Home

Pre-Season BOLD Predictions (Season 1 Edition)

This is a discussion on Pre-Season BOLD Predictions (Season 1 Edition) within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Pre-Season BOLD Predictions (Season 1 Edition)

Is Year 1 the year we all Hail to the Redskins?

Madden 13 Sideline Football is amongst us! Who will be the biggest surprise/disappointment this year? Who will win MVP? And most importantly...who will win the SFL Title for year 1? The NFC may get the awards...but do they get the first SFL Madden '13 title? All of that and more answered just below!....

Season 1 Predictions

MVP -- QB Cam Newton, CAR

Starting off strong with the BOLD predictions as the MVP for Year 1 will be a Quarterback in the NFC South NOT named Matt Ryan. Quite the shocker? I honestly don't think so. The Carolina Panthers have quietly been stacking that offense from the day they drafted Newton with the first pick in last year's draft. So let's take a look... WRs Steve Smith, David Gettis, and maybe the reappearance of Louis Murphy means a lot of down the field stretching for this squad and with running backs Deangelo Williams, Johnathan Stewart, and Mike Tolbert holding down quite possibly the deepest backfield in the SFL. A lot of weapons for Cam Newton (who is, himself, the most dangerous weapon on the Panthers) and some 'ok' defenses in the NFC South means Cam Newton could have his most destructive season in the SFL to date.

Runner-ups -- QB Matt Ryan, ATL; QB Kolb/Skeleton, ARI; HB Ray Rice, BAL

Offensive Player of the Year -- QB Matt Ryan, ATL

But wait...not so fast. I am by no means writing off QB Matt Ryan. Because that Falcons offense is stacked. WRs Roddy White and Julio Jones make for one of the more potent duos in the SFL. Couple that with Harry Douglas in the slot make for a monster offense that can and WILL put up points on any given Sunday. I say that HB Michael Turner takes a step back this year and 'Quizz Rodgers takes on more carries which probably isn't a good thing for the Falcons. Matty Ice will put up the stats but I do not think that defense will help him win as many games as the Panthers. Really the winner of the NFC South division will probably decide the MVP winner this year.

Runner-ups -- QB Cam Newton, CAR; QB Kevin Kolb/John Skeleton, ARI; HB Frank Gore, SF; WR Calvin Johnson, DET

Defensive Player of the Year -- LB Demarcus Ware, DAL

Welcome back to SFL Dominance Demarcus Ware! I truly believe that this is the year that the Dallas Cowboys' defense finally takes that step forward and goes back to it's once all-around dominant self thanks large and part to the secondary finally being addressed as it has been VASTLY improved and Demarcus Ware thanks the Cowboys' organization for that. Coverage QB Tackles are going to be at a premium now that CBs Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr are now in town. Who knows? Maybe this is the year Dallas shocks the world and get's itself a division title behind that stout defense.

Runner-ups -- LB Terrell Suggs, BAL; LB Brian Orakpo, WAS; LB Aldon Smith, SF; CB Darrelle Revis, NYJ

Offensive Rookie of the Year -- QB Robert Griffin III, WAS

Depending on who decides to take over as the Colts owner this may be a run away. A pity because this could of been one of the interesting Offensive Rookie of the Year races. We have 4 Rookie starting QBs (RGIII, Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, & Brandon Weeden), and 4 maybe 5 impact offensive rookies starting else where (Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright, & Stephen Hill) but all of them except RGII have some type of issue whether it be the team being ownerless or the players surrounding that player being talentless. RGIII has all the tools to make Cam Newton's season last year look mediocre as he's faster and may have a better deep arm then Cam did last season. WRs Pierre Garcon and Santana Moss are two speed guys that any QB would love to have. Couple them with the fact that AC is one of the smarter passing owners in the SFL means we could have a REAL Hail to the Redskins season on our hands.

Runner-ups -- WR Michael Floyd, ARI; QB Ryan Tannehill, MIA; QB Andrew Luck, IND; HB Trent Richardson, CLE

Defensive Rookie of the Year -- SS Mark Barron, TB

Here goes another shocker. And a tough one to pick at that. By no means do I believe that Mark Barron will be the most DOMINANT defensive rookie this year. But I do believe he will be the most IMPORTANT defensive rookie (please deliver all slander below this post please and thanks) to his team and I'll explain why. Outside of CB Aqib Talib and DE Adrian Clayborn who exactly is going to be a standout on this defense? And if you say Ronde Barber I'll E-Slap you. Let me give you a hint. It rhymes with Yo Gotti. Here's a prediction. I predict that SS Mark Barron will lead all rookies in Solo Tackles AND Pass Deflects. He's that good people. Especially with the now pass happy league and especially the NFC South where every team has a stud QB. Shiz and the Bucs are going to need Mark Barron to be as good as advertised.

Runner-ups -- CB Morris Claiborne, DAL; LB Luke Kuechly, CAR; CB Stephon Gilmore, BUF; DE Bruce Irvin, SEA

Rising SFL Star -- HB Fred Jackson, BUF

Go ahead and write this down because I'm about to say it and I'm about to mean it. Come Season 2 Fred Jackson will statistically be in the Top 5 running backs in the SFL. BUT this is all contingent upon his injury rating. Madden likes to give people who were previously injured prior to the making of Madden the injury rating of a sat on taco shell. Fred Jackson is probably the most underrated running back in all of Madden and maybe the NFL too. He's not the shiftiest, he's not the strongest, but if he sees daylight he isn't Reggie Bushin' his way through the hole. (Shout out to Kim Kartrashian) He gets yards. He gets touchdowns. And with the run heavy philosophy that D11king brings to the Buffalo Bills this running back will soon be a household name.

Runner-ups -- LB Brian Orakpo, WAS; QB Eli Manning, NYG; HB Jamal Charles, KC; QB Aaron Rodgers, GB

Falling SFL Star -- QB Tom Brady, NE

Now before I get bashed and catch all types of hellish slander read the category this is in. Falling SFL star. Tower is one hell of an owner but I do not think that even he can duplicate the success that former owner AC had with Tom Brady. Tom Brady was easily in the talks for MVP year in and year out of last years Madden and I just think he takes a dip in statistical output and doesn't make the Top 5 choices for MVP until the next Madden. But I digress...Tower IS a capable owner who WILL win a lot of games. He is actually my dark horse to make a deep run in the playoffs. It's just difficult to see Tom Brady throwing his 4000+ yards and 30+ touchdowns with less than 10 picks ever again.

Runner-ups -- HB Adrian Peterson, MIN; HB Chris Johnson, TEN; HB Michael Turner, ATL; QB Jake Locker, TEN

Owner Who NEEDS To Win....NOW -- Green Bay Packers

No disrespect to Fourleaf but even he knows that it's either now or never. 8-8 has appeared to be his ceiling after proclaiming greatness prior to the first SFL season on last year's Madden '12. It sort of feels like DeJaVu all over again as Fourleaf is once again extremely active on the boards and proclaiming that he will rise and overcome his repetitive 8-8ness. I personally think he'll over come his 8-8 woes. But large in part to his division being a weak as the AFC South was last year with two owners nameless and his buddy being in the division as well. I feel like Fourleaf has the potential to go 10-6 with his schedule. Anything less than that or less than the playoffs will be an absolute failure.

Runner-ups -- Black Diamond, PIT; Cypher Simile, NYG; JTurk, DAL

THE Darkhorse Team To Watch -- Houston Texans

I only know of TWOSILK when he owned the St. Louis Rams and the team wasn't that good. But to his credit the team was literally not that good at all. But now he returns after a two season layoff to the Houston Texans who have one of the easier schedules in all of football. Also sporting maybe one of the strongest offenses in the AFC they will be a shoe-in to get into the playoffs and may possibly make some noise. This team's success is heavily placed upon the health of Matt Schaub and whether or not that defense stays strong with the loss of DE/LB Mario Williams.

On the back of a milk carton -- QB Aaron Rodgers

Where the hell is Aaron Rodgers? He was virtually the best QB ratings wise on Madden '12 and he was no where to be found for 3 straight seasons. Fourleaf knows he needs to win now and Aaron Rodgers has got to be the reason why. If Aaron Rodgers isn't in the Top 10 this year in QB rating/yards/tds/every other QB stat AND he fails to make the playoffs then the slander will go to an all-time high. Aaron Rodgers has the tools...he just has to make it all happen.

Season Predictions

NFC

North
1) Green Bay Packers
2) Detroit Lions
3) Chicago Bears
4) Minnesota Vikings

South
1) Carolina Panthers
2) Atlanta Falcons
3) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
4) New Orleans Saints

East
1) Washington Redskins
2) Dallas Cowboys
3) New York Giants
4) Philadelphia Eagles

West
1) Arizona Cardinals
2) San Francisco 49ers
3) Seattle Seahawks
4) St. Louis Rams

(bold print - Playoffs)

AFC

North
1) Baltimore Ravens
2) Pittsburgh Steelers
3) Cincinnati Bengals
4) Cleveland Browns

South
1) Houston Texans
2) Jacksonville Jaguars
3) Tennessee Titans
4) Indianapolis Colts

East
1) New York Jets
2) Buffalo Bills
3) New England Patriots
4) Miami Dolphins

West
1) Kansas City Chiefs
2) San Diego Chargers
3) Denver Broncos
4) Oakland Raiders

AFC/NFC Title Games

Arizona Cardinals vs. Washington Redskins
&
Baltimore Ravens vs. Kansas City Chiefs

SFL Super Bowl Champion

Washington Redskins vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Last edited by Simile000; 08-17-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Pre-Season BOLD Predictions (Season 1 Edition)

Great write up, I see you put a lot of work in to it. And FYI if I get back to the NFC Championship game, I'm not losing, unless the other user has a stacked team compared to my low rated team.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8
Great write-up JR. Looking forward to NFC East's version of "Fade in the Shade."
P.S. - don't ever disrespect my/our team again.

Sent from my D-Block "Best in the World" Edition BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Father of (Cypher/Super [Adopted])
SFL Super Bowl 11-Time Champion
11 Super Bowl Appearances
Old 08-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth1566
Great write-up JR. Looking forward to NFC East's version of "Fade in the Shade."
P.S. - don't ever disrespect my/our team again.

In the SFL world the Falcons could kick rocks with open toed shoes on.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8
Don't worry, you're gonna see Julio Week 16. You thought you was sad when Bianca didn't wanna bust it wide open for you? This will be worst.

Father of (Cypher/Super [Adopted])
SFL Super Bowl 11-Time Champion
11 Super Bowl Appearances
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Good write up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
Rookie

d0r1en0's Arena

OVR: 1
Nice man. 10 car

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »