Home

Bulls On Parade (Texans Page)

This is a discussion on Bulls On Parade (Texans Page) within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #33
Pro

primrtime's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Bulls On Parade (Texans Page)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alldayy13
You ran the same defense all game? Lol don't wanna hear any of that.. We've beat eachother by field goals the last two years, & you complained last year so this time I had to say how poo this game was.
Really? One defense. What was that mcv. News flash you through those picks when I was in zone. If you took a second to read the defense pre-snap instead of hiking it instantly you would maybe see the difference between the two.
6 SFL Superbowl Appearances

SFL Admin
XBL Gamertag: im ur pops
Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #34
Pro

primrtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchDaCr3ator
Quick hikes are frowned upon in this establishment?
Quick hiking every play is lobby trash. Ask some of the other vets in the sfl im sure they will agree . Dropping back 20 yards to complete a pass is lobby trash and against the rules. I dont get on the boards to complain much.
6 SFL Superbowl Appearances

SFL Admin
XBL Gamertag: im ur pops

Last edited by primrtime; 11-29-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #35
MVP

TheTruth1566's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchDaCr3ator
Quick hikes are frowned upon in this establishment?

Yeah, pretty much.

Sent from my D-Block "Best in the World" Edition BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Father of (Cypher/Super [Adopted])
SFL Super Bowl 11-Time Champion
11 Super Bowl Appearances
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #36
Pro

Maybe I don't know the definition of a quick hike, but I'm sure I've been doing it the past two seasons. Can someone actually explain Le Quick Hike?

Note: Sorry for hijacking your thread Allday
Old 11-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #37
Rookie

Alldayy13's Arena

OVR: 2

It's cool I want an explanation too. Cause I don't do it on purpose or see the Benefit for myself. Just kinda get to the line and run the play, fast paced
Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 13
A quick hike is exactly what it sounds like. It's when you hike the football before an opposing team's defense can get set.

When you call a play and a defense is called and you quick hike it takes away the defenses ability to show blitz, line shift, adjust coverage, etc. and alot of the times leaves cornerbacks out of position since they are usually the last position to get set on the field. But the most part it takes away half a playbook for a defense as blitzes are ineffective against quick passing. And also forces a defense to stay in a zone all game and that's no fun at all.

A lot of SFL owners, that i notice, take Ls because you don't know and seemingly don't care about what a defense calls because your play call is usually a play you run over and over and over.

A "sim" football game should be about strategy. If you were to slow down...watch that safety creep up instead of quick hiking the football, you could possibly see that a player is going to be open if he runs to where that safety used to be and line shift towards the blitz and give you that extra protection against the rush and etc.

Quick passing is you hiking the football and not even before you get into a full drop back animation throwing the football. Usually on slants and dig routes. Also calling only plays with 3 step dropbacks could get you considered as a quick passer.

On offense you can play fast because it's not against the rules persay...but atleast give the user's defense you're playing against a moment to get set. And call different routes using all parts of the field and not just the short routes because a lot of them, unless you have extremely aware corners, are always effective.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Simile000; 11-29-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #39
Rookie

Alldayy13's Arena

Gotcha! Preciate it
Old 12-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #40
Rookie

Alldayy13's Arena

Texans ball out and hand Atlanta first loss; 37-24
After there loss in the "poo game" versus ny, Houston came out with a huge win against the best team in the SFL. The Falcons came out and made it look easy early on, and took a 21-0 lead only 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter. The offense and defense came to life. With the offense scoring 3 TD's in the second qrt, and the defense holding one of the best all time offenses to only a field goal the rest of the game. JJ played huge with 3 sacks. Malcom Floyd has his best game as a Texan, and Arian Foster was big out of the back field, gaining 131 total yards and a TD. In the battle of two of the top offense Houston outgained Atlanta, 472 to 261; and won the first down battle, 19 to 6. "

Key Players
Malcom Floyd - 7 rec, 142 yds, 2 TD's
Matt Schaub - (133.6 QBR) 31-41, 455 yds, 4 TD's 1 INT
JJ Watt - 3.0 Sacks
Johnathan Joseph - 2 Tackles, 1 INT, 2 PDEF
Arian Foster - 19 att, 64 yds; 7 rec, 67 yds, 1 TD

Last edited by Alldayy13; 01-07-2013 at 10:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »