Home

Old 09-12-2012, 04:34 AM   #1
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Free Agency

So with the league about to start, unless EA Sports lags again, I've had my questions about how free agency for the first season will work, as I'm sure others who haven't gotten any word, are as well.

I've been in the parties and yes I've had it explained to me, but not fully. I know Dubb will post the thread announcing when FA will open, pause. I remember seeing Shards post about the 'rounds' and one player per 24 hours, blah blah. Now once free agency is active, and the thread is posted, is it first come first serve?? I doubt that would be the choice being that people have lives outside of SFL and could possibly be busy and might not get a chance to post for a player they would want to sign. My only question is what would happen if 4 users posted for the same player? Would it then go by team needs or lowest overall team? Lowest overall team to me would seem fair in that situation being that the top teams would most likely already have top rated talent. My only suggestion if this were the case is that we also include the system of how we did last year where user who offers highest contract signs player.

So in the event of more than one user wanting to sign a player, we can have those interested owners, message Dubb, what the contract would look like, had we been able to negotiate a deal. (In the event of Dubb being in a bid for player situation, another admin can be named "commish" for that ordeal). And just how we did through XFN, team with the highest bid (amongst those "lower" teams) will be awarded the player because after all, this is free agency. Just cause we can't make bids in the game for the first season doesn't mean we should completely take it out of the equation.

So for example, if Kurt Warner was a free agent, and the Cardinals, Packers and Patriots wanted to sign him. Based on lowest overall in that situation, the Cardinals would be awarded Kurt Warner. If the Cardinals, Colts and Eagles wanted to sign him, because the Eagles are a far better overall than the Colts and Cards, the Colts and Cards would then send their one offer in a message to Dubb, saying what the deal would be, so for example of Cards said 3m/2y with a 1m bonus and the Colts said 2.5m/1y and 0m bonus, the Cards would then be awarded Kurt Warner.

Also, if the user makes an offer of 2+ years to that FA, then that FA will then have to be designed under that same contract term (with a year off) that was place at the time of the bid.

This is only a suggestion, as I'm sure you guys have the Free Agency situation finalized, but I do think offers as far as contracts should matter. Just cause a team wants to sign a player does that mean that player will sign with them, ultimately it comes down to money for players in the league.

Last edited by d11king; 09-12-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 04:45 AM   #2
Rookie

JTurk's Arena

OVR: 8
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347439527.404042.jpg

Smh the system we have now is fine...dubb and shards will explain when the time arrives SIR!

Games Playing Now: Ncaa Football 14, UFC 2& NBA 2k16
Avid Cowboys, FSU and Mavs FAN!

Old 09-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
MVP

d11king's Arena

Re: Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurk
Attachment 49550

Smh the system we have now is fine...dubb and shards will explain when the time arrives SIR!
Arright that works. Was only throwing a suggestion out, I'm still not even sure what the system will be so I just wanted to put my 2 cents in pause.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
MVP

I thought EA had it so that if there were offers for one player from multiple teams then the computer A.I. will pick one of those teams based on Offense/Defense style, player style and how they fit into the scheme of the coach, and money being offered?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
Rookie

Ashton313Kusher's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simile000
I thought EA had it so that if there were offers for one player from multiple teams then the computer A.I. will pick one of those teams based on Offense/Defense style, player style and how they fit into the scheme of the coach, and money being offered?

I doubt EA has this..it would be too perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #6
MVP

d11king's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simile000
That's probably what it's like after the first season. It's just the first season, teams can't negotiate and make contract offers with the player, it's just a "Do You Want To Sign This Player" type ordeal. After the first season though, it goes into the system you're talking about or something like it, well be able to negotiate and the player will get back to us about the offer the next week.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton313Kusher
I doubt EA has this..it would be too perfect.
On page 30 of the M13 Connected Careers Manual it depicts free agency and players considering teams. This may just be an offseason after the first season thing.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
That's probably what it's like after the first season. It's just the first season, teams can't negotiate and make contract offers with the player, it's just a "Do You Want To Sign This Player" type ordeal. After the first season though, it goes into the system you're talking about or something like it, well be able to negotiate and the player will get back to us about the offer the next week.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking now. Well at least whatever method dubb and shards came up with we'll only have to do once.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »