Home

Sea of Red (KC Chiefs Page)

This is a discussion on Sea of Red (KC Chiefs Page) within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

OVR: 4
Sea of Red (KC Chiefs Page)

"and the home....of the........CHIEEEEEEEFFFSSS!"

Welcome to the 'Sea of Red' the homepage for the Kansas City Chiefs! RUDY and the CHIEFS come in as heavy favorites for the AFC West Title in Madden 13 season one, and look to build on 12's successful seasons.

This will be Rudy's 5th full season as an SFL member. Making the playoffs 3 out of 4 times, competing in the conference championship all 3 trips. He won the first ever SFL SuperBowl, but has yet returned to the promise land as top dog. Rudy has competed and defeated some of the SFL top players but can't seem to get over the hump to compete for another title.

Kansas City will be taking on a new look this year in defense and offense. "We lost Brandon Carr, he was a key element to our #3 overall defense....but we have high expectations for Mr. Routt as he will be the number 2 Corner." said Rudy

Kansas City's defense will pretty much have the same characters, but with a different look. "This year, I've decided to switch to the 3-4 defense. It has become a passing game...a lot of double tights with a single back, I don't think the 4-3 can handle what we'll be going up against. We're still working on some things and have a lot to figure out, but we should be ok. Juston Houston is showing great promise as an outside linebacker and well...Tamba will be Tamba, Berry will be Berry and Flowers is a stud."

Offensively, Kansas City also added some talent- Chiefs signed pro bowl tackle Eric Winston from the Houston Texans. Also added to the roster of multiple weapons will be Peyton Hillis. "Man, two HUGE pick ups for our offense. We addressed some needs and we should be ready to go."

Can Rudy win his division?
Will he finally make it through a conference championship game?
Will he somehow, someway, reunite with his QB Jay Cutler?

So many questions and yet so much time.

You can catch interviews, post game recaps, trash talk and trade talk- all on 'The Sea of Red'
M12 (11-5, 1-1 AFC Champs) (9-7, 0-0) (11-5, 2-1 AFC Champs)
M13 (11-5, 0-1) (8-8, 0-0) (12-4, 1-1)
M25 ??????

Last edited by Rudy22G; 09-04-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

Preseason

Rudy and THE CHIEFS look to kickoff the first season of SFL this week, which entails four preseason match-ups before the regular season starts. Games will include:

vs. Arizona
@ St. Louis
vs. Seattle
@Green Bay

Rudy has made it clear that most major starters will not participate in one snap through the four games.

"I just don't want to take the risk, when I was in Oakland we started off 11-0, players went down, as did our play. I know signifacant injuries can kill your squad... It's a huge risk with little reward. I understand coaches want to get players more experience and playing time but I'd rather be healthy. We might go 0-4...and not think twice about it. However, there will be about 3 starters both offensively and defensively that will see significant snaps."

It is said that players : Flowers, Berry, Lewis, Houston, Hali, Johnson, Routt, and Dorsey will not be taking part in preseason for the defense.

Offense: Cassel, Charles, Hillis, Moeaki, all starting line, Baldwin, and Bowe will also be taking the preseason off.

Look for Rudy to turn to players such as: Steve Breaston, Dexter McCluster, Abe Elam, Dontari Poe (R), Allen Bailey, Tyson Jackson, Javon Belcher, Javier Arenas, Jalil Brown, Brandon Siler, and Cyrus Gray (R) to make a huge splash in the four games.
M25 ??????

Last edited by Rudy22G; 09-06-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

Trade Rumors

The Kansas City Chiefs are not looking to trade anybody at this point. The only player that Rudy has interest in, is Jay Cutler.

We are young- we are talented- and we have money.
M25 ??????
Old 09-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

PreSeason Update

Rudy and THE CHIEFS have started their march towards another AFC West title.

In the opening preseason game, the Chiefs hosted the Arizona Cardinals @ Arrowhead Stadium. Cassel, Charles, and among others did not play in the game, but the back ups did the job. Kansas City came out with the victory and a 'feel good' about the depth of the team, Chiefs win 44-23.

"We played well, didn't get the ground game going as much as we wanted, but thats something we'll have to work on each week. Arizona played a lot of 3rd and 4th stringers while we mostly stuck with our 2nd string. In the end, I felt we got better and it was nice to start off with a win." said Rudy

For week 2, Rudy pitched a shutout while they traveled across I-70 to play the same state rival, St. Louis Rams. The Rams looked lost, unorganized and down right awful, Chiefs win 27-0. They do not currently have a solid GM and it shows. Cassel and the starters did play the first quarter of game 2. Cassel depended on the run game to march down the field, then threw an INT in the endzone for an attempt to Jon Baldwin. There's no doubt Rudy and Cassel don't get along, but Brady Quinn has been absolutely LIGHTING up the competition. He's now thrown for 5 touchdowns in 6 quarters of play.

"Matt is really struggling with pressure, he's right on the money when it comes to no rush and good routes by the wideouts. Seems like everytime he's under pressure, the ball is being under-thrown or over-thrown consistently. It's something we'll have to take a look at, but it's been happening for quite some time." stated Rudy.
M25 ??????
Old 09-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

Kansas City Makes a QB move, Jackson out at Left-end

Rudy tried out Tarvaris Jackson earlier this week, and liked what he saw:

"I've decided to sign Tarvaris because I believe he fits our system. He can throw on the run, and fit the football in windows that our previous starter could not do. Matt Cassel has been officially moved to the second string QB position. His inconsistent play, and lack of leadership has been too much of burden offensively." said Rudy

The rocky relationship between Rudy and Cassel seem to continue.

Jackson doesn't come in with a lot of experience, but he has a powerful arm, can extend plays, and is able hurt defenses running the football. This should be an interesting move for the Kansas City Chiefs. I don't believe that Jackson is the Elite QB Rudy needs to get another ring, but its a step in the right direction.

Rudy also released defensive end Tyson Jackson. Jackson was drafted 4 years ago out of LSU, as a first rounder and never seemed to improve. Looks like Rudy is planning to use Bailey to take his spot.

"Jackson just never really panned out, we gave him time, support, and the opportunity to develop and it never really worked. I have full confidence that Bailey will be an excellent replacement."
M25 ??????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

Re: Sea of Red (KC Chiefs Page)

Rudy and The Chiefs played their 3rd preseason game by hosting the Seahawks of Seattle. Game three however, did not go as planned like games 1 and 2.

The Seahawks defeated the Chiefs 22-3, in what seemed to be an important game for the Seahawks.

The newly aquired T. Jack, started for KC and went 4-6, with 46 yards and an INT. Those numbers seem golden compared Cassel and Quinn.

"Quinn has already earned his spot on the team, I wanted to play Cassel the rest of the game, but he didn't help his cause. I had to put in Quinn, Cassel did not have his 'mind' in the game." said Rudy

Cassel only played a quarter and ended the game (1-8) with 15 yards and an INT.

Brady Quinn, the preseason all-american,didn't show up for this one either,going 7-18, 138, and 2 INTS.

"We had situations where we were in field goal range, and I obviously would've managed the game differently. We took shots down field, A LOT, we wanted to test the second string secondary, ...the way our QB's have been throwing the football thus far, inspired me to extend the playbook a little.....we payed for it."

For Seattle, Ricardo Lockette absolutely torched Javier Arenas, who again has been a preseason hero for KC. Lockette finished the game with 6 catches, 157 yards and 2 TDs.

"We tried out some different blitz schemes, we didn't really have any safeties over the top.I had no idea who that was or his speed. He caught me off guard for sure, and certainly caught Arenas by surprise aswell."

Congrats to Super for beating the piss out of my second team, but your defense is no where near the top 3 in the league, sir.

Kansas City will play their fourth and final preseason game by visiting the Packers in Green Bay.
M25 ??????
Old 09-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

Preseason Finale, Week 1 Preview

Rudy and The Chiefs finished off their preseason schedule by defeating the Green Bay Packers 33-10. The Chiefs finished the preseason 3-1, and hope to build on the success they've had thus far.

Tarvaris Jackson, the cool, calm, and collected new starting quarterback- finished the game 6 of 8, with 56 yards leading his team to some first quarter success.

Cyrus Gray, the rookie runningback from Texas A&M finally made his preseason splash by rushing for 85 yards on 12 attempts, with a touchdown.

Edgar Jones, the outside linebacker was on the verge of getting cut (according to sources), but he saved his job by dishing out 7 tackles, 3 of which were on the quarterback.

Season Preview (Week 1 preview):

http://http://youtu.be/_ibaP6F93QY
(I did not make this video, nor do I have the rights to it.)

The Chiefs will start off the season with a home opener vs the SuperBowl favorite, Atlanta Falcons. This has been a highly talked about game, and some people are even calling it the superbowl preview.

"I wouldn't go that far. Atlanta is a great team, and so are we. But there are other great teams out there. We are just focused on winning one game at a time in hopes of winning the division. If we lose this game, it's not the end of the world, but don't get me wrong- it means a lot, especially at Arrowhead......it's going to be a war." said Rudy

After week 1, the Chiefs will travel to Buffalo to take on D11 and the Bills. Rudy is 0-2 vs D11 and it won't be any easier this year. The Chiefs have a pretty tough schedule and with two new faces in the division, Denver and San Diego, anything is possible. JD still resides in Oakland, and looks to improve on the woes the encountered on M'12. It will certainly be an enteraining year in the AFC Wild Wild West. Look for Kansas City to finish around the 10-6 mark, and battle for another divison title.

As always, you can find your latest Chiefs news in 'The Sea of Red'.
M25 ??????

Last edited by Rudy22G; 09-21-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:25 AM   #8
Rookie

Rudy22G's Arena

Week 1 Game Recap

Rudy and The Chiefs defeat the Atlanta Falcons 20-13 in messy home opener.

So you guys wanted fast paced, lots of scoring, and a battle of offensive weapons? Well...you didn't get it. It rained, and it rained a lot. The field was water-logged and neither quarterback could find a flow to the game. Wideouts were slipping and sliding on routes, and Quarterbacks couldn't decide to A.) Throw the football in the stands, or B.) Throw it to the other team.

First game jitters definitely showed as there were a total of 4, count em, 4 turnovers between to the two teams in the first quarter. The Chiefs led the entire game, but the Falcons were always hanging around. Finally, the clock ran out on Atlanta, and Kansas City was able to hold on for the victory.

The sloppy play definitely favored the Chiefs, as the wet surface (pause if you wanna) seemed to setback the Falcons offense.

Game Stats:

Rudy and The Chiefs showed a balanced offense: 29 pass attempts- 30 rushing attempts.

Kansas City completed 13 first downs to Atlanta's 11.

Passing:
T. Jack 12-29, 207, 1-1
M. Ryan 19-39, 272, 1-4

Rushing:
J. Charles 20-78, 0, FMBL
P. Hillis 7-10, 0
M. Turner 11-48,0

Receiving:
M. Turner 7-48, 0
D. Bowe 5-76, 0
J. Charles 3-66, 1
Roddy White and Julio Jones were a combined 4 catches for 49 yards

Defensive:
D. Johnson 7 tack,
E. Berry 5 tack, QB tack, INT
Routt, Arenas, Elam - INT each

"The conditions for the game weren't meant for Atlanta's offense. We came out with idea of 'well, if they're going to defeat us, it has to be through the run' idea. I feel sorry for whoever has to play Atlanta in week 2, they are going to be angry.(Denver)" said Rudy

Kansas City will travel to Buffalo to take on D11 week 2.

Kansas City (1-0) W 20-13 vs Atlanta
@
Buffalo (1-0) W 24-10 vs NYJ
M25 ??????

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »