Home

Making Our Lg More sim

This is a discussion on Making Our Lg More sim within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #17
Rookie

Bs up hoes down's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Making Our Lg More sim

I rather use my DL since most guys use their MLB most of the time in SFL.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #18
Rookie

vaughn99's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
yeah but what if you couldnt switch when the pass was thrown would you still start out on the dline???
Personally if there was no switching I'd be trading anyone for a 95+ SPD, 95+ ACC DBack and roaming everywhere (or sitting tight until the play develops and then sprinting over). I kinda HATE when I play against that kind of player, but in a "no switching" universe you'd almost have no choice but to.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #19
Number 1 Stunna

F0rl3fclov3r's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
couple of questions:
1. would you use the de/dt if the rule was made to where you couldnt switch at all during the play???
and
2. how would the league feel about such a rule because it is kind of cheap to switch 4 or 5 times during one play, really takes away your players ratings as you make them gods while under your control...
Quote:
yeah but what if you couldnt switch when the pass was thrown would you still start out on the dline???
Here I go....

1. We've gone over this and majority stated that playing basically as 'player lock' would be boring and take away the fun of madden.
2. No one is making their player gods. ...at least no one I play against (besides Julio Jones). Let's just sim every game of the SFL if we want no user intervention. This topic needs to end.
3. You have to switch otherwise you get burned by the offense 9x out of 10. By switching and User-ing the pass either you can get in good position to make the play or totally F up the play and give up a huge gain, thats the risk you run. You can't tell me Julio can catch pass after pass against Nick Collins, Charles Woodson, and Tramon Williams, all rated over 90, c'mon now. The ratings don't mean much and this is a prime example of why ratings don't mean much in madden. Karlos Dansby anyone?
4. And then...what about plays on the run, if a ridiculous rule were put in place Like the one we are discussing, is that just against passes or can you not switch players during a run play either?

As I have stated before, maybe once or twice have I seen some shady play but for the most part everyone's gameplay techniques are fine. What we have in this thread is a newcomer to the league without any experience against others in this league bringing up something that doesn't even occur in this league only on YouTube and asking to change rules...drop this topic drop this thread and nix all these ideas on rule changes unless exploits like the qb sneak, LB stacking, left stick juking, and other obvious exploits are found. If its just a gameplay technique that your opponent is using, let it be and figure out how to stop it.

P.S. My apologies go out to Julio Jones for bringing him up more times than Hue Hefner on his birthday pause.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #20
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8

Julio Jones is far from being God, but he works goddamn hard (pause.)
Old 11-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #21
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs up hoes down
I agree with this, I use my DT or ends most of the time, it's more challenging to try and get in there with DL. I barely get sacks so I'm not using any exploits. And if I am a Safety or LB I usually miss using the hitstick.
The hit stick is something you want to avoid in the open field, it's really about your angle, I actually use my SS and since joining the league, I have the most interceptions (outside of Karlos Dansby and that situation) as I have 15 with him, and with that being said, Kevin Williams my DT had about 23 sacks, and Jared Allen had like 15, I always feel if you control a certain player, some of the things you can do with them can deminish. Husain Abdullah my SS was only like a 74 last season, this season I think he's a 78, nothing too spectactular but I know if I was on the DL, Kevin Williams wouldn't have 23 sacks, and Abdullah wouldn't have as many picks as he does. Like 3leaf said, he didn't use Raji, he got 4 sacks, and when he does, he can't apply pressure. Idk whether you're trying to do swim moves and spin moves, my guess would just power your way through there pause, but in relation to the post, I actually believe you have more success, not controlling a DL, but that's just me. If you can play a SS or a LB, you're good to go, all you really have to do, is play your assignment.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »