Home

What classifies as Quick Hiking/Quick Passing?

This is a discussion on What classifies as Quick Hiking/Quick Passing? within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: What classifies as Quick Hiking/Quick Passing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbduces
I blitzed you maybe 5 times last year and that's all I seen when we played. I'm not at all saying your unsim, but I do know you threw quick pretty much the whole game and I played complete zone (Cover 4, 6, 3) exclusively after the 1st quarter.
I hear what you're saying but I was feeling the pressure from your front four cause they were getting to me quickly and I didn't have time to run longer developing routes because I would get sacked. You're pretty much stuck with short passes. And I wasn't talking about our game specifically, I meant more in general.

I'm not trying to get into any arguments with anyone or anything but when your o-line is having trouble blocking even if you leave in a back or a TE, you're pretty much resigned to throwing quick short passes so that you don't get sacked every play.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6
Respect to all the sim guys in the league, but if you are motioning your RB out to WR every other play, calling 5 hot routes a play, running the same 4 plays all game, snapping the ball right when my defense starts to move, switching defenders every play to try and intercept the pass, using subtle left stick cuts, etc., I have no respect for your game.

I know sometimes I will call hike on accident while someone is adjusting their defense, but I try to play as sim as possible. Some people in this league however will do anything outside of breaking an official league rule to win.

Last edited by mountaindew77; 11-30-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #11
Number 1 Stunna

F0rl3fclov3r's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaindew77
Respect to all the sim guys in the league, but if you are motioning your RB out to WR every other play, calling 5 hot routes a play, running the same 4 plays all game, snapping the ball right when my defense starts to move, switching defenders every play to try and intercept the pass, using subtle left stick cuts, etc., I have no respect for your game.

I know sometimes I will call hike on accident while someone is adjusting their defense, but I try to play as sim as possible. Some people in this league however will do anything outside of breaking an official league rule to win.
Amen!

Every point was right on.

Too many of you are just focused on the win while utilizing Madden video game "abuses" to pull off the win. Just play football, stop playing Madden like its a video game and play it in a realistic manner to make it enjoyable. I don't remember me getting as frustrated in Madden'12 while I was losing more games than Madden'13 because at least the owners were all sim. I hope things change soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

On the flip side, if my HB has good receiving skills I'm motioning him out of the backfield to get the match up I want. It goes both ways. I don't need to quick hike but I can and will motion the back out and get the match up I want.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Hell I think if a person has to run draw plays as 90% as their run plays I think that's whack, if we want to get technical. And I know a lot of the people in this league do it only because EA has not balanced the game to give defenders SENSE.

That's what I think. I'm not gonna sit up here and call anyone unsim because EA failed. It is what it is and it is something I think is whack but not unsim.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

The fact of the matter is we are operating on a terrible premises, namely that this game is sim. I'm so threw with EA and this game. The game is not sim and no matter how sim a person tries to play it, we always run into these discussions. It never fails. Every year we have multiple things somebody is talking about. It's all because EA failed. Subtle left stick, I've seen just about everybody do it so what's the point in mentioning it unless they are getting out of hand going crazy with it? People running the same plays, yeah, well people don't have to run the same plays to EXPLOIT man coverage with the same routes, i.e., corners, curls, outs, exploit zone coverage with pass leads. What are we gonna do outlaw people from running those things and pass leading? That's absurd.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6
It has nothing to do with how sim or unsim the game is. It is how the game is played. Obviously Madden is still a video game and has plenty of its own issues, but when people aren't playing realistic football and exploiting crap you know is going to work 95% of the time, and do it repeatedly, it takes the fun out of the game and takes away from what this league is about imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
It has nothing to do with how sim or unsim the game is. It is how the game is played. Obviously Madden is still a video game and has plenty of its own issues, but when people aren't playing realistic football and exploiting crap you know is going to work 95% of the time, and do it repeatedly, it takes the fun out of the game and takes away from what this league is about imo.
Well if it is only how the game is played then why do most of the league use draw plays for their staple runs? Do real NFL teams do that? No. Why do most people run corner routes when they see man coverage? It aint simply how the game is played, it is also how it is developed to be played. People know the corner route is gonna work at a high percentage in this game against man coverage, and every playbook has multiple plays with corner routes in it. What do we do, tell them to not run those plays? To me it's both and when it comes to this game. It is the way you play AND the way it was developed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »