Home

No one is doing anything wrong, just an observation:

This is a discussion on No one is doing anything wrong, just an observation: within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

OVR: 4
No one is doing anything wrong, just an observation:

I guess I didn't get the memo this year:

-Play Zone
-Play as the middle linebacker
-Bunch Sets

I feel like I'm playing the same people every week. The only difference is- which team is going to catch INTs..and which team will fumble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: No one is doing anything wrong, just an observation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy22G

-Play Zone
-Bunch Sets

I feel like I'm playing the same people every week. The only difference is- which team is going to catch INTs..and which team will fumble.
That and I noticed Line Shifts are big too. But if everybody does the same thing it makes it that much easier to win games.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy22G

-Play Zone
-Bunch Sets

I agree to a certain point but on defense playing MLB is the best position to play as far as being in the action is concerned, the issue is when you use that position to shoot the gap all game which is a pet peeve of mine, zones are better this year so more people are going with them because no one really has shutdown corners to play man all game and bunch sets all game is really not sim, I hate people that use that every time they get the need to get a first down, goes back to scheme vs. gameplanning, there is a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simile000
That and I noticed Line Shifts are big too. But if everybody does the same thing it makes it that much easier to win games.
no if everybody does the same thing the league gets boring and stale, and that is not what this league is about.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
Sideline Football Commish

dubbduces's Arena

OVR: 23
I'm right there with you.... Some of these new guys don't get it and those who just play to win at all costs won't be here for long.
SFL BOWL X Champion (Eagles, M12)
SFL BOWL XIII Champion (49ers, M13)

Madden 15- Saints
NFC SOUTH CHAMPIONS (11-4-1)
Old 12-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Bs up hoes down's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simile000
When you say line shifts do you mean people are doing it nonstop until the ball is hiked? Or do you mean people are doing it every play but just once?

I do it from time to time if one side of the offense is stacked.

Just wondering, thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

And I'm not hating on anyone just because I'm 3-4. I'm 3-4 because I love the league, and we have good people in it, and its a blast, but I would rather play other games. I think this year's madden is unrealistic and "arcade" like.

The SOLE REASON: People play as the middle linebacker, and can cover everything on the field.

What do i mean? I have Jamaal Charles, I can run play action...(you) playing as the MLB, can run all the way up to the line of scrimmage..realize its a Play-action and run back and cover the TE up the field. Happens to me every game. Since Cover 3 is obviously the most popular zone in the league, with the MLB all you have to do is shoot the gap for a run. Because you know you'll have teammates covering the edges on a cover 3.
Unless you do a move to fake out the user MLB, that is the only way to get yards. Most people run the ball successful when the other team is in a passing defense and you run a draw play or whatever. However in real life, you committing to the run like that....will get you knocked on your *** by an Olineman or FB.

Like I said, these aren't my frustrations with the league or people in it, it's more frustrations with madden. There is no reason a ball should be picked off 10 yards down field, when I'm throwing it 30. Pause.

Great Example: Last game, Versa kicked my ***...I think he only scored three points when I switched to MLB. He ran the ball a couple times and i said "wow.....this is easy." and I already knew it was it easy...that was just frustration coming forward...I even caused two fumbles bc i could hit stick him, pause again....all i have to do is be ready for the run....drop back and cover the middle of the field. ANNNNNND what made it even easier- I pinched my D-line like he did...s.h.i.t. is tooooo easy. Not hating on Versa at all, but this year's madden blows. No pause, because it does blow.

You know a good way to beat any defense?????????? Anybody???

-Bunch sets.

Again, not accusing anybody of cheating or playing outside the rules, but this is why I no longer play madden. It's boring. I know whether i play a league game or online ranked game...the other person will be running some sort of zone, and will be controlling the MLB. I will also see a lot of bunch sets...usually resulting in a play toward the side line or up the seam.

Everybody scored a ton of points last year, this was EA's way of improving it.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

I'm not asking for anybody to change their style of play.

Let's be real here: I'm definitely switching from Safety to MLB...no doubt. I have a losing record after 8 weeks...unreal.

Probably will stick to running man coverage. I think I got away with it last year because Oakland's defense was so fast to the football.

I'm going to continue to keep up with the league, and continue to make the playoffs and never win a Super Bowl, just thought I'd share my thoughts on this year's madden.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I ran almost zone exclusively b/c that's how Tampa is built and I didn't want to change the team makeup. I also play a different amount of zones too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »