. ACQB always tried to change things for the better of the league, I believe ACQB is no longer a league. Things don't need to be brought up for change as often as they do here. You keep tinkering and eventually you're going to break it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #16
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
That's what I was thinking. If it's the same people, they should be dealt with. I'm pretty sure I could manage the advance being sped up, only b/c I did it last year. But I would also have 2-3 games simmed a season b/c between work and school, some owners and I would just have conflict w/ scheduling. I don't like it specifically this year, b/c like Rudy said, I have about 4-5 games that I'm rotating right now and will be adding another couple in the coming weeks. I'd like to spend the free time I get distributing my time to the other games I paid $60 for.

The interest isn't going anywhere. Half the teams have a team page and I'm not sure that we've dipped below 28 owners to this point. Week 1, there were no owners for NO or CAR, week 3 (which is basically a week) those teams are filled up.

This is by far the best league I've been apart of. The members that know me, know I held ACQB close to my e-heart, but SFL 2011 kills it. ACQB always tried to change things for the better of the league, I believe ACQB is no longer a league. Things don't need to be brought up for change as often as they do here. You keep tinkering and eventually you're going to break it.

That's why I quit in season 2 last year. After I won the first Super Bowl i started out 2-3 the following year bc 2 of my games were simmed. It was frustrating, but that was also under different management. I think the three days are perfect, you have a lot of people in different time zones...some people have to go to bed early, some can stay up late...it just makes it easier to schedule. Some are in H.S, some in college, some work, some don't... i find the forums help a lot. I always give my phone number out and that seems to help. Not like you have to save it and we become pin pals, but ya know, whatever works.

I usually try getting my games in as quick as possible. I personally don't mind waiting two days for other people, who knows what their schedule is. As long as people don't take it the wrong way of playing other games. Just because i don't touch madden for a day doesn't mean I'm not interested. I know that's not what you're referring to, but just sayn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »