Home

Old 11-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #17
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 48 Hour Advance

I wasn't quoting you in anything, i just didnt want to go back to the main post to click 'quick reply' haha.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #18
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
I understand your point about other games, but moving the advance up 24 hours only adds one extra game a week to your schedule, maybe 2 on every other week, I mean you would play a game every other day basically so one game on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and then Sunday, i mean that is not a lot of madden. and as far as the playoffs go i don't see the issue with having to play a game a day out of respect for the 20 teams that don't make the playoffs, the gaming wasn't the issue it was people not doing their off-season work.
I think people not doing their off season work is a whole new can of worms. I know I didn't do very well. Playoffs, and then switching teams and a couple of days I just didn't have the time to prep.

Monday, Wed, Friday, Sunday don't sound bad, but when you get a mix of different schedules, i think the way it would be more beneficial to keep it at three. I think people would get more frustrated if we sped it up, getting dropped and replaced would be a B**** to deal with. I like the people in this group, so i would hate to see somebody leave for not being able to keep up......and i might be one of them.

Last edited by Rudy22G; 11-16-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #19
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
That's what I was thinking. If it's the same people, they should be dealt with. I'm pretty sure I could manage the advance being sped up, only b/c I did it last year. But I would also have 2-3 games simmed a season b/c between work and school, some owners and I would just have conflict w/ scheduling. I don't like it specifically this year, b/c like Rudy said, I have about 4-5 games that I'm rotating right now and will be adding another couple in the coming weeks. I'd like to spend the free time I get distributing my time to the other games I paid $60 for.

The interest isn't going anywhere. Half the teams have a team page and I'm not sure that we've dipped below 28 owners to this point. Week 1, there were no owners for NO or CAR, week 3 (which is basically a week) those teams are filled up.

This is by far the best league I've been apart of. The members that know me, know I held ACQB close to my e-heart, but SFL 2011 kills it. ACQB always tried to change things for the better of the league, I believe ACQB is no longer a league. Things don't need to be brought up for change as often as they do here. You keep tinkering and eventually you're going to break it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy22G
I think people not doing their off season work is a whole new can of worms. I know I didn't do very well. Playoffs, and then switching teams and a couple of days I just didn't have the time to prep.

Monday, Wed, Friday, Sunday don't sound bad, but when you get a mix of different schedules, i think the way it would be more beneficial to keep it at three. I think people would get more frustrated if we sped it up, getting dropped and replaced would be a B**** to deal with. I like the people in this group, so i would hate to see somebody leave for not being able to keep up......and i might be one of them.
Both of you made really valid points. And looking back at it, I think I was maybe bringing this up on a more personal level, than looking at it from the view of the league.

I don't play 2K since the game took a step backwards online, MW3 gets boring after a while since none of the people on my friends list can hang with my beastlyness and dont want to play with me, I don't have Forza as well as other games, so it's like Madden is all I play, so I think I was looking at this from a personal standpoint.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 13
If people took the initiative to get their games scheduled and didn't wait until their opponent hit them up first to schedule their game then the league would run much smoother and it wouldn't be the usual suspects holding up the league.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11

I dont think it should be changed. I just joined the league but if it was 48 hours during the regular season then i would have simmed games from time to time. Sometime I just dont have the time to play a game and contact the opponent and schedule a game all within 48 hours for some regular season games. I like it the way it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #22
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23

This is my stance on this....

I know we did 48 hrs last year for many seasons and I don't think many of you seen how many texts I got from guys wanting me to boot for replacements and things of that nature. We also had guys making the playoffs because of that and it just got to be too much.

We go 72 to start just to get newcomers acclimated and letting them learn the ropes of the league. After the holidays, you know who is serious about being here and then maybe you move it up maybe not.

In the end, games advance as fast as guys get the games done. There were a couple of times last year when a whole week would get done in 24-28 hrs even though we were advancing 48. I have notes here of the last guys every week along with sims. If they can be brought up to speed much of this waiting would be done.

I also wouldn't mind speeding up, but I'm thinking about those that have responsibilities to take care of. I will look into the scheduling Tim Roy was talking about though....
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 11-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #23
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
Both of you made really valid points. And looking back at it, I think I was maybe bringing this up on a more personal level, than looking at it from the view of the league.

I don't play 2K since the game took a step backwards online, MW3 gets boring after a while since none of the people on my friends list can hang with my beastlyness and dont want to play with me, I don't have Forza as well as other games, so it's like Madden is all I play, so I think I was looking at this from a personal standpoint.
Beastlyness on MW3, huh? hahahahahahaha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »